1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about bomb jumping?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SUKIDESUYO, Nov 25, 2012.

?

How do you feel about bomb jumping?

1. I love it.

160 vote(s)
    87.0%
  2. I hate it.

24 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. SUKIDESUYO

SUKIDESUYO Shopkeep Stealer

I for one don't like it because knights can simply just jump over and get over your defense that you worked hard for, Well at least i work hard on defenses. And then it leads to whoever can build the tallest tower or something so knights can't bomb jump. I know most servers are able to disable it. Well that's just my opinion, What about yours? Vote and comment if you'd like.

Boxpipe likes this.
  2. funnymonkey

funnymonkey Builder Stabber

Really!!! I love bomb jumping. It gives more fun in being a knight. It might be hard to master, but ones you have, its great. Without bomb jumping just imagine how hard it would be to get over towers and across large cliffs quickly.

:bird:

Boxpipe likes this.
  3. SUKIDESUYO

Well that's why you have builders, and later on there will be boats and stuff ya know. But it's a disadvantage on some parts to new comers.

Boxpipe likes this.
  4. Kripis

Kripis Drill Rusher

My feeling to it is neutral.

Boxpipe likes this.
  5. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

How could you not love it? This is how it goes...

People who play primarily as archers/builders hate knights and bombs. Knights hate archers. It's just a way of life.

I3lue, Boxpipe, Schizoid and 3 others like this.
  6. Yes, I agree it does tend to get annoying that players build substantial towers and then rudely interupted by knights bombjumping. However the knights are taking a risk performing the actual jump. There are three options: One they just blow up right there and right now. 2. They succeed in the jump put then plummet to the groud causing death to happen. 3. they survive the jump leaving the knight on like a heart or two and instantly being killed by the rest or your team.

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Bomb jumping is really mostly just for styling on people who are bad, especially on crowded servers. I went through a phase where every life I would bomb jump into enemy territory and try to make cool escapes with the flag. While I often made meaningful damage with my jumps, a single competent player on the other team keeping an eye out is enough to shut you down, unless its only like 3v3 or something.

To bomb jump you are giving up a bomb which is basically one or more free kills and/or instant tile deletion. You give up such a powerful item in order to put yourself in enemy territory, alone, completely surrounded without a good path of retreat and often a heart or two down thanks to fall damage. It can be viable if there are a bunch of exposed shops and you can just bomb spam everywhere while destroying the shops, but that hinges on the other team being bad enough to not protect their shops as well as again, there not being one competent enemy to take advantage of the seconds of stun you get after performing a very flashy and obvious bomb jump.

Also, taking like a minute or two to spam up some height on the top of your tower is enough. Even if the enemy matches it it is fairly difficult to bomb jump on to the one exact tile at the top of the enemy tower and even if they do any kind of bump from enemies or enemy projectiles is enough to send them falling to their doom.

All in all I'm happy to see enemies bomb jumping because it means less bombs to deal with and free kills for my team. And if the other team is using bomb jumps effectively, well they probably would have bodied us anyways.

I3lue, Boxpipe, kromag and 7 others like this.
  8. SUKIDESUYO

Yeah, You guys do make great points.

Boxpipe likes this.
  9. FG

FG Fran Donator

i love bomb jumping...just don't do it on a server you lag on.:b_shop:

Boxpipe likes this.
  10. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Bomb jumping is the bee's knee's of KAG.
    I would quite like to start a debate here ;) I know you love it
    So yes I agree that bomb jumping is a very easy way to get simpleton KAG'ers to look up in awe, it is not only an aesthetic; it comes in handy in a lot of tricky situations, like trying to get out of a spike pit or an open hole. And jumping over enemy lines will certainly waste a bomb that could be used better elsewhere, may not get many kills but will certainly divert the enemies attention and if used correctly take a few of them or their shops with you. Giving your team that little chance to rebuild and go on offence after taking a beating. 3 bombs can get you in and out of an enemy base in most situations with the flag, it really just depends on how quick the enemy team are to attack or how well they have thought out there base.
    Yes bomb jumping will certainly take up a bit of your time when you could be on the front line but coming in from there flank is always nice.
    Buuuut there are some people in every server who will waste thousands of tickets to try and learn how to do it, or try it with horrible ping and sometimes team mates can be the downfall of your glorious jump.
    Ping is definetely a factor on how well bomb jumps go.

And yes builders and archers suffer from bomb jumping, when a big fat knight lands on your head you know your screwed.
    Last thing bomb jumping is f*****g fun!!!

Boxpipe and zollie20 like this.
  11. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

I'm not sure whether I like bomb jumping or not. Half the time I end up spaghetti (or spa-geti. GET IT?!) anyway, the other half I find bomb jumping very enjoyable when I jump over a tower which has been pissing me off for the past 5 minutes and creating havoc inside their base so my fellow knights have time to conquer the tower. But as I'm shit at knight the havoc I create is not very disastrous. Well that's how I feel about bomb jumping.

Boxpipe and ParaLogia like this.
  12. Archers don't suffer much about bombjumping! I get one out of 3 bombjumpers in midair and make them drop down.

butterscotch, vampo and Boxpipe like this.
  13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

1v1-4v4 - Bombjumping is a bit OP unless they use their time wisely to stop your initial bombjumps and use archers to shut you down, would require a decent height building at start to stop you doing this basically

Past that it's mostly for style and jockin on some bitch niggas, also for the fact that if you couldn't bombjump builders can way too easily shut down front line knights forcing one of your builders to take low ground against enemy archers and knights just to surpass what could be a 5-8 tall building your knights can't get over. Now for every single LIFE for ONE of your knights to get over they need a fucking bomb OR to get that builder to the front, in which case the bomb is the worst choice as it's not permanent and is only good if you send enough knights over to keep the area held down while your guys get over with that builder.

In the end none of this shit matters as we have no actual regular servers where teamwork is actually to a point where any tactic is OP, because as we all know when there is a lack of teamwork, teamwork is always the most OP thing around in team games.

Boxpipe likes this.
  14. SUKIDESUYO

I guess i can agree on you with this statement

Boxpipe likes this.
  15. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Bomb-jumping is the only mechanic that makes playing knight a fun prospect for me; knights have pretty horrid mobility beyond slashvaulting, and it makes things way more engaging. As a tactic, it's kind of stupid-as Contrary thoroughly outlined above--, but I love doing it anyway because it's an entirely different method of movement. If all classes had mobility comparable to archers, I'd probably have a lot more fun.

16. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Lol you guys giving legitimate answers. I thought bomb-jumping was just for style points. Pointless, but it looks fucking badass.

Boxpipe likes this.
  17. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

i wouldn't play kag if i couldn't style on some bitches with bombjumps

thebonesauce, bandit4, I3lue and 3 others like this.
  18. SUKIDESUYO

Well once everything gets recoded and directional hitting is implemented, The melee will be extremely fun. Maybe even more than bomb jumping, just my opinion. It's pretty crazy with bomb jumping, i saw a guy double bomb jump? and get twice as much air and pretty much reached the enemy flag lol...

Boxpipe and inactive_account like this.
  19. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

i wouldnt play kag if i couldnt bomb jump to a tower and rape ivy :3

Boxpipe likes this.
  20. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I have no clue why this thread was even created.

For 1. Knights have been able to bomb jump, im guessing ever since bombs existed, 2. If the knights didnt have the bomb jump ability then there combat would be boring, there would be no fun bits where a knight bomb jumps over your tower, kills a few people then gets gangraped by the whole enemy team. Just watching that happen for me is funny as hell, so simply knights without the bombjump ability would make the knight class dull and boring. Wont be fun at all.