1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Cube World

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Fate, Jan 14, 2013.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

I have not seen this game have a separate topic for it on this forum, but I think it deserves some attention.

It is yet another voxel-based adventure game. But it shows a lot of promise and interesting ideas added to it. It has been in development since June 2011 by a person whose internet alias is wollay.

The website

The website also serves as a Devlog for the game. No release date has been given and preorders are not possible as of now.
    What it does have is a lot of screenshots.

Ockpii has also made analytical videos about the game (If you don't know, Ockpii is the person also behind the "Discussing King Arthur's Gold" and "Discussing Starbound" series, he also created two videos featuring our very own Wandermark

What I so far like about this game most, is the crisp and cutesy graphic style, as well as the exploration aspect of the whole game (which the developer claims to be the core of the game). Customizing weapons directly by building them adds a different dimension to the whole feature as well.
    Not to mention the voxel-based randomised landscape looks gorgeous.

Edit: A few screenshots for the lazy ones not willing to click the other links :p
    (Not putting them in img tags for the ones with bandwidth issues)
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-guyg6QHDbMU/UJZ6fxrYnTI/AAAAAAAABIs/yXo7nlyao8c/s1600/01.jpg
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--g22URzlI9w/UJZ6kt_dmfI/AAAAAAAABI8/7WXXTjHqBFU/s1600/03.jpg
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WWN1V07w3LA/UJZ7LwOy-oI/AAAAAAAABKs/sM5UVgG8SVY/s1600/17.jpg
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-K83YASu9tCo/UIs8pt9-mfI/AAAAAAAABHo/4Tgq333oCgw/s1600/07.jpg
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RUyEo7ZU4f8/UHiCLJPPyKI/AAAAAAAABEU/7Xnps7wVVX0/s1600/01.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Wbf80ux6gcg/UHiCfVXMJfI/AAAAAAAABFU/0ZsYC3Szfpc/s1600/09.jpg

2. i would try it but i have a crap computer, looks fun though

3. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

gross understatement

You can't try it now. It's still indev.

4. really i found a mini demo on a raw source link, looked nothing like it did on the screenshot so i guess ur right.
    cant wait for it to come out though :D

5. Pecola1033

Pecola1033 Drill Rusher
    1. Delta Force - Delta

//Edit by FBB: Threads merged. Thank you Fate for pointing the duplicate threads out. :):thumbs_up:
    iCube World
    (Its is not playable yet becuase it is closed alpha but i just wanted to post if for you guys)

Welcome to Cube World ! Cube World is a voxel box based game and was inspired by many games like Minecraft, Zelda, Secret of Mana, Monster Hunter, Diablo, World of Warcraft and many more. It is a infinite, colorful, procedurally generated world, full of adventures, monsters, and mysteries. theres nothing you can't do in Cube World.

Classes:
    You could become a warrior, archer, mage, or rouge. all of the classes have specializations. Warriors specialize in berserking and guarding. Archers specialize in sniping and scouting. mages specialize in water and fire and rouges specailize in assassin and ninja. Players also have skill trees were they can level up.
    • Climbing allows players to ascend the highest rocks and reach the deepest abyss.
    • Swimming through rivers, lakes and oceans is routine for a Cube World adventurer.
    • Diving to the ground of a lake or exploring underwater caves is also possible.
    • Hang gliding from a mountain right into a lush valley is a common task in Cube World.
    • Sailing enables ocean explorers to travel quickly from one island to another.
    Open terain:
    There is not border and it is a infinite terain like grasslands, snowy landscapes, wide oceans, dangerous lava lands, jungles, and deserts. Landscapes are full of mountains, caves, rivers, lakes, forests, rocks, dungeons, castles, ruins, catacombs, temples, villages, and more. You may find anything in this endless randomly generated world.

Fighting combat system:
    Enemies need to be targeted manually with a crosshair. There's no target locking. Good players will land more hits and thus deal more damage. While fighting you can also dodge. Dodging costs stamina and makes you immune against damage for a very short time. With skill and good stamina management, you can survive even the strongest attacks. You can also get combo points. Every time you hit an opponent, you get a combo point. The more combo points you have, the more armor/resistance of your enemy is ignored for your attacks. So if you succeed to build up enough combo points, you can penetrate even the heaviest armor.

Races:
    The following races are playable: Elves, Humans, Goblins, Lizardmen, Dwarves, Orcs, Frogmen, Undeads. There are separate models for male and female characters. They also have different voices and there are no class-race restrictions. Characters are customizable during character creation by choosing a combination of face, hair and hair color. Lizardmen have scales instead of hair and Frogmen have different eyes. (dats fo frog48)

Pets:
    Every player can have a pet which accompanies him during his adventures and assists in combat. A player can possess as many pets as he wants, but only one pet can be active at a time. The remaining pets are stored in a special pet bag in the inventory. Most animals and some monsters in Cube World can be tamed. In order to tame a pet, you need to feed it with it's favorite food. The challenge is to find out which food a pet likes and to obtain the food. there are also different pet categories.
    • Melee pets are the most common pets and attack from close range.
    • Ranged pets can shoot bullets from a distance.
    • Tank pets deal less damage but have higher endurance and generate more aggro.
    • Some pets have healing abilities to heal their master and friends.
    • Mount pets are ridable and enable fast traveling.
    Monsters:
    Cube World is full of monsters.there are slimes, zombies, ogres, skeletons, vampires, werewolves, and many more. theres are also elite and boss monsters.Boss monsters are the strongest creatures in Cube World. Some of them are humanoid, like trolls with big wooden clubs or one-eyed cyclopses. Others are undead, like the evil liches, that summon zombies and skeletons. There are saurians which are armored with scales and armed with sharp horns and teeth. Defeating a boss monster requires a lot of skill and experience. Players have to study their attacks and react properly. They have to jump during earthquakes by trolls, they have to stay away from cyclone attacks by cyclopses, and have to dodge the deadly smash attacks by golems. Defeating a boss monster gives valuable rewards like rare weapons or armor and lots of experience.

Weapon Customization:
    Weapons can be upgraded and customized on a per-voxel basis. For instance, iron swords can be upgraded with iron cubes which can be freely placed on the weapon. This increases damage and changes the look of weapons.
    Spirit cubesare rare magic cubes that can be obtained by defeating bosses. They're more powerful than normal cubes and have additional effects when placed on a weapon:
    • Fire spirit deals additional fire damage.
    • Wind spirit increases attack and movement speed of the player.
    • Ice spirit slows attack and movement speed of the target.
    • Unholy spirit deals damage to the target and heals the player
    Multiplayer:
    best of all theres multiplayer so you can play with your freinds :D. Multiplayer servers can be run on dedicated servers or private computers (you just have to make sure set up port forwarding for routers). It enables online and LAN multiplayer for up to four players. More information about Cube World

https://picroma.com/cubeworld#overview: Basically all you need to know about it :)

6. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I've been watching this game for a very long time now, me want public builds :|

CrystalClear and delankski like this.
  7. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

That's not a fake site, it's the old site. The first thing on it is a link to the current one.
    </br>--- merged: Jul 3, 2013 3:27 AM ---</br>
    Well, if a google search of "cube world open alpha" inspired by a youtube comment has taught me anything, it's that that happened today, but that the shop server crashed; not entirely positive about it, so don't quote me on that.

delankski likes this.
  8. Vidar

Vidar KAG Guard Donator Tester

It's on sale now, although I think the creator is having some problems, should be up again by tomorrow.

If anyone wants to get a group together to play this and you need another let me know.

Apronymous likes this.
  9. DwindlingDwarf

DwindlingDwarf Bison Rider

Saw this on youtube. It looks like a 3rd person minecraft with extra pixels :O
    It looks amazing though :D

10. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

He wasn't correcting me. Our two threads got merged.

link6155 and Apronymous like this.
  11. trot888

trot888 Bison Rider

it's out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Utahraptor

Utahraptor Hulk Hogan Tester

Lego should sue

Gofio and inactive_account like this.
  13. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

God damn, it's under maintenance :|

14. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Ive been waiting sooo long for this

15. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

I've been actually covering this game for over a year on my channel, alongside some other games, and I did post about it on this forum. You can actually buy this game, now, as soon as the store opens again, again. You can watch me play the alpha on YouTube right now, if you want!

stabborazz, FuzzyBlueBaron and Antman like this.
  16. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

Have been watching this game for a while O.O since before I started playing kag. Now I am expecting myself to buy it at their website if it loads properly D: and that I can damn ell make an account

17. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

It keeps saying can't create account beacause this is happening:
    Capture.PNG
    Hopefully it comes back soon, I need to play this game. ;)

Apronymous likes this.
  18. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

It is open alpha, isn't it?

Digger101 likes this.
  19. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

You can modify your weapons O_o
    GRAAAH I DONT HAVE PAYPAL. :skull:
    I really wanted to make myself a mythril middlefinger-sword tho...

20. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

So I knew about it right after some info about it were published. So I was like, one of the first ones who knew about it. I examined about the game for a while put then 'accidently' forgot that name.

Till now, I got more info from the wiki. And after I found that you can play it even in offline and/or play with your other 3 (or more in populated servers) friends, I then started look every small details of this game! After seeing minimum requirements, it seemed that my poor Linux was able to handle it with least FPS being 20 :)

But the FPS may drop... Due WINE, since it doesn't really want to work with some other games (only few worked), it may as well NOT open the game :(

I also found that the beginning of the game will be hardcore. Lots of ppl complained/whined about game being hard, I hope I can get pass it (EX: Leveling up would take more than 1 hour).

I would love to play with you guys, BUT I even found that servers for Linux are hyper buggy, so I/we have to wait for more news.

More info will come later (And does the game even start here)

Mods: BlueLuigi