1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action! Unlimited

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Rayne, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

Rayne, I'm an admin but you forgot to add me to the roster :P

Boxpipe and Froghead48 like this.
  2. Sigrosa

Sigrosa Catapult Fodder

I'd appreciate it you unbanned me from your server. It's the only populated US server since I started playing the last few days. I haven't done anything wrong and the mod that banned me was honestly abusing his powers. He froze me once because a knight killed him and said I was standing still and "wouldn't help" when I was rebuilding a castle a few blocks away that was near collapse. He also froze me when I wouldn't follow him to the enemy base... with no wood.

The same mod was also randomly freezing people during combat on his own team... got me killed once. I understand a no tolerance to griefers policy but I wasn't griefing. There seems to be a 0 tolerance to mistakes and learning the game which is worse if you want people to continue to play. Give some warnings for minor issues at least.

I understand if you don't un-ban me as your rules state ban first. As the most active US server at least try to have SOME patience in teaching players to play instead of banning anyone who tries it. If you create a shitty community I guarantee the game will die as well.

Boxpipe and Froghead48 like this.
  3. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Do you remember the admin who banned you?

Boxpipe likes this.
  4. Hold up right there, Sigrosa. Whilst I agree with the majority of what you've said thus far and to be honest, I don't have much say in the matter; I'd just like to shed some light on the 'zero tolerance' issue.

I believe that most, if not all of the more experienced players of this game had a time where they'd happily tell someone what they're doing wrong (building-wise) in an attempt to help them. I'm not sure whether you'll be surprised by this but the vast majority of building feedback given in-game will warrant a reply resembling 'lol fuk u i bild wat i want' or, just be ignored completely. After a couple attempts at teaching people what they're doing wrong to better their own game, getting those smart-ass comments or none at all can be both frustrating and in the end, tedious. There's always the few trying to better their game by taking (or at least listening to) advice but man, they are few and far between.

The thing is, with this game one 'experimental' building from a new player could change the outcome of a match depending on how inefficient it is. Zero tolerance to all griefing stems from the fact that a lot of these 'experimental' buildings/collapses are premeditated and happen purely to annoy others. Some new players trying to have fun are bound to get caught in the mix but hey, that's what ban appeals are for and that's why you're here, right? :P

If only builder as a class wasn't so deceptively complicated...

thebonesauce, I3lue, Boxpipe and 5 others like this.
  5. Sigrosa

Sigrosa Catapult Fodder

No, sorry.

Well I can understand your frustration but the banning was much more spontaneous than someone making a crappy building.

Boxpipe likes this.
  6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I'll unban you only because 1)I banned you and 2)I agree there are no other good servers.

I banned you (temporarily), because you wasted time of several people not just yourself twice which almost led to our losing what was a free win both times, and both times causing us to lose a LOT of ground.

To clarify, the first time there were 2 knights in a pit that they could NOT get too far in, as a builder you wait for them to get bored and suicide and close it up at a later time, they couldn't do much, they were no problem, that was 2 distracted members on their team that were NOT at the front line, that is a GOOD thing for us.

however you turned this against us by stopping several people and !!!ing them and jumping like a madman, even after I told you to leave them and get to the front line as we were losing the tower, this combined waste of 5 members of our team to take care of 2 of theirs lost us half the map and it took is 10 minutes to get it back, then at the tunnel instead of simply letting them pass and getting in, as I told you to do twice, you decided to stop and attempt to stop them from getting to our base as many times as possible, I kicked you again. You wasted singlehandedly 2 golden oppurtunities that Arcrave (as builder) and all the nearby knights had made to win, our middle tower let us get directly on their base by slashjumping, we lost that because you distracted knights, the tunnel we had dug meticulously and got us to their flag twice (game ended in draw because the knight that grabbed the flag was retarded when we had 2 knights in there who wouldn't have lost it period, if there was a hotkey like F3 to kick on click I would have kicked him too).

The point is this, as a builder you should have some general knowledge of the game, and even if you don't, I would expect you to not waste the time of others, you may not have known this which is why I told it to you ingame before kickign you (when you wasted 2 knights initial time), but you wasted more people's time after, without helping fix the problem yourself in ANY way you just jumped up and down as a builder. This is being useless, I will almost always ban for something like this.

You'll be unbanned as soon as I log on for the first time today (3PM EST) or if somone else beats me to it sooner.

Oh and telling me that I can't tell you how to play is a bad idea, you see if your way of playing hurts the rest of the team, I'll cut you. This is football and while it would be lovely to have everyone make it to the finals and score those sweet ass rings or whatever, sometimes you gotta kick people who ain't up to snuff.

Domis, Boxpipe, PumpkingSlice and 3 others like this.
  7. Andr01d

Andr01d Haxor

Indeed, mods may seem abusive sometimes but they're just trying to improve their team. Ask yourself, in their shoes, would you do the same, try to use your abilities to improve your team, or just sit back and lose? This game can get pretty competitive, so take that into account.

Boxpipe and Beef like this.
  8. Sigrosa

Sigrosa Catapult Fodder

Still banned, nice epic you wrote also.

You're powergaming. Anyone would !!! a bunch of enemy players tunneling into your base in a new game. Also blaming a loss or even 10 minutes of gameplay on one person's mistake is completely exaggerated unless it was some form of collapse which DIDN'T happen. Also I've seen some knights pull some totally ninja flag caps by bomb jumping over bases or getting into the back. Honestly you're a total asshat how are you a moderator? OH you probably helped pay for the server, well fair is fair then. All I was doing is playing the game day #1 and you need to fuck off new players.

Boxpipe likes this.
  9. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Welp, congrats on ruining your one shot at being unbanned. You're a credit to the force!

Boxpipe likes this.
  10. BlueLuigi

No, I need to get new players to fuck off, because you see how that's the one playable server or at least people keep telling me when I ban them and they come here? That's because we ban idiots who do idiot things, and not ONLY griefers/hackers.

Yup.

I actually stopped playing KAG and uninstalled it, so yeah.

Domis and Boxpipe like this.
  11. Sigrosa

Sigrosa Catapult Fodder

That was the point.

I wouldn't want to play on that server after such an unfortunate person happened to run it. People like BlueLuigi plague gaming communities. Enjoy your wankfest because a fringe game like King Arthur's Gold is SO competitive you have to ban players to win games. Last game I played? I carried as a builder, tall castle epic catapult kills. Don't need your crappy atmosphere I'll take 30 less ping anyday.

I'm glad he's stuck in this dark corner of the internet and not more popular games... powergaming from the dark reaches of King Arthur's Gold LOL

PEACE

Boxpipe likes this.
  12. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Been playing the Action server for a long time.

Luigi is hella gay bro, can't even jab.

Boxpipe likes this.
  13. BlueLuigi

I actually play hella popular games, but I use different names so you wouldn't recognize me :3

Stay mad broski.

14. neil_v

neil_v Shark Slayer

Regarding the last few posts:
    [​IMG]

......Thanks for hosting the action unlimited server, and for putting up with the kind of crap you all have to put up with... I will be sad when it goes as the gold servers are empty and most people want a free ride, obviously.

People, try and remember that it is REALLY difficult to tell your mistakes from the antics griefers and twats. Please try being polite and patient, and accept that you might have made a mistake on a bad day. In a few hours tempers will cool, and no one will care about, or remember what you did. I wish people wouldn't come to the forums and flop their giant dicks all over the floor, and then complain when they get stepped on.
    Yes... I wasted my time typing this, but I want to give my support to the admins and such. They mostly get shit rubbed in their faces, and I don't see many pats on the back. If you disagree, you are living in fantasy land, and I would like you to link me to your fantasy land forum please so I don't have to be sad when I come here.

Boxpipe, BeasterDenBeast and Andr01d like this.
  15. Sigrosa

Sigrosa Catapult Fodder

so brave, not even mad

neil_v the servers are empty b/c new players get banned. Use logic please! I called him out because he's being a power gaming dick and they're somewhat rare these days. It's funny that he runs the server and also says he uninstalled the game. This guy says one thing and does another. Keep thinking he's the good guy. Oh and the game NEEDS to be free because it's the best business model for them. Unfortunately bad communities kill games and if powergamers are running the servers then you might want to get your time in on this one soon. I expect it'll be dead in a month or two.

Boxpipe likes this.
  16. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Sig, If you don't wanna play on the server, stop spamming this thread, if you do, write that three paragraph essay or whatever.

I3lue and Boxpipe like this.
  17. BlueLuigi

The servers are empty right now because the server isn't up, because it keeps crashing. :p

This game will probably die soon, but it's not because of people like me, it's because of assholes like you who do something bad, complain when someone politely tells them not to, continues to do it, and gets beyond upset when he's banned, yet I still gave you a chance because you're a newb to unban you, and instead you call me a 'power gaming asshole'.

But that's fine, this is just one more fine example for me to show to all the faggots who say "Be nice to newbies" when most of them are just like you, dumbass 12 year olds.

18. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

hey be nice to nebies bluigi

19. BlueLuigi

no jst no mi pens get herd wen i c dem it so herd, sum1 gun mk me hpppy or i ben dem

Piano, Domis, Boxpipe and 2 others like this.
  20. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

lmao ur madder hav a dik

Boxpipe, GloriousToast and Radpipe like this.
Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.