1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

A Moment of Silence for THQ.

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Lieber, Jan 23, 2013.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

DeathArrow and inactive_account like this.
  2. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

I've liked THQ for Saints Row: The Third, it was mostly the best game I ever played. The fact THQ is no more on Saints Row 4.. make me so sad. I just hope Deep Silver will have tits to make a new Saints Row funny like the last one and don't try to turn it on another gameplay (like trying to remove the rated for mature by removing offensing stuff).

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Saints Row 3 was very watered down crap the same likes of pretty much those other games that came out at the same like Dead Rising/2.

That said, Saints Row 3 mostly fell off cause what keeps all these 'GTA clone' games alive is the story, and SR3's story was absolutely shit and everywhere.

At least THQ was always a step above EA, but that's not saying much, THQ has been known in the industry for over 15 years as 'To Hell with Quality' for the amount of bugs in games that could have easily been avoided by playtesting.

Sad to see them go before EA or Blizzard though, that's for sure.

goodyman8 and inactive_account like this.
  4. WarrFork

Of course the story wasn't really big because it was just about kicking out some gangs of the city but it have been done with so much funny stuff that make the story not bad at all.

I'm obviously refering to zombies suddently took an entire island and stay there all the time. The French guy for Morning Star with the worst english accent ever and the big guy who want to help you. All these little thing made the story great, if we don't talk about the fact it's just about cleaning a city of other gangs.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  5. Dude, as long as I got to keep some hoes in line with my giant purple dildo on a stick the game was good.

Except for that BULLSHIT space DLC where you were a movie star. Fuck everything about all of those missions. You expect me to get near misses in a plane spaceship on my craptop? :bird:

GloriousToast, MechaTrickster and Aoi like this.
  6. WarrFork

Yes, the giant purple dildo was the greatest. If he's not in SR4, I don't buy it.
    Also nearly every DLC was shit, I mean, who will spend money to get ONE more gun and ONE more shark hat?
    Well, maybe Arcrave.. but anyways, i've only bought the Genkibowl DLC, this cat is crazy.

PumpkingSlice and BlueLuigi like this.
  7. BlueLuigi

Yea the giant purple dong dildo was fucking hilarious lol.

8. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I thought SR3 was ok up to a point but Saints Row II was very refreshing as I played it only a few weeks after finishing GTAIV, which was simultaneously less dark and less lighthearted.

But really I dunno I'm seeing so many threads like this everywhere (translation: a single thread on the one other forum I go on) and I don't really see the fuss. I don't really see any outstanding games from them.

9. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

The THQ pack on steam was an awesome deal, I still haven't played all those games.

10. BlueLuigi

Same here, seen it on 3 forums I frequent so far lol, all going a bit crazy for us.

11. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

New companies have bought the licenses for THQs games, here they are:

SEGA has purchased Relic (Warhammer 40k, Company of Heroes)
    Koch Media (Owner of Dead Island publisher Deep Silver) has purchased Volition (Saint's Row) and rights to the Metro franchise
    Crytek, who is developing Homefront 2 has purchases rights to the Homefront franchise
    Take-Two (Parent company of 2K and Rockstar) have purchased Turtle Rock Studios' project codenamed Evolve.
    Ubisoft has purchised the rights to South Park: The Stick of Truth and THQ Montreal (Current Developer of Assassin's Creed project codenamed 1666)

Ubisoft paid $3.3 million for Southpark and $2.5 million for THQ Montreal
    Koch Media paid $5.8 million for Metro and $22.3 million for Volition
    Crytek paid $500 000 for Homefront
    SEGA paid $26.6 million for Relic
    Nobody bid for Vigil (Darksiders)

Link:http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...ow-company-of-heroes-darksiders-devs-acquired

12. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Company of heroes is still the most rated rts of all time...

Rip THQ

Stevedog, Wonkyth and BlueLuigi like this.
  13. WarrFork

I have no idea why someone bought the licence for Homefront, the first one wasn't good at all.
    Anyways, Koch Media dosen't seem bad (Dead Island), I hope they will try a SR4.

Razzey and BlueLuigi like this.
  14. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Poor Darksiders. I actually really liked those games, although they didn't even approach the level they could have been at. I guess that's a god thing, though; If it was dodgy and incomplete and I still enjoyed them, how much better would they have been if they had been dealt with properly? :)

Certainly interested in seeing what happens with Homefront 2, since Homefront was absolute bullshit, but Crytek generally does pretty sweet. :)

And, of course, we are all on edge when it comes to CoH2. :D

Canadian98, BlueLuigi and WarrFork like this.
  15. Sega has now licences for both WH:Fantasy Battle and WH:40k. And they have Relic too.

dear god buy me a better laptop

E: oh and koch media didn't develop Dead Island, they only published it. The developer was CD-Projekt.

Canadian98, BlueLuigi and Beef like this.
  16. WarrFork

Canadian98 likes this.
  17. DeathArrow

DeathArrow Catapult Fodder

RIP We will remember for you for all your awesome games you made sad to see you go. I'm acting like its a person

18. Razzey

Razzey Builder Stabber

What I guess:
    Company of Heroes 2: Gone
    Metro: Last Light: Gone

Two awesome games are gone. I am still wondering how THQ has come here.. They had that Humble THQ Bundle where they sold over 6 million copies and they also make lots of sales for the rest of their games.

RIP THQ

19. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

I think Company of Heroes will still get done, Relic is still making it.

Aoi likes this.
  20. Razzey

Razzey Builder Stabber

Let's hope the best for Relic.

Mods: BlueLuigi