1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dev Peek: Boat and Room Art and Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweet boats, i'm peeing my pants just sitting here-lihhaLhgbfa;hbgf;AHBhfaRwfh; sorry just cleaning up this nasty jizz that seems to have appeared from nowhere seeing how freaking AWESOME this update is! :p:p:p:D25252525

2. Leoprime

Leoprime Shopkeep Stealer

After watching it multiple times :D I noticed at 1:02 that placing a block on grass doesn't remove it completely.

3. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Yeah there's alot of nice tweaks to the graphics generally, only little subtle things but makes everything look really polished.

I would have thought'd you have a pretty good idea whether the saw gibs with your test version, or you still spending all your time on it running into walls to break the game? :P

Pretty optimistic for teamwork being focal point, you can kinda get by as an individual currently, but with any luck that won't be the case anymore. Problem with games with high teamwork requirements is people can sometimes just play for the cool shit if there's enough of it, and don't really care about getting pasted, so we will probably get a fair few retards just building boats and sailing. Hopefully, that kinda gayness will get boring for people like that quickly, and with building been a massive ballache then we can hope that building faggy little castles behind your base and shit like that will phase out too.

4. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I'm really just trying to remain ambiguous, I want people to be able to experience stuff for themselves. :)

I can already see that buys boats and such gets boring quick, the combat is gonna be an unbelievably fun layer to this new style of WAR. Minecrafters will finally have a use in-game, they can grow stuff on a farm to "feed" the team (allows more spawns), plant trees for more wood, etc. Offensive/aggressive players will love it because there's a TON more stuff to use now in terms of siege weaponry, a lot more options in terms of bringing down castles. It's going to be tons of fun!

I3lue, Kalikst and Nefrylion like this.
  5. Not sure if it's right place to ask but anyway. The game system requierments for the new KAG have been raised or they are just same as for the classic KAG?

I3lue likes this.
  6. thebonesauce

I'm unsure of system requirements, but I'll say this. I'm playing on a shitty laptop, and the current KAG plays like a dream. Likewise, I have no issues with pKAG (scripting build). I don't think there's a whole lot of differences between the builds in a system requirements standpoint.

I3lue likes this.
  7. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I thought what it added in complexity it's gonna make up form in terms of effcient coding what with the old game been a mess in that respect. Obviously that's a bit of simple way of putting it...

I3lue likes this.
  8. thebonesauce

Well the code has been completely redone, and a lot of old legacy bugs are no more. There are some graphical enhancements, but not enough that it should bog down your system if you can run KAG efficiently now.

I3lue likes this.
  9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Slightly raised. Will still run on a netbook or a 6 year old desktop.

GloriousToast and I3lue like this.
  10. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Question. Is one reason for this massive scripting update, is so that you all can work on other stuff more often, and not have to constantly worry about bugs because some people can mod it away?

11. thebonesauce

I think (if I remember correctly) it's because classic KAG was built off a rather buggy and unstable engine. The new scripting build is built almost from the ground up, so they were able to make the engine work the way they wanted, and using AngelScript it's a lot easier to mod things/debug/etc.

12. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Still, it probably has a small reason to do with the fact that they can focus on more things when and if they have to.

13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Sort of. It's just a means to completing the game and helping it survive as long as possible, as well as gaining experience with building an engine with hotplugged assets mixed with multiplayer. Getting rid of all of the legacy code lets us move forward without constantly tripping over hidden "gotcha"s in code we haven't touched for ages, and means that all of the game code is visible for the modding community to work with.

14. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Also does this, once it's released, mean the end of updates, and in with the "User Created" functions? That, or do you all plan on still adding in stuff way after this has been released? IE - Days, weeks, months, years after the release, when the urge and inspiration/ideas strike?

15. Geti

Not sure if it'll be years after the release as we do want to work on other games, but we'll be doing maintenance and likely content updates from time to time after the initial beta release

Razi and Lord_bugg like this.
  16. thebonesauce

That's the beauty of the scripting engine though... We, as players, will be able to come up with our own ideas and our own content for as long as we keep the game alive.

My first priority (aside from trying to get my singleplayer/multiplayer adventure game mode off the ground), KAG AIR WAR. During the testing phases, we've been able to script FLYIN' MACHINES.

17. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

You say you do want to work on other games, you mean you and MM together?

18. Geti

Yes, that's the plan.

Also, what thebonesauce says is correct - the community will be able to continue to build on the game even if we need to take time away from it. The flying machine mod was also pretty cool to see, I might post it on the devlog at some point soon.

thebonesauce likes this.
  19. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Sweeeet, can't wait already.

Thanks, I'm getting hungry again

20. thebonesauce

DO IT. Project Airscrew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.