1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Watchdog

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by master4523, Nov 20, 2012.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. master4523

master4523 Masterful KAG Guard Global Moderator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

KAG Watchdog has been replaced by KStalk
    Click here to learn more

KAG Watchdog
    Hello, I'd like to introduce a little project I've been working on.

What is KAG Watchdog?
    Did you ever build an amazing tower on King Arthur's Gold, but then an evil player came and collapsed it on purpose? That's not really pleasant, is it?. KAG Watchdog is a website that lets you report those type of players.

But wait, there's more!
    You can also watch in real-time where the bad players are.
    This is called Live Watchdog. Enable it then join any servers, and we will tell you if you're playing with dangerous guys

How does it work?
    In order to report a player, you will have to login, using your KAG account.
    To do this, we are using a service provided by the developers of KAG2D, which is called KAG Single Sign On.
    Please note that with the use of KAG SSO, we will NEVER know your password.

For a better use, this website is also compatible with your tablet and/or your phone, so you can still enjoy playing KAG in fullscreen mode.

We need your help!
    For the moment the database is nearly empty. I need you to report as many griefers/hackers as you can!
    You're also free to report any bugs on the website.

Join now!

Updates:
    01/12/2012
    - Increased session time
    - Fixed a typo on the website
    - The home page now correctly shows the most dangerous players
    28/11/2012

- Added Stalking mode
    21/11/2012
    - Added whitelisting and blacklisting
    - Added a description field in the report form
    - Added a new category: Spammer
    - The Live Watchdog now plays a sound when a suspected player joins your server

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    magnum357, illu, fiddy and 20 others like this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Hmm, seems I guess kind of useful?

If anything for the fun to find people on the list and make structures that are tantalizing to collapse.

3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I kinda wanna be the most dangerous player now.

4. BlueLuigi

Looks like Contrary's a badass now.

Also I'm a hacker.

fiddy likes this.
  5. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

top 6 most dangerous....
    4. Kouji
    5. Contrary
    6. Blueluigi
    Seems right
    must be cause kouji is a hacker

6. 1. justi01
    2. dragon4045

Imma haxor and greefer. Same for justi :3

I have 3 accounts to use, you wanna be most wanted dangerous player? I watch too much NFS gameplays lel.

7. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I am obviously very dangerous.

numerouno.png

I give so many people grief by playing archer.

8. I actually did all that with my 3 accounts :P

9. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Forgot to mention, this kind of brings up some concern for me. How would you determine which reports are actually any good? I mean many times people cry "griefer" when they are in fact fixing something, or they might report someone for simply being "mean". How would that sort of thing be dealt with?

10. Agreed, It'd be better to just go on the irc and ! guard or report on the forums.

11. Masery

Masery is actually Maroon Donator

What prevents assholes from just reporting people they don't like?
    Cause I correct a lot of children's grammar.

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  12. BlueLuigi

Obviously nothing, that's the idea.

As you see I reported Kouji and Contrary, and myself. Then others reported them even more.

13. master4523

I've changed the way it detects the "Most Dangerous Players".
    Also, the Live Watchdog will show up a Warning next to the names of the recently reported players. It'll automatically disappear within days.

One solution to the false reports could be having trusted players or moderators who could confirm a report and/or add certain players into the "Most Dangerous" list.

14. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

If we are counting taking down the other team's structures too, I should at least make the top 50 here.

15. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester

Congratz for the idea. Since most of bans for griefing are temporary and permabans for hacking require video proof (which isn't available in most cases), projects like this one can really help to keep those nasty folks off as the playerbase grows. :thumbs_up:

:up: I like the idea, this will need some moderation in order to become a good source of useful info.

Here are some suggestions:
    Add a field where we can place comments about the player we are reporting (like links to reports on kag forum or youtube videos), and allow others to see the comments. Also add another field where server owners can contribute with that players IP, so even if he uses multiple accounts, other server owners will get his IP banned before he can make any damage.

Put in a whitelist of players that can't be reported (like Kouji, justi01, and other trusted members of community). This will prevent people adding those names as jokes.

Razi, master4523 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  16. Kouji

>trusted
    HAHA

Actually don't think that's the best idea. People might simply become assholes or something later. Plus, if they actually get many different people reporting them, there might actually be something worth noting. A blacklist of people who aren't allowed to report for making consistently bad/false reports would probably work better. If you want it to be self moderated, you could add something like a karma system for reports. Allowing people to up vote reports that they agree with, and down vote those they don't. If they get enough down votes, it's ignored completely.

PumpkingSlice, feet, Bammboo and 4 others like this.
  17. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Nice idea--if it actually takes off then I can see myself having it running in the background whenever I play.

I'm assuming that Live Watchdog would have/could be given the capacity to beep/ping/alert you when a known dodgy-type joins the server? Because that would make it heaps easier to know when you have people you need to keep an eye on and when you can just play without a care in the world. :)

Razi, UnnamedPlayer and master4523 like this.
  18. master4523

Update:
    - I've added whitelisting and blacklisting, as suggested
    - There's now a description field on the report form
    - The Live Watchdog now plays a sound when a suspected player joins your server (tested on IE9, Firefox, Chrome)

FuzzyBlueBaron and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  19. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Add tag 'Spammer'.

20. master4523

Done, thanks for the suggestion.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey