1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

HAMMER - Map-Making Contest, Prizes!

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Bioautomaton, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bioautomaton

Bioautomaton Mysterious Man/Machine Donator

I think I'll make two new threads to make it easier for discussion. Thanks for the clarification :)

2. PhirePuncher

PhirePuncher Shipwright

I am so excited for this!
    We had so many good map entries, I just hope they all get used after the polling. :D

3. Hey, hey.
    I still have 20 hours to entry my map, right?

4. Ulthuanelf

Ulthuanelf Shark Slayer

My parents want to head outside -which means they probably won't let me use the pc anymore today- so I most likely won't be able to finish my map in time. I'm an idiot for postponing everything for so long. :(
    Oh well, I didn't really expect to win anymore with all these epic maps you guys made. Good luck to y'all! :thumbs_up:
    (I'll still upload my map later.)

5. Here it is, I know that it stands no chance against all those maps that look pretty as PNGs but oh well:
    GENERAL:
    countrary.png
    Kinda rushed this one to have it done for the competion but the message is there:
    I luv u Countrary.
    The map itself is a part of bigger project I want to engage more people into, that's why it kinda looks weird.

Contrary, feet, Beepo and 4 others like this.
  6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait.... Imma almost done with my submission! Just keep having to stop to fix things for other people. :QQ:

I'm almost done; just need to put in the mossy stones, because everyone needs mossy stones!

{edit}
    It's all being borked when I try to save the file. Working with Kouji to fix it now. :3

feet and Beepo like this.
  7. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Same, exept Ive given up on mossy stones. Cant do it via paint.net, generators are too complex and Im too lazy to put them mannualy over the editor <.<.

8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Well, time's up and neither of us has managed to get our 98% complete maps in. I guess we'll just have to be big people and submit them without prizes as an incentive. :oops:

FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY I SAY!!!! :r_flex::QQ: :bird:

Beepo likes this.
  9. Nooblett

Nooblett Catapult Fodder

Im not sure but i think steam is having some discounts on games.
    So i suggest you guys hurry up the voting system to benefit the winners.

Beepo likes this.
  10. Bioautomaton

Awww. Sorry to hear that guys :(

Welp, I'd love to, but I don't really want to rush the voting and evaluation process. The last day of the Steam sale is unfortunately... the 5th. One day before the end of voting :QQ: I may talk to the participants to see if people want to push it forward to midday on the 5th or end of the 4th. It still requires getting in touch with winners and purchasing rapidly, but it would at least allow a window.

If I do this again next year I'll be shifting the dates forward a week across the board, I think. I forgot about the timing of the Winter Steam Sale when setting this up.

So, I'll be doing requisite updates here shortly to the main post (after I finish waking up - yes I know what time it is), setting up polls, etc, but aside from voting I wanted to address one other thing - the Gold keys. Unless I missed someone, Feet is the only person who isn't already Gold that submitted a map and automatically will be getting a Gold key via "raffle". :huh?: Any keys I have left over are going to be raffled to voters who are non-premium, somehow. Did I miss anyone?

FuzzyBlueBaron and Beepo like this.
  11. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

I dont c alot of ppl talking about this contest. So i suppose not alot will vote. hence the voting pole would end fairly quick.
    Only bad thing about pushing forward voting is less time actually playing on the maps.

12. Classic

Classic Bison Rider

I can post my map? :(

13. Bioautomaton

I figured I'd see if we could get an announcement or something so people would know it's happening.

Sorry Classic, I would love to accept your submission but it wouldn't be fair to the people who made sure they got things done in time. The end date was pretty clear in the main post. Please do submit it to the maps section, though!

14. Classic

Classic Bison Rider

I have not had time to post my map here because of the end of year party. :QQ:
    Anyway..

15. Bioautomaton

Okay, finished downloading all the maps as they were posted here, posting them to the server and updating the map rotation shortly. Then I'll cycle through them quickly to make sure they're all functional, create poll posts and contact anyone who needs to fix something and everyone who's submitted regarding end dates.

Whew. :noburu:

16. feet

feet Bison Rider

I've already won a key from Guro's competition, he's just having problems with Paypal.

17. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

There are a few people I know who I'd like to give a premium key to, perhaps we could still distribute the keys as previously mentioned, not counting who has premium and who doesn't?

18. dandyking7179

dandyking7179 Bison Rider

Yey! You're premium feet!

Bioautomaton, can we still win the premium codes and give them away, or save them to make a contest for them, even if we are already premium?

arcanecat likes this.
  19. Bioautomaton

The main prizes still come with a key, you can do with them as you choose. Now I.. um.. hm. I guess I'll use the remainder as voting incentives, since feet is premium as well.

20. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

so are we aiming to finish the voting before the 5th (2 days) or on it. (3 days)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.