1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Best K/D.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AJ, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

how the hell could I: I like keeping track of my score.
    it would be easier...: I like playing these kind of games, (ace of spades, online terraria, etc..)
    also, there were cheaters in both teams, turning the number of up lives to a million,
    under these circumstances, and with some VERY smart builders, (they made traps that leave you with exactly half a heart, or dead, so that archers could easily kill the knights who fall in) I know that its hard to believe, but the numbers are true!
    and, if you divide 800 by 40, you get 20. ace, for example, has 120:5 = 24!
    this means Im not better than him! (and he's got 5 messages, which, if it would say something about his playing time, is not very much)
    use your maths before speaking! (I think the expression was different, but this IS true :B):)

2. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

getting 800 kills and only 40 deaths is nearly impossible.
    lag kills, glitch kills and human error prevents you from getting this outrageous score.
    we all know that there are a lot of bullshit deaths in this game.

3. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Don't forget about servers reseting your score;

4. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I was actually talking about the builds where it was possible to get a score that high, but that's a factor too in this build.
    I, myself, have had 800 kills, but atleast 700 deaths to come with it(played for like 10 hours that day lmao), back in build 203 when I was a complete noob.

Boxpipe likes this.
  5. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Hey guys, can we simplify?
    So instead of 1000-100 say 10-1
    Mine was 20-0 as a knight
    Archers shouldn't count :3

GloriousToast and Gofio like this.
  6. Creille

Creille Base Burner

My best was 80\5 in the old Aussie CTF playing both archer and knight :) mainly because we had amazing builders on our team :)
    Edit: so that's a 16:1 kdr

7. Have you finished elementary school?

No, seriously. I'm pretty sure that 80/5 is 16, not 20.

Gofio and keyofdoor like this.
  8. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Oh yeah....
    It's not elementary school, it's an error.

9. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Well, according to some of the awesomely whacky numbers a server was feeding me today, my kdr ranged from something over 8k through less than 0.0025.
    Yay server stat glitches! ^__^

PainGiver likes this.
  10. Yihka

Yihka Shopkeep Stealer

Well, this score is dedicated for the knight, although I have played a bit builder and archer too ( around 10 kills or so )

Note I was on the front the most times and only retreated if I needed more health / bombs

I've probably had better scores though, but I thought it was cool to have exactly 100 kills

Attached Files:

Shadreki likes this.
  11. Shadreki

Shadreki ᴋᴀɢ ᴅᴡᴇʟʟᴇʀ Donator

Oh yeah, I was in that game. Noticed your K.D rate and saw you playing. I was impressed, good job. :) Total legit!

Yihka likes this.
  12. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

KDR simultaneously motivates me and annoys me.

One thing I'm seeing in this thread is very wonderful KD Ratios for archers, upwards of 10:1, and while I think it's good to try and not die my question is this: I know for a fact that versus players of equal skill to yourself, many people can't support a wonderful KDR, with many players on premium servers getting relatively low KDR's.

What do I mean by all of this? I'm not trying to say "lol evrybudy sux xD", but I'm really unsure of the times that players (including myself) have good KDR's due to the environment, teams, and most of all: Play style.

A prime example is a game I had on Rayne's Day & Night CTF: bonethrack was playing archer, and eventually I had noticed that he had died only once, with 45 kills. However, bonethrack was playing archer almost exclusively defensively, and while he did a good job of playing defensively, it felt like he wasn't overly present in the game.

I dunno, maybe I'm just bitter or something, but I'm curious as to what you guys do (specifically) to get such good KDR's. I try to use KDR as a simple evaluation tool, and nothing more.

Beef, Contrary and Rayne like this.
  13. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

800 divided by 40 = 20!
    I've seen many more outrageous scores, and the longer the battle lasts, the easier it is to kill other players, because more buildings are destroyed.
    yes, there is human failure, but that is irrelevant, as it happens to every player, and at (in my case) regular intervals:
    if I'd have a 400 kill score, I'd have died 20 times!
    this is not a wierd score, but it's one from a HUGE battle!
    if a there is someone who believes me (preferably a mathematician (is that how its spelled?) or someone good at math)
    please! tell them that it IS possible!

maybe we should all just post our kill DIVIDED BY death rate, this gives more sensible numbers...
    remember, people have scores of 30 one 1 kill around this thread, and I'm was playing on a huge noob-server!

EDIT
    the funny thing with archers is, that you can, if you are a very good player, snipe stuff outside the screen.
    you might not have seen him shooting, because you...
    1. were playing very focused, and didn't notice, or
    2. were not in the same screen as bonethrack.
    a defensive archer is the most lethal one! they wont get killed easily, but they can snipe people really fast!
    I used to play offensive, giving me a score of 11 on 1, now that I'm playing defensive, I get scores of 20 on 1!
    I'm not sure about the 45 on 1... but it could be either one of the upper two, or its just score lag.

14. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I appreciate the suggestions, but I'm aware of all of that. It wasn't score lag, honestly--I was constantly checking scores, given that he killed me multiple times. And I knew where he was--Other factors allowed him to consistently kill me, most likely his accuracy.

Overall, It's not bad to try and maintain a relatively high KDR, but my issue is that people almost seem to fixate or focus on it, and that's not good at all.

Kouji likes this.
  15. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

It's not difficult in the slightest to get a good ratio, and, as carver alluded to, even if you did it's rare that it's helping the team. Quite easy to hide in a tower and snipe at people, retreating often, and being a cowardly custard, and your ratio will skyrocket. There's no satisfaction to be had in that though, but each to their own.

That said; i got a 1000:23 score dont call me a lawyer tho just cos i gots no screenshoots its the truth so ner ner ner xD

16. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

K/D means nothing with the bonked score system now.

For me a real measure of skill is parkouring as a builder and mario hopping over the whole enemy's front lines (killing a couple of archers, builders, and a injured knight or two). Then entombing yourself inside the closest tower and crashing it down into oblivion.

Edit Tip: You gotta learn the forward reverse hop in order to be a good at builder parkour. Also spikes are your best friends for enemies who are behind walls. At the right angles you'll kill them easy.

17. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

yeah, that's true.
    well, I can't think of any other way he coulda done it,
    so it must indeed be lag then... or bonethrack is a NINJA:skull:

18. vilereaver41

vilereaver41 Drill Rusher

My best kd was 100/0

19. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

This is the best one I have a screenshot of
    EDIT: oh lordy what a necropost