1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ZOMBIE: Zombie Online Massacre & Incinerating Elite Contest

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by dandyking7179, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dandyking7179

dandyking7179 Bison Rider

This contest is a solo contest for premium players only. Now, I say it now so it's clear: the prize isn't anything big: it’s a premium key (thank you Ne3zy) you can give to a friend so they can play Zombie mode with you. The other participants will also get small awards don’t worry. Do this contest for the fun, not the prize :p

So as I said, this is a solo contest in which the objective is to survive in solo for as long as you can. To have a better score, you will have a choice of 10 challenges from which you will pick 2 challenges that you will try to achieve during the game. These challenges will allow you to get extra days in the final day count, so choose them wisely.
    Tell me in this thread is you will be participating in the contest and which challenges you will be trying to do so I don't have to run around always asking what you are doing. I don't want you to question the challenges given, I went over them until they all sounded nice.
    The game will happen in:
    Server's Name : Dedicated KAG Server (Non passworded)
    Gamemode : Zombie Fortess
    Playerlimits : 8
    and you will be alone on the field. Other people will be able to spectate but they won't be able to help you for I'll be admin in the server.
    1-No griefing or hacking of course. Camping also gives disqualification.

2-Migrants must be collected unless they are doomed. You also can't shoot them or you lose 0.5 days per migrant you shot.

3-No massive pit digging. It ruins the game.

4-No camping underground or in the sky (yes is it possible): you can live underground but if you do so, you must kill every zombie before the next night begins. If you don't succeed you will lose 0.1 days/Zombie left standing until next dusk (sunset).

5-You can't block the zombies from reaching your base: the punishment for this is -0.5 days per day the 'blocking blocks' are still there.

6-If ever the zombies stop spawning I'm afraid you'll have to restart (if you do your challenges and extra days of the game are removed) , or if you prefer, the game for you stops and you keep your current challenges and extra days.

7-Don't abuse glitches.

8-If you don't show up on the time I told you to you are disqualified. You have a 5 minute tolerance. I advise you to show up early. :skull:

9-Train before hand.

10-Know the rules while you are playing.

11-If you die on the first night :eek: you are allowed to have a second chance. :D

12-Post your challenges and join the contest until 31/01/2013.
    Now I repeat, you can choose 2 of the list below; 1 from the Soft Challenges, and 1 from the Hard Challenges. Bonus challenges are free.

SOFT CHALLENGES:

1-The wood chopper:
    Only build with wood. 1 bombshop can be built on the first day, and only one. Every 10 days you can upgrade your base with stone and stone-needing shops. +1 day per 10 days you survive as a Wood chopper, +2 if you survive 20 days etc... In total, if you survive 32 days, you get 1+1+2+3=+7 days.

2-The kidnapper:
    Capture a ZK in a golden cage. +0.5 days per extra ZK captured.

3-Heavy artillery:
    Only kill zombies with kegs and boulders. Falling on the zombies doesn't break the challenge, but using swords and arrows do. Migrant attacks also don't break the challenge, but if you must always use kags and boulders. +1 day per 10 days you survive in Heavy artillery, +1 if you survive 20 days etc... In total, if you survive 32 days, you get 1+1+1+1=+4 days.

4-Medic:
    Keep 20 migrants/bots alive for 20 days (+1,5 days if you do) or 10 migrants for 10 days (you get e 1 day award only).

5-Good old farmer:
    Only build walls under 5 tiles high. Same extra day system as Heavy artillery.

HARD CHALLENGES:

1-Lord of the Shadows:
    Build an altar such as in this video. You are given 2 days +0.1 day per migrant sacrifice in the pit. Capturing the ZK is mandatory for the altar. If you choose this challenge, and not The kidnapper (#2 of 1 day reward) you won’t get the days for The kidnapper.

2-Pacifist-Z:
    Kill no zombies until whenever. +0.25 days per night you don’t kill any. If you kill a zombie the challenge stop immediately and can’t be restarted.

3-Naitouoka:
    You can only build at night, except on day 1. You also have to remain under a roof during the day for you burn at sunlight. +1,5 days per 5 days you keep this challenge going.

4-Greg Snatcha:
    Capture gregs in cages. +3 days per greg captured. (It’s possible(tested)but very hard. You have to change character with R while you are riding one and build around the person who is caught by the greg. That’s why the reward is so big.)

5-Strike!
    Only building stuff on days 1, 11, 21 etc… +1,5 days per 10 days you don’t build anything. At day 11 you get +1 day, day 21 +2,5 days etc… If you are desperate and have a falling base at let’s say, days 15, you get 1 extra day but the count restarts.

BONUS CHALLENGES:

1- ZKISS:
    Ne3zy’s idea: approach a ZK, jump on him and type in *KISS* or *kiss*. You can’t pre-write it. +1 day.

2- Architect!
    Build a fancy and perfect base. You’ll get a certain number of days according on how it looks. (Make it look like a monument of some sort). Goes up to +5 days but it has to be really incridble to get the +5 day reward prize.

3- The Adventurer:
    Survive outside your base for X days. +0.25 days per night you stay outside, without healing. You can pass through your base but can’t change class or pass through the quarters or the count breaks. You still get the +0.25X days you spent outside, but you can’t continue the challenge.

4- The monster:
    +1 day per portal destroyed. Rule 4 still applies!

5- Secret!
    It’s a secret challenge. +3 days if you succeed.
    I repeat: questions about challenges are in this thread and to sign up for the contest just post it on this thread as well, while noting which soft and hard challenge you will be taking. I will give more information about the server and when each participant will be playing.
    In the meanwhile, train! :B):

I would also like to thank: Ne3zy for helping me out with the challenges, Zuke for lending me his server, and FuzzyBlueBaron for posting this in the contest thread.

dandyking7179

LucasTT, I3lue, bunnie and 8 others like this.
  2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

You need to survive?

Collecting migrant must? wtf?

Maybe I want to trap zombies?

I want to survive?

I still want to survive?
    But they are stupid ;~;

Also I'd like to join the contest
    Challenges:

3. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

if you don't wanna save miggers just dont build extra quarters :huh?:

oh ya, I wanted to say this:
    pretty smart to choose both pacifist and heavy artillery, but wouldn't it then be a better idea to choose for the artists challenge?
    if you aren't gonna kill them, you should have enough time for building :p =P

4. miniu

miniu Haxor

When this will be ?
    I want to join chalanges :
    1-The wood chopper:
    Only build with wood. 1 bombshop can be built on the first day, and only one. Every 10 days you can upgrade your base with stone and stone-needing shops. +1 day per 10 days you survive as a Wood chopper, +2 if you survive 20 days etc... In total, if you survive 32 days, you get 1+1+2+3=+7 days.
    3-Heavy artillery:
    [S greg snatcha

5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

You need to choose 2

6. miniu

miniu Haxor

Edited. Heavi arytlery - i can kill zombies by collapse ?

7. Mazey

Killing zombies = killing zombies

8. dandyking7179

You can do the bonus challenges AND choose 1 Soft and 1 Hard Challenge. That is why they are called bonus :D.

So, to make this clear:
    When I say 'camping' I mean camping underground and just building a base wuth shops that you will never use because you don't attack the zombies. For me camping if the act of not attacking the zombies (which if you take Pacifist-Z is allowed unless you are really desperate)

I don't understand what isn't clear with the migrant thingie. You capture them while you can and don't just leave them walking around. The game has to move on.

You can trap the zombies in a pit, but no deeper than 5 blocks. Anymore blocks deeper they get really trapped and may never reach your base.

''You can't block the zombies from reaching your base: the punishment for this is -0.5 days per day the 'blocking blocks' are still there.''
    This way for me is like a small example of camping. You're just stopping the zombies from reaching your base while you make it better. As a fact, I know it's effective, but by stopping the zombies from getting to your doors and such, you are making it too easy. The whole point of this contest is to survive with restrictions that most people use online. Do you get my point?
    </br>--- merged: Jan 13, 2013 2:11 PM ---</br>
    Yes you can of course.

I also edited the rule section: post your final challenges (or edit them) until 31/01/2013

bunnie likes this.
  9. Mazey

You say +1 point each 10 days, with this rules max 6 days

dandyking7179 likes this.
  10. dandyking7179

Which challenge are you talking about? If it's Pacifist-Z you can decide to go beyond 7 days on white flag. You never know what might happen.

11. Mazey

Just making clear rules are bad, just do no hack/glitch.

12. dandyking7179

Yes but I have to make these rules or else people will be tempted to camp underground, build stuff to stop zombies completely etc... The objective of zombie fortress is to 'kill' the zombies, not to make a pretty base (well, maybe a bit seeing as there is the Bonus challenge The Architect). Plus, you can just survive alone for years if you camp. I'm just adding a little spice and restriction to the game like I said before.

bunnie likes this.
  13. Mazey

Baseline = 20

14. dandyking7179

What?

bunnie likes this.
  15. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Nice event! I may as well register.

I will do:

5-Good old farmer:
    Only build walls under 5 tiles high. Same extra day system as Heavy artillery.

5- Secret!
    It’s a secret challenge. +3 days if you succeed.

1- ZKISS:
    Ne3zy’s idea: approach a ZK, jump on him and type in *KISS* or *kiss*. You can’t pre-write it. +1 day.

16. dandyking7179

I repeat, you can do all 5 Bonus Challenges, you don't have to choose one. You also have to choose a Hard Challenge rocker ;)

17. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

2-Pacifist-Z:
    Kill no zombies until whenever. +0.25 days per night you don’t kill any. If you kill a zombie the challenge stop immediately and can’t be restarted.

18. Mazey

That chooses how high the ground is, 20 = 20 tiles high
    Now you can almost not camp underground

19. dandyking7179

Well I suck at modding or whatever take care of that :D so I guess it'll just be up to the contestants to not go underground, or at least live there (of course you can go if it's for gold and stone).
    By the way, I gave one clue on what that Secret Challenge was, and only one will be given.
    For now, we have 3 contestants:

BlauweSmurf: Pacifist-Z, Heavy Artillery
    Miniu: The wood chopper, Heavy Artillery
    rocker2: Pacifist-Z, Good old farmer

This is going to be interesting :p

bunnie likes this.
  20. Mazey

I don't see a clue about sekrit challenge

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.