1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Map Editor Developement

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Verrazano, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhirePuncher

PhirePuncher Shipwright

So I just got done making a map. Couldn't save it for some reason. So I came to look on here to see if I did something wrong. I hit the New map.... not... edit... map............................ Well. Back to the drawing board.

2. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

that's really unfortunate, if it doesn't save perhaps try doing a saveas. also check your version, maybe you have one of the broken versions that doesn't save properly.

3. PhirePuncher

PhirePuncher Shipwright

It really did suck... But I just went ahead and re made the maps. This time I used Edit Map ;)
    Thanks for making such an amazing editor! It works really well and I hope to see this editor go far! I've already made 2 maps and I got a 3rd one in progress.

4. joshuared

joshuared Drill Rusher

Do u need C++ for this to work?

5. AdrianC

AdrianC Haxor Tester

No.

6. renzo328

renzo328 Catapult Fodder

When I Tried To Open The Laucher...it did NOT WORK :(_:(...Help Me!!!!
    and im only 10years old i played KAG because IM SOOOOOOOOOOOO Very Bored!!!
    please Help ME!!!
    :castle_wall: :castle_wall:
    :castle_wall: :castle_wall: :castle_wall:

7. PhirePuncher

PhirePuncher Shipwright

Could you explain in more detail? What do you mean by "it did not work" ?

8. dandyking7179

dandyking7179 Bison Rider

Well for me it doesn't work either. I install it, and get to the Force Update part and then it freezes and nothing else happens :(

9. PhirePuncher

PhirePuncher Shipwright

If you guys are talking about the freezes thats normal.
    The freezes mean its updating so all you have to do is wait a couple of minutes and it should be ready.

10. dandyking7179

Well, the icon goes like this: Untitled.png
    And then it's impossible to open the window. I waited the couple of minutes and my internet is at max. I changed the settings.txt to my screen resolution and it still won't work. Maybe I did something wrong even if I followed by the book. Please help, and I hope I'm not the only one with this problem or I would feel like an idiot :p

11. PhirePuncher

PhirePuncher Shipwright

Well as long as you launched it from the launcher and you wait it will EVENTUALLY work.
    I just went and did stuff til it worked. It SHOULD work as long as you wait.

12. dandyking7179

Okay! After all, patience is a virtue!

13. PhirePuncher

PhirePuncher Shipwright

:p

14. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

yearg I really regret not making a downloading bar/progress meter for the updater, but yea if you stop the launch mid way the .exe wont properly download then when you try to launch it directly without the updater it will give you an error like "not an actual x64 or x86 application" you get this error because the file is corrupted because you may have stopped the updater mid way through. If your still having issues either do a force update or delete version.txt

dandyking7179 likes this.
  15. Knolls

Knolls Bison Rider

Idk where to download! :eek:

16. dandyking7179

Go to the first page of this thread and read the first post. You can't miss it ;)

17. Verrazano

Just a follow up did you guys get the updater/launcher to work. If not I might as well just make a new launcher, that gives you a progress update bar. (the bar wouldn't be that great, it would be based on file count not bytes downloaded) but better than nothing. The launcher will still go inactive but it would still show progress. as long as you didn't bother it. the main problem would be redistribution.
    --
    My solution from doing it from the current launcher would be to download it as a seperate .exe and also a new .exe for the actual editor that would delete the old one. I would also bundle the new launcher in the base download/make it available by it's self.

18. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Hi Verra, I'm not sure if you want suggestions but I'll go ahead and throw in my 2 cents :) I've found, creating maps from a new map to be extremely tedious, filling in the ground, or creating caves, perhaps you could add in different brush, that place multiple blocks at one time?

A grid would also be handy, for counting width and height, that sort of thing. Currently, I have a few maps I've made where I have counted out every 10 tiles, for measurement and I open that when making maps, using it as my base. It works fine and your tool is fantastic, but it would be MUCH nicer if I didn't have to do that :P

Anyways, thanks so much ^+^

19. 00crossfire

00crossfire Shopkeep Stealer

weres download i would love this!!!

20. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.