1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

This game is great but has a horrible community.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by samort7, Oct 14, 2012.

1. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I really can't sit with fraps open constantly.

2. I can its rlly not tht hard to deal wth just a quick press of f9 and then you start recording almost instantly.

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

It depends on your computer, on my old one even just me thinking about doing that was enough to make it BSOD.

thebonesauce, jeffeypop and Razi like this.
  4. Oh ok thanks for the information. :P It on my windows 7 laptop.

5. 3e0jUn

3e0jUn Catapult Fodder

You can't judge an entire community just because of one moderator, or one server. Try different servers first, or play with your friends to learn the basics and work on your combat mechanics, catapult physics, etc. And yes, they're wrong, in a way, but you're also (partially) wrong for flabbergasting and jumping to conclusions. Haven't you done the same in other games?

6. kromag

kromag Shopkeep Stealer

Anyone remember an old player named "sedgewick"? He would grief constantly and was notorious in the community. He would even go so far as to troll the forums claiming he would reform (but didn't), just to see how many people would believe him.

And I have to wonder.. noob or not, how hard is it to aim a cata? You can see which way it's pointing, it's very obvious. That's like shooting an arrow in the wrong direction -- how's that even possible? Furthermore, under what scenario would you have legitimate reason to tunnel under your own teams tower, so close that you're breaking foundation blocks?

If I did any of that accidentally, I wouldn't even bother to explain myself... I'd just say yeah, I screwed up, apologize and leave, find another server and don't do it again. I certainly wouldn't cry about a "horrible community."

thebonesauce, dnmr and 3e0jUn like this.
  7. funnymonkey

funnymonkey Builder Stabber

The thing with kag is that half of its admins are nice and half not. It really is abit of a game of luck if you have a good start or bad start depending on wich servers you go on with wich admins.

I truly would say to read all of the kag manual, so you do know how do actually play. Getting on the forums early on would also be helpful.

I have to say I had a great start!!!

:p

3e0jUn likes this.
  8. Ok, good to know your view on king arthur's gold community. If you(everyone) don't know how to play before you go online. I would personaly tell you to do it solo first just so you can get a grasp on all of the controls including the fighting aspect by dualing the bots that are set for those purposes. However admins should take into account what you just said seriously so this problem won't continue. I wouldn't say there is any such thing as a good or bad start. It's just the way you view the game at first.

9. Kripis

Kripis Drill Rusher

I think this is good that people are like that because it makes you learn faster and better and makes getting rid of the new player newbieness (?) faster.

10. Define nice.

Luck? A server with that many players should have well enough good admins that are both active and appropriate in applying Admin rules.

In actuality, after this long, I really have to say, KAG, compared to games of the same amount of players, has a much better community...however...

KAG, still does have a very bad community in my opinion, I don't like to accuse, but there has been visible and invisible corruption among players, Admin and even Guards...

If you find this offending, it's what I see KAG as. You probably don't care about changing my opinion, but in general, I would really like to see some more KAG Staff that make in-game alts to roam KAG Servers, looking for abusers.

The thing is, its not just KAG, there's corruption everywhere, and there probably always will be. I'm saying reduce it. Instead of concentrating on external sources (such as Griefers, Hackers, etc. which are more easily dealt with), prioritize your observations on high-status players, observe them...closely, with an unbiased view. You may be able to see, maybe not.

PS: Corruption is like cancer. If you are unaware of it, it spreads. Even when you are aware of it, it spreads. Eventually you'll realize you need to get rid of it...but it's too late. So cut out that cancer before it's too big. Please. I beg of you. Keep this game relatively corruption free...

I shall talk no further in this matter.

11. thebonesauce

You're not one to talk about corruption and shit, soulrealm. Get off your high horse, please.

EDIT: I feel like I need to elaborate further. I'm admin on quite a few servers and I guess I'm what you would consider "high status" amongst the community... Are you saying that I'm corrupt because I simply don't give a shit about people and their excuses? Every time I go to a public server, I see some retard griefing/speedhacking/etc. And you feel the need to say we're "cancerous" because we deal with shit swiftly and without mercy? Do you have any idea what these servers would be like if we just gave everyone a pass and allowed them to keep shit up?

Also, just because we're admins doesn't mean we have to follow any strict guidelines or "code", as I do not get paid for this shit, and I never will. I'm an admin on many servers because it's better that I'm able to deal with people ruining the players' collective experience than relying on others. Just because I don't pussy foot around and say, "O-ooh... Well, i-if you say you didn't grief, I-I guess you must be telling the truth... S-sorry..." to every griefer/hacker/troll/faggot that comes around doesn't mean I'm corrupt. So do I take your comment offensively? Fuck yes I do.

Schizoid, Beef, UnnamedPlayer and 3 others like this.
  12. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This is starting to get a depressing discussion. This topic needs more love. Who needs a hug? :D

OT: Using at least 1 smiley every 2 minutes keeps the server friendly. My fav: :note:

FuzzyBlueBaron and Razi like this.
  13. thebonesauce

I'LL TAKE A HUG :p

14. What do you take and where can I get some?

FuzzyBlueBaron and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  15. Did you even read properly?
    I'm not saying all high-status people are corrupt, I'm just pointing out the existence of corruption (that some people may/may not be able to see). I'm proposing the "cleaning-out" of such corruption. If you don't even read my post properly, how can you assume I said one thing, when in actual fact, I never said it?

Griefers, hackers and the gang are usually more easily dealt with, you only need one single very active and wise admin to do that (however if there are more, its better).

Ts: I didn't call you corrupt, you assumed that. (not even following the quote in my signature).

I take something similar to "Thought Experiments". Don't know where you can get it. Gl in your quest 4 it.

Ej likes this.
  16. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester

Oh, whatever he is into, it's bad stuff, don't take it EJ.

17. Yeah. Thought Experiments are the worst things you can get. Bad stuff. Kills your intelligence in less than a day. NEVER EVER TOUCH IT.

18. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester

But jokes apart, I would like to understand a few things you pointed out:
    Which set of rules you are you referring to? Different servers have different sets of rules that fill their needs (that varys a lot from RP to RDM). Are you saying that there is a "right one"?
    What do you consider abuse? And by bad community you refer only to those who have admin powers on 1 or more servers or the general playerbase too?

Abusers: you mean griefers hackers and such, or you think that someone who host a server with his own money and don't follow your guidelines also deserve some kind of punishment (who they think they are? Providing am environment so people can play and have fun? Those bastards!)?

What are high-status players? Which criteria you use to define them (being admin on a server, a trusted member of our community, having a 7+ inches dick and/or others)?

Ej and Beef like this.
  19. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I have 7+ inch-long dicks, does that make me a high-status player?

And yes, it's true, people act in ways that you might not. Shock! Horror! You can't expect everyone to be as perfect as you, and you can't expect yourself to be as perfect as you see yourself. On a side note, who exactly would you call corrupt and why?

Boxpipe and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  20. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

should i expect people to listen to what im saying?

Boxpipe likes this.