1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wiki Wiki Contributors needed!

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Wyeth, Nov 15, 2011.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Great thanks

Can you please add very obvious notes to all of those pages explaining that the files should all be copied and then edited? Because if they edit anything in Rules in place, it will get overwritten by autoupdate.

Whenever someone wants to modify something in Rules/, they must copy it to a file with a new name and edit that copy (then edit references to the file to ensure the modified rule set is loaded).

I think there's a wiki page explaining this already, so it's a matter of finding that page and linking to it from the intro to some of those pages you mention above

2. FliesLikeABrick: Done. Good call. Also, are there any other config commands that can be run other that what we've listed here? https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Config_Commands

Would be useful for modders if there were a more exhaustive list, or way to get such commands. That said, I know they're internal to the game mostly, and with the next update looming, a lot of this might get deprecated. Just a thought though.

3. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I'm sure there are, but I don't know them :)

4. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hey guys.

Does anyone still contribute to the Wiki?

PUNK123 likes this.
  5. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I've mainly been editing the Gameplay page with the new games modes and such.

6. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

The Current Events page is wayyy out of date, just putting that out there.

I used to handle it but I haven't been around ...

7. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

Recently I've been upgrading minor infos and images (like in classes) to Beta, I think that's what we should focus on.

PUNK123 likes this.
  8. Furai

Thanks for that. Server page needs to be worked on. It is kind of outdated.

9. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

Props to ‎Kazaco97 for upgrading all workshops to Beta, I meant to do that.

Kazaco97 likes this.
  10. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Furai, would you prefer I make new shop pages or convert?

As of right now, I've just been converting the alpha workshops into beta under the assumption I could have an admin change the page/template name. If not, it wouldn't be a problem for me to just make a new page.

(I can take a look at the server page if it involves Windows or fixing the cfg files.)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Alpha pages are located doc.kag2d.com so I'm pretty sure it's fine to convert the alpha pages to beta.

12. Furai

It is fine. Convert them. We'll worry with changing names later.

13. Furai

I'm now editing wiki. If you want me to do something (like page name change) please let me know. Compile list of pages that names have to be changed (with links). Include as well new desired name.

AcidSeth likes this.
  14. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  15. Furai

Done. I didn't leave redirects. But this is easily fixable with broken redirects special pages.

Kazaco97 likes this.
  16. Furai

It's again me - if you want to do any tutorial for our game (or you have already done one) I highly encourage you to make it on wiki. Our wiki should be our knowledgebase.

17. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

So what i'm noticing is that Classic and Beta information has been kind of mixed together. Do you guys plan on separating it out? I've been looking to help out the Kag community in some way maybe I could help that way? I only know basic wiki tools so I would need some training first.

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  18. Furai

It didn't get mixed up. New wiki was just an exact copy of the old one which you can find now here: https://doc.kag2d.com/wiki/Main_Page
    That doc wiki is meant for the old classic version. The new wiki should be altered to fit the new Beta version. It was done like that to have the base to start off.
    Every helping hand is welcome. (:

PUNK123 likes this.
  19. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Oh wow. Then there is a lot of things to be done. Like, https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Objects still has the outpost from alpha on it still lol.

Im typically in school most of the day, but like today, 3/4ths of the day is spent on a computer doing nothing but playing games. Also, I have already applied to Penn. State for early admission with .8 over their avg. gpa and 500 points higher than their avg SAT score, so I'm really going to be slaking off a lot more as soon as I am accepted.

I'll take some time today to learn the wiki language and hopefully I can put a dent into the large amount of things that needs to be updated.

Any small chance there is a place where I can find all the sprites for the game and an updated list of every single object in-game? It is really going to be a pain trying to find everything.

Edit: My god. Looking through the pages, the entire wiki needs a huge overhaul. This is insane! My OCD is kicking in. Must. Fix. EVERYTHING! Give me 2 weeks after learning the language and it will be all done.

Any chance you could create a thread on the forums so that I can start compiling images, prices, etc?

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97