1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Classic Update - Stability and Increased Modding

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yes yes we all want to see the scripting build out; However, this classic build is the culmination of another few weeks of fixes “when I get time”, working closely with SirSalami, Rayne, Downburst, Arcrave and Strathos. Be sure to chase them around if some variable wasn’t tested enough ;)

This build contains a list of all config variables, something a lot of you have been asking for for a while. It also contains quite a few new variables, including some variables specifically for roleplay/progression servers and one for the DK server (I’m sure you all can guess, if you’ve played it and thought “man I sure do wish those cheaters couldn’t crouch to dodge…”)
    • list_of_config_vars.txt added
    • fixed stomping being instakill sometimes
    • fixed screenshot alpha issues
    • some lighting issues fixed
    • fixed lose wood while mining gold
    • hopefully fixed permbans from console and added appended messages: \rcon \ban griefer -1 “NEVER COME BACK HERE AGAIN”
    • fixed able to teamkill by suiciding
    • Added knockback_scale to class config
    • Allowed banning specific classes at the tent (allowed_at_tent for each class config)
    • added knight_reset_timer_on_hit, for Raron who owes his eternal allegiance
    • Updated autobalance logic + fixed typo in balance_teams_on_nextmap
    • Added collide_when_crouching
    • Added stomp_strong_damage, stomp_weak_damage and stomp_vel
    • Added builder_hit_damage, knight_jab_damage, knight_slash_damage, map_indestructible and map_bedrock_indestructible
    • potential fix for wraiths from nowhere bug in ZF
    • fixed new_sacks_on_tent causing issues (removed it)
    Build number should be B590
    Enjoy
    Max/Geti

2. Hmmm...Awesome, I like it!

delankski likes this.
  3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Just fixed an abusable console command, it'll patch as soon as you restart you kag. Thanks to norill for alerting me.

4. Beepo

Beepo Asian Faggot Donator
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Yay! No more insta-killz! =D :thumbs_up:

Dirtman and delankski like this.
  5. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

What was the purpose on this one?If it was used for griefing,the person doing it would be instantly kicked.Besides,if it was removed as a potential griefing tool,same could be sad about builder destroying blocks...I dont get it.

It was so fun to bombsuicide and gib everyone happily hopping around captured flag when the game is over.I've never seen someone having issues with this.

Most importantly : If as an archer I kill a knight who lit a bomb among his comrades does still it blow up everyone nearby or bomb will still be harmless for his comrades?

6. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

I'll take that as a yes to add SirSalami, Rayne, Downburst, Arcrave, Strathos, and Geti to my permanent stalking list to help the "kag community." And I mean that in a way that isn't bitching to them for my own enjoyment. Only helping the "kag community.

I wouldn't call it cheating as much as "abusing the game and terrain to further oneself in a game."

DAMMIT! How else am I supposed to grief/be an asshole to players as an archer and blame it on lag now?!?!?!

This is a joke. If you can't/never/won't try to or will accept this as a joke. Please go eat a bag o' dicks.

GloriousToast, Rayne and Noburu like this.
  7. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Thanks Devs for the new variables and fixes :)

8. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Atlast no more MARIO'ing
    WE'RE NOT LIKE THIS CREATURE
    [​IMG]
    Thank you Geti :3

Beepo, ParaLogia and xChapx like this.
  9. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

how can I use the balance options and red_team_size_ratio variable to get a 10:1 blue:red game? I'm trying but I still can't get it to work :\

Nice to know that max_bombs has been finally fixes, however there's still a problem with it, as if you drop your bombs (e.g. 5) then you can only pick up 3 max, tent warmup and default bombs work though

Beepo likes this.
  10. Geti

Pushing a hotfix now, it should fix your issue with not picking up more bombs JacKD, as well as an issue with new_sacks_on_tent that Strathos picked up.
    1) Votekick can't be relied on for something as subtle as the arrow griefing. Its doubly harmful to your team as well because you lose 2 tickets.
    2) You've never seen someone get mad because a wild bammboo exploded himself and them because of lag?
    3) The bomb will be harmless.

Lets not turn this into another "bombs not exploding each other breaks the fundamental gameplay of kag", shall we?

Cheers for the support guys, hopefully nothing else in need of hotfixing cause I've really got to work on scripting..

11. Antman

Antman Base Burner

As hilarious as it was to make an opponent team kill his comrades (With his lit bomb), it really was a bullshit thing to happen, and I hated it when it got done to me and my teammates. Cheers for that :)

12. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I'm sad to see the stray bombs go, they were a great feature and one that could easily change the course of gameplay and change who ultimately comes out on top. Perhaps it could be added as a variable or something?

Anywho's, as said above, thanks for the hotfixes ^_^-b

Hella likes this.
  13. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Thanks for removing stomping autokilling. Annoying having archers jump on me and kill me instantly. No teamkilling by suicide is helpful. Annoying when knights to to teamkill a harmless builder. No stray bombs. :( I liked using them to bomb jump. :p
    </br>--- merged: Dec 7, 2012 8:12 AM ---</br>
    There is a problem with the new update. It seems that every time the match is over in RTDM some people seem to change teams automatically.? It needs to be fixed.

14. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

Seems more of a team scramble feature. And if it is. PLEASE KEEP IT IN. PLEASE

15. Geti

It was ultimately the product of a bug, it can be modded in in scripting for those that want it really badly ;) it'll take too long to make a var for it really because theres quite a few code points involved.

balance_teams_on_nextmap variable. Turn it off if you dont want it. We made the list of vars for a reason! Read it! :)

Just pushed another fix to hopefully fix crashing on busy servers, minor change. Thanks to Rayne for the catch.

16. Geti

Working on more hotfixes for bombs (not sure exactly why they broke, but they should be fixed) and the team balance thing not being sticky enough (-> people just swapping team back and ruining the whole point of the thing).

As a side effect, people swapped by an admin should not be able to swap back for team_swap_cooldown

17. kaizokuroof

Could the autoupdate also be broken? I'm having some troubles bringing my server up to date. I restarted it, it seemed to go through the regular update process, but still launches as version 580 and my sever cannot be found in the list of current server (with up to date client)

I've also tried re-downloading the tar file and also tried deleting version.txt ;______;

18. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

What the fuck am I meant to do without team killing. You have ruined the only fun I have in kag.

19. Geti

Update compiling now, fixes "cant pickup hearts to full if non-default hp" and the things above.

20. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Sounds nice, let's try it.