1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Games with many vs few players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nebuchadnezzar, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Shopkeep Stealer

I find that the best games usually have 5-10 players on each team. And once it passes 20 per team it becomes too clusterfucky for me.

Anyways, what do you guys think is the ideal amount of players in a match? I usually try to go to the least populated servers and switch around profusely until I find a game I want to be part of.

2. Hadell

Hadell Shipwright

I like having at least 14 to 15 other people on my team. Mostly because I do well with archer when there are a lot of people on the field distracting the enemy team's knights from holding up their shields or coming at me. Having a fellow knight close-by makes it easier for me to get in a few shots at the enemy knight to help weaken the enemy and capture that flag!

3. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

This can be called "Target shooting" as it actually is something like this.You shoot from big distance and kill people whitout being in danger.
    I like to attack knights whit archer face to face.XD
    For me,ideal number of players on server is about 14-20 players.Terrain don`t get raped too much.There is no 15 camping archers and mostly you have 1v1 or 1v2 knight fights.

4. Hadell

Hadell Shipwright

"Target Shooting" would work but I also like to be close by the blood soaked knights. Also, I'm not that accurate at long ranges. it often takes me 4 to 5 shots to get a shot that hits my target (but then they start to move >.<). So I just stay in close by the action.

5. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

64 players at the same time can be fun if people build well (like, if they don't build huge towers without any way to climb them, or 1-block-thick walls...) AND play with knight/archers like noobs. This way you're not annoyed by noobs on your team, and can have 10-kill-streaks.

But most of the time I prefer 32-players servers because there are less ugly-buildings and shitty traps everywhere :D

6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

There is already a thread for this. Anyway, around 20 players is the best for me.

7. who

who Shopkeep Stealer

I prefer the most players possible, just seeing lots of people dying makes it more fun for me.

8. elephanthunter

elephanthunter Shipwright

10-20 players in total seems sensible for me. Everybody has more control over the outcome of the match, and there is a greater opportunity to communicate with your team.

Any more than that, and the game gets a lot less personal. Some people definitely like it that way. I guess I like to get to know the people I'm playing with. It's fun to work out a strategy and follow it through.

9. Mornaval

Mornaval Shopkeep Stealer

I'm fond of more small-scale tactics for meaningful fights. That's how I get my jollies.

10. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

if i want to kill people its the basic 32(max)
    if i want to build something first 10V10.
    why 10v10 at building= Random builders put your base in the WEIRDEST form ever,believe me.
    if you start building first and the other builders get the idea of your plan,they start contributing and upgrading.
    at 32 servers its hard to start first because people fly off and build weird and unnecessary stuff before you even know it.

HA1TER said:
    This can be called "Target shooting" as it actually is something like this.You shoot from big distance and kill people whitout being in danger.
    I like to attack knights whit archer face to face.XD
    For me,ideal number of players on server is about 14-20 players.Terrain don`t get raped too much.There is no 15 camping archers and mostly you have 1v1 or 1v2 knight fights.​
    ranging them from a distance is easier as builders/knights already distract them :3

11. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Please don't double post goodyman8, it's in the forum rules.

12. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

my mistake.