1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Questions? Post here

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Kouji, May 8, 2012.

Mods: Gurin
  1. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Much appreciated:B):

EDIT

An unforseen consequence; unless your on a low populated server, the chat is rendered useless:QQ:
    I know how to turn it off btw
    </br>--- merged: Jan 21, 2013 2:20 PM ---</br>
    How do you make a spoiler box?

2. AdrianC

AdrianC Haxor Tester

Code:
     [spoiler=Title(optional)]Text[/spoiler]

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

What AdrianC said; or, click on the button show here: http://grab.by/jbMa

4. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

why are people not allowed to see hidden posts?

5. dandyking7179

dandyking7179 Bison Rider

I'd say they are hidden for a reason. :D

6. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

By what do you mean hidden?

7. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

These posts have been deleted by moderators, for a reason.

8. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

I've seen how mods can hide posts and then you say they are deleted. what is the difference?
    edit: i mean do hidden post disappear forever (entirely out of the system) after some time? is there two options delete and hide?

9. Downburst

There is no difference between hidden and delete post. But what's up with this question, you can't even see them, so how do you know they're hidden?

10. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Moderators can delete posts from public view, but they are still in the system for moderators to see.

11. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The issue here is that we very rarely hard-delete (i.e. permanently delete) content. This is because if there's ever contention about a deleted post we can undelete the post if we need to.

12. jokeman8454

jokeman8454 Haxor

When i try to do sandbox, zombies, or singleplayer rtdm it won't let me on it says,
    WRONG PASSWORD

Help please

13. Downburst

check your autoconfig and remove the password you set at the password field.

14. jokeman8454

jokeman8454 Haxor

Ah thanks it worked

15. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Is the sheild while slashing fixed now? Sorry I should know, but I don't realize when I do it

16. FuzzyBlueBaron

I believe it is till at large as they (the devs) have been focusing on the Scripting build, rather than bugs in Classic. ;)

17. lagiacruswhite

lagiacruswhite Catapult Fodder

hi, recently I was playing on one of my favorite servers, and I found a tunnel leading to our base, i killed the enemy builders there and decided to adapt it for our own use. eventually some builders and knights joined in and we tunneled very close to the enemy base and ended up getting inside and capturing the flag! I said in the chat 'you can thank me for that victory, I'm the one who found the tunnel!' when the next game started, a mod freezed me where i stood and it said that if i quit i will be banned, he said that tunnels are horrible things and just disrupt the game, while i said that they are part of the game he still said i was ruining the game, he only let me play after i explained twice that it was an enemy tunnel, when he finally understood he let me go, but for the rest of the game builders were making tunnels to enemy bases, and he didn't pursue anyone else who was making their own little tunnel and was trying to get to the enemy base using them. is him enforcing stupid rules, but only occasionally allowed? and more importantly is tunneling allowed?

18. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Tunneling is allowed but probably you were making a tunnel from your base to the other, so he wanted to say that to you so you'd 'learn' it.

Admins can do what they like.

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

Outside of "No hacking, no griefing" there are no rules in KAG, per se. So the short answer is: yes, tunneling allowed.

The slightly more involved answer is that there are good ways to tunnel and there are less good ways. My guess is that the admin thought you had tunneled from your base to the enemies base (which, btw, is always a bad move because if the enemy gets control of your tunnel then you can kiss your own flag bye-byes) and was trying to tell you that tunneling from flag-to-flag is a bad move (by the sounds of it they could have told you in a kinder manner, but I guess some people don't know how to communicate in a friendly fashion :huh?:).

Basically, if you ever start a tunnel, start it outside your defenses so the enemy can't hijack it for themselves--if you do that then you shouldn't have to worry about people (like that admin) calling you out for it. ;)

20. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

There are many unwritten rules in kag, things such as whole map tunnels, jab spam, minecrafting, etc. are mostly frowned upon by more experienced players.

Mods: Gurin