1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

This game is great but has a horrible community.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by samort7, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I simply don't understand. Does that relate to my penis number, or my comment about no-one being perfect? Is it even relevant to this thread at all?!

Are you high?

Boxpipe, justi01 and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  2. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

should i expect the community or at least the team that i am on to listen to what i say?

Boxpipe likes this.
  3. Hella

It depends upon what you are saying. I have no idea what you mean by "the team" you are on, but a lot of the time people do listen to others, unless they are being outright fools. Why do you ask?

Boxpipe likes this.
  4. GloriousToast

just today i built a tunnel(teleporter) in the action server. underneath the base of the blue team, covered around by stone and then i built the entrance to the tunnel in the base. and ONLY 2 people went in it (one being alpaca), i was screaming like a fucking mad man still nothing. so while i was yelling at my team ricecooker came along started destroying the blocks that led to it, built a tunnel and without even asking blue people came through it. i went through the tunnel to get a bomb and when i came to the other side some asshole destroyed the team bridges under it attempting to destroy it but couldn't so i couldnt get through it. anyway the tunnel i created under the base was destroyed.
    and then blue team created a tunnel under red. i was next to the entrance (blocked by stone), a red guy goes past me smiling, does not stop even thought blue is destroying those blocks blocking the entrance. after that i left
    tl dr: my team mates are fools

Boxpipe likes this.
  5. Hella

I'm going to take your second answer there, because the first was not written for human minds to understand.

Boxpipe and justi01 like this.
  6. -Q

-Q Donator

There's an art to it - Imagine them as artificially intelligent ant-like bots. One of the goals as a builder is to direct these ants to do your bidding as protect your golden penises and whatnot. Even if you neatly put a section of to the side for a tunnel, if it is not in the way already, it will be ignored, because there path distance calculations do not automatically include tunnels. Put it directly /in/ the way - sometimes over your spawn. If you have to, block a few pathways. The bots will start using the tunnel then, I bet.

tl;dr if someone isn't using your shit, force them to. You can't expect our brave knights to look at chat 24/7. In fact, when I see some screaming shit builder, I ignore them.

Boxpipe, One and Viken like this.
  7. GloriousToast

i even put a tunnel in front of the base. everyone probably passed it but only 1 actually even go into the tunnel before promply leaving

Boxpipe likes this.
  8. -Q

-Q Donator

Next time block off all other exits. problem solved

Boxpipe and GloriousToast like this.
  9. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I just love that soulrealm is saying that I'm making an assumption in stating that I think he's talking about people like me... When his entire argument is an assumption and a fucking generalization to begin with. I WAS ONCE CONFUSED WITH BEING CORRUPT LOLOLOLOL

Do you even know what that word means, soulrealm? What makes someone corrupt? It doesn't mean that they're an asshole admin, that's for goddamn sure. You need to study a little harder in school, which I assume you're still in.

Boxpipe likes this.
  10. The server's set of rules (or in general, what should be considered right and wrong and their consequences). I didn't say there was a "right" one, but there are better ones, in my opinion.

What I said there was...A popular server, is generally expected to have active and wise admins.

Bad community referring to "some of the players" (players include Premium, VIPs, Admins, etc.). So corruption is pointed at some of the people with more administrative abilities than others. And the general player base cannot be said as "corrupt" because most players don't have any administrative abilities, therefore cannot participate in corruption (except by sucking up to the corrupt).

Abusers, where I have stated, is directed at those who have administrative abilities and "abuse" those abilities. That is, incorrect or unjust use of them (mostly for personal purposes).

High-status players, so people who are popular in their particular location (so in this case, a particular server/s), trusted and most likely an admin. These peoples are often looked up to by other players.

EDIT:>:(: Bonesauce (@post above): You don't even make sense...firstly you read my post and immediately responded with an assumption. I've been watching, playing KAG for a while, and therefore its a conclusion that I've come to.

Also fyi, I do know what corruption is. However, here, obviously corrupt admins are nearly always asshole admins, but asshole admins are not always corrupt.

Example: There is a strict admin. He bans griefers/hackers as soon as he witnesses them and permanently bans them. That is a strict admin and sometimes, can be considered an asshole admin by some players.

Then there is a corrupt admin. He bans who ever he wants, and gets away with it, without anyone knowing that it was him. So he doesn't like this guy because the guy has taken his team's flag after bomb jumping. So he bans him. However his fellow admins know that he did it, but do not care and support him. That is corruption.

EDIT2: @Hella: I did not once, say or imply that I was perfect and did not once say or imply or even hint at the expectation of others to "be like me" or "be perfect" or such things like that.

Boxpipe likes this.
  11. Hella

Are you directing this criticism at any particular server or players, Soul? If it's aimed at everyone, then this is the perfect place to talk about it, but if it's mostly aimed at a specific server or clan that is popular and receives a lot of Action, then maybe it would be better to talk directly to some of them, rather than discussing it behind their backs?

I've got to head off to class now, but I'll stick some more bits in here later. That was just a portion of what I'm aiming to say.

Boxpipe, UnnamedPlayer and soulrealm like this.
  12. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

So, you're saying there's guards that do this?

Well I'd like to know who it is, because they'll get their powers removed if it's true.

Fyi; you report these kinds of things to Furai or Shadlington.

13. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Shopkeep Stealer

This game was great , but the community is killing itself , guards ban or harass players with absolutely no warning or even trying to communicate with players. Just today i was playing on action unlimited ctf on the blue side , some idiot thought it was a great idea to build an overly tall tower and force every body to go up and down it. Me trying to help the team out , place's some doors at the base of the tower and tries to make the path to the battlefield more efficient. But out of nowhere , frozen and shoved into bedrock with no warning , i tried to explain myself , and was ignored. No communication from any admin or guard. Whatever have fun killing your own game.

Boxpipe likes this.
  14. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester

Just to clarificate a point.
    Local admins are not related to developers in any level by default. Anyone can host a server. Servers usually have very different admin teams, so you can always just join another server.

PS:
    About that particular incident, if you feel that the admin weren't being fair to you, you can PM BlueLuigi and send him the logs of the event (if you know who froze you, invite him too). As long as you're polite, have a decent grammar and are willing to talk about it in appropiate places instead of raging on unrelated threads, you will probably get some level of help and/or explanation.

Boxpipe and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  15. GloriousToast

one thing to note is that it is indeed efficient for team doors at such a level is more efficient, however an enemy knight could destroy those doors and gain easier entrance to the rest of your base. how high did you have to go up? 20? 30? at such levels even i find that to be retarded.
    did you know a lot of retards stand in the doorway allowing for people to some how hax there way in
    and did you use backwalls to stop it from collapsing?

Boxpipe likes this.
  16. Chaoticredux

Not local admins , The server was full of guards , It was raynes server. Other servers? The playerbase has gotten so small whenever I'm on there is like 4 servers to choose from. I've played this game long enough to know what I'm talking about. The community + kag obvious choice of "their game to play" + multiplayer dependent + scaring off / pushing away players through horrible administration = killing their own game.

Probably around 30 , and you know we had several other towers the same size to the right of that one. I didn't see an issue with me trying to reduce time trying to scale 3+ towers.

Boxpipe likes this.
  17. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester

Having a guard on the server doesn't mean that he was the one who froze you.

Boxpipe likes this.
  18. GloriousToast

guards are green
    admins are orange
    devs are purple
    easy access all the way a knight could bomb jump in between castles and wreck havoc while defenders may be elseware

Boxpipe likes this.
  19. Chaoticredux

Rayne actually will say something before he bans or will ask what your doing , this was not the case. Referring to previous posts in this thread it could very well be a guard not doing his job right . Its not definite but the administration be it local or global is a contributing factor in bad gameplay experiences and i believe it is affecting the community and longevity of this game. You don't have to agree or debate it with me , but my opinion stands as is.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Rayne like this.
  20. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Soul are you still going on about how the two aussie servers combined, and some people lost admin or vip? including you? Honestly get over it. It's awesome that they joined together, now we have a more powerful and less laggy server. What you think the owners are corrupt? They did it for the australian community, to bring us together. All you have done is bitch about the 'injustice' and made a poor attempt to lure people away from the australian ctf server by bribing us with vip and admin. For shame.

BeasterDenBeast likes this.