1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Knight Or Archer, Which Do You Prefer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by funnymonkey, Nov 25, 2012.

?

Knight Or Archer (Or Builder), Which Do You Prefer?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2020.
  1. Knight!

61.3%
  2. Archer!

50.8%
  3. Builder!

9.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. funnymonkey

funnymonkey Builder Stabber

Knight Or Archer, Which Do You Prefer? :huh?:
    Also post why?

:bow::archer:

:sword: :teabag:

2. Knight master race.

3. blukey

blukey Finest Moustache in the Kingdom Donator

I choose archer, because I like getting up in the front lines and supporting my teammates. I hate camping archers though.

butterscotch, thebonesauce and Gofio like this.
  4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Given some preparation time, worker direly outclasses both.

Hammer, Spikes, Drops, and Stomps > Sword
    Stone Wall > Shield
    Ladders > Tree Climbing and Shield Boosting
    Catapult > Bow and Bombs

5. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

I like archer and knight equally, theyre both good in different situations. In a crowded 30 person server archer is good for me bacause i normally get killed by a massive group of knights/archers if i play as knight. Howeve on a small 10 person server i find knight works well as the towers arent normally as effective as they are on a 30 person server and there arent hordes of archers sniping you 24/7. You should add builder to the op and the survey because in most situations builders are more likely to be able to help their team more than a knight or archer would.

6. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

To answer this question, you should divide the archer in two groups: Campers and Fighters.
    I hate campers though, and you will probably never see me camp:
    I usually help on the front lines, which is more fun than I could have in one of the other classes.
    I also agree to contrary: builder can do literally EVERYTHING a knight or archer can do, but it costs him some resources.
    he usually even outclasses them: bomb --> keg, arrow --> catapult, treeclimbing --> ladders (faster), shield crush --> block drop.

7. First of all, WHY NO BUILDER. Second of all I would say I prefer the archer more due to the fact that the class is able to maneuver around the terrain more easier than the knight. For example climbing trees, climbing arrows and hiding within the grass. However I believe more bravery is shown within the knight because you get into the fight more and do not really camp unlike the archer.

Bammboo likes this.
  8. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

The way I see it is this:
    Offense - Pushing - Support [Pick two]

Knight: Offense Pushing - Knights fight and push well, but they can't really keep everything working when it's just them.
    Archer: Offense Support - Archers fight well and make the day easier for allied Knights, but they lack the pushing power.
    Builder: Pushing Support - Builders are very useful at pushing with the Knights, and supporting the push with impenetrable structures, but they lack the offensive power to be useful in a fight.

Personally, I prefer Archer [As evidenced by my signature]. I enjoy trying to get a perfect shot and hitting anything which threatens my fellow Knights. Of course, because of how the Archer is built, we're kind of forced to camp in buildings, but I try to push forward if I can safely do so. I do wish that builders would make more arrow workshops though, they're not as dangerous to their own team and they help fellow Archers infinitely.

I also had a bit of a go at Knight the other day (Had ~2-3 KDR with it too, surprisingly) and while I do believe that the Knight is more fun and action-packed, it's a lot harder to monitor everything as a Knight, and you become REALLY dependant on your Builders. (Unless you're one of those super skilled Knights who uses the double-slash to jump 10 blocks, and can bombjump) As an Archer, I try to monitor how the fight is going and try to say what the team needs if the players speak English, but when you're a Knight.. you're too busy fighting.

blukey and cleggy like this.
  9. cleggy

cleggy Arsonist

-spectator-
    See everything, know everything, special chat colour, can't lose games. Perfect for the lazy.

10. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Knight mainly cause I like to rush and get lots of kills over at the front lines. Its also very easy yo use bombs I can knock down any structure with 3 bombs.

I like the two other classes to like archer that's how I got into Delta with and builder anyone can learn its one of the easiest classes, I use to enjoy I until I got bored of it then I moved over to knight.

11. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

not too mention spikes + drop makes enemies lose all their gold
    cant see anyones name, is not affiliated with any of the teams, cant win games

12. Archer all the way...just Cuz

13. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

Archer because they are easy to control and can climb trees and their own arrows.

14. cleggy

cleggy Arsonist

I see the glass is half-empty:(

*waits for thread to be locked by some merciless admin*
    //I will keep it open so long as it either a) stays on topic or b) continues to amuse me. Now get back to entertaining me, you peons!

15. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

Because he wants to know whether people like archer or knights more. Herp Derp :p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0stb5sgCk78

16. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

I play archer all the time and i still like knight just as much as archer. I guess it comes down to when you should use either of them. Knights are fun to use because you can hit more then one knight in a pile and kill two or three at a time. You can drop down on people and crush them. Archer is fun because i can hit someone from the other side of a tower. Also, i can reach out to destroy that annoying catapult. Having a good pack of either of them will be good. It's about finding the goods ones versus playing with the ones that don't push.

17. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

I agree.

18. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Builder

Arcite likes this.
  19. funnymonkey

funnymonkey Builder Stabber

:teabag:

I've got to say i love knight just as much as archer, same with i love archer just as much too. But for me i'll have to go for knight, as you can do much more than archer and you can kill in much more ways too. Most of the time knight is also more fun to play. Knights are more creative too.

:huh?:

20. I was asking him why doesn't he include builder along with his comparison. Herp derp ;)