1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Writing Contest - Prizes Included

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Kovett, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Here's my story, it will be horrible just per warning you. Never wrote a reality story before.

The girl got out of the stinking hot car, yawning. She took a moment to gaze around and take in her surroundings, a large towering tree, a walkway and a couple of houses lined up in a row, she sat down in the soft cold grass under the shade of the large green tree, waiting for her brothers to hurry up and get out of the car. Finnaly they got out of the car and her family started walking down the narrow path. While she walked she thought of how she longed for this trip to the shops to be over, and to get to the beach.

As she past a art gallery, the smell of food and wine flooded her. She looked towards the source of the smell and a small notice cought her eye. She read it carefully, and repeated to her younger brothers, meet the artist, interveiw at 10:00 and questions, food and wine at 10:30 am. She was transfixed at th inside of the gallery while her parents decided wether they should go in or not. Finally deciding not to go in because of how crowded it was they continued to walk down the narrow path, only then did she notice a name tag on a man talking to a old lady, and figured out that he was the painter of all the paintings, she cought a few words as she walked slowly passed them.
    " Hurry up!" Her parents shouted at her. Noticing how far away she was from her parents she started to fast walk while her head was full of thoughts about the artist.

This is my reality story, not sure how it is or if it is even one. It is kinda not finished but I don't have anymore time, on the computer.

2. SuperCatMan50

SuperCatMan50 Sending Fish in The Mail Donator
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

grr im good at made-up ones :P

3. people r confused.

reality as theme, not 'it has to real'...
    You can write something that includes reality or unreality as a main focus. Such as the stories I wrote there...

4. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

I just got a sudden urge to write an eroti-...... nah.. not enough time.
    *Hint* *Hint* Anyone?

Canadian98 and BeasterDenBeast like this.
  5. you still have 3 hours to upload it?

happyedison likes this.
  6. I was first to post in the thread and I hope I'm going to be the last person to post a story. So here it goes! Enjoy!

DEFENESTRATION
    Fragments from the Journal of a Young Writer

It all started yesterday evening when my friend gave me a call. He asked whether I would like to write a fictional story for his journal. Well, I thoughtlessly agreed. Then he told me that I didn't have to write a story, but to finish what some other writer began, but couldn't finish due to infarction.
    Since I’m very lazy I wanted to put myself to work as soon as it’s possible. But then I thought that I got yet 2 days in advance, so maybe I should start with reading the entire series, so I would know what am I writing about. But then it turned out that actually the journal wasn’t handy and I’m forced to go to the library tomorrow to read it. The first day passed and I didn’t write anything.
    Day 2nd
    Today I woke up quite late and when I came to the library I stayed there for a long time. I’m always spending, or one would say – wasting, my time in libraries. Even though I somehow managed to read the entire series. But when I got back to home it was already too late to start writing anything. So I thought I’ll write my progress, or rather regress in work (status quo?) and go to sleep and wake up next morning as early as possible. And that’s how the second day passed by.

Day 3rd – the deadline.
    Well, it seems I was wrong. I expected myself to wake up early and surprisingly not I didn’t wake up at the time I should. Now it’s already 4 p.m. and I got like 4 more hours to start and finish this work for my friend. I still have no idea how could I start it. My laziness terrifies me. Why do I always make things at the eleventh hour? I should stop writing this journal and start doing the proper work…
    I can’t. I really can’t write anything. I don’t know what am I going to do. It’s already 8 p.m. and I think he’s going to call me or even come to me for my work. What am I going to say? I didn’t finish work for you although I really wanted to write it and be published? No, it can’t end like this. I’m already too ashamed of myself.
    Wait, wait. He didn’t come yet and it’s already 9 p.m. Well, he’s going to show up sooner or later which in my case means sooner rather than later. Wait. What? Someone’s knocking on my window? But I’m living on the 3rd floor. Let’s see what is it…
    The knocking on the doors lasted for at least 5 minutes. Then the doors opened slowly and someone passed them by. He didn’t find anyone. The apartment seemed like it was abandoned. The sound of blowing wind was coming from the opened window. He moved slowly. Then he found straggled papers on the floor. He picked up one with footnote ‘Story for publication – page first’ and started reading it. The story was entitled “DEFENESTRATION” and began with sentence “It all started yesterday evening…”

7. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

The term defenestration is truly a beautiful word.

Reudh, FuzzyBlueBaron and Kalikst like this.
  8. Imaperson2

Imaperson2 Catapult Fodder

What time will this end?

9. Hmm...

I guess it must be...

20th February

THEN!

GOD PLEASE LET NOT IMAPERSON2 WIN. LET HIM SUFFER IN FREE2PLAY 5EVER.

rocker2, XyellowX, Varion and 10 others like this.
  10. Its a shame. I still wish to join, but I guess its too late. I've got a great one written, but I'm one day late. Just saw this thread now. :oops:

11. I guess soulrealm can close this now. I too have my two entries edited and finished - they're on another computer currently undergoing lockdown though, sad to see the time limit end.

While I could've posted it yesterday after the announcement of '3 hours left', internet decided to die right there and then. Now undergoing maintenance.

Anywhoo, congratulations ahead of time to the winner! ^^

12. You can still post: give people some interesting stories.

However, will be unlikely that'll you'll win a prize, since you posted late. Give them your story. People want to read!

But I guess it isn't for the prize is it? So why not post?

13. It won't be for the prize - that wasn't the crux on why I wanted to share my story. :P

Will be editing this post ~ 28 hours from now for those two, may be lesser if time is on my side.

14. Imaperson2

Imaperson2 Catapult Fodder

ok who wins now today is the twenty one for me .

15. Winners has been deemed: Kalikst. You may lock the thread now...but I'm going to make another one. This one was not satisfying at all...

Kalikst likes this.
  16. Probably because the deadline was on a time where mostly everyone was busy >.>

Edit: Congrats btw Kalikst :D I've seen that before you posted it - deserve that win!

RainbowFlash and Kalikst like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.