1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Scripting Build Videos

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gunnar, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Nope, not at all. As long as it might look similar it feels much, much different than wall jumping in Mario.

Boxpipe likes this.
  2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Walljumping just remembered me to it, walljumping like this doesn't fit in KAG

Boxpipe likes this.
  3. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

Wall jump is for archer or all ?

Boxpipe likes this.
  4. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Oh yeah, that's loads better, didn't really notice that wide bridgey thing collapsing first couple of times, also there isn't actually any rubble in that video either, has that been updated or still under development or some shit like that or has it just been removed? Does it cause any more lag with big collapses with them acting more like they should?

Interesting to see that both knight and archer have an extra heart as standard though, have some damage values been changed and/or is that just a RTDM or game balance testing thing?

I dunno, it'll increase everyone's mobility, so will reduce defensive stalemates, especially when it comes to water obstacles, and anyone with premium will remember how bad defensive stalemates were when water was involved.

Boxpipe, GloriousToast and Cirom like this.
  5. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

:castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall: Walljumping was in KAG in one or more builds...
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall: <--------------------------------------------=
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall: Resulted in rapid elevator when going up

Boxpipe and AcidSeth like this.
  6. Xanoxis-Rawr

Xanoxis-Rawr Arsonist

I mean support system, there was on video looong building made of stone holding on one layer of stone (1:45 time of new video). According to earlier dev video, it should colapse. Why it didnt?

Boxpipe likes this.
  7. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Awesome tree felling.
    Awesome water splash effect.
    Awesome HUD.
    Awesome jump pads.
    Awesome archer walljump.
    Awesome ...

:dance:

Boxpipe likes this.
  8. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Well RTDM is for fast paced fuck arounds without builders, so if you had the full support system in place then you couldn't have all sorts of stupid buildings that you tend to get for that gamemode.

Boxpipe likes this.
  9. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

Most likely its how pre-built structures behave. The support system that would cause the thing to break only kicks in if the player tries to modify the structure by adding a block to it or removing one. Otherwise it remains dormant.

Boxpipe likes this.
  10. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

That's exactly what didn't happen though; at 1:45, the time specificied in the post you quoted, a structure is modified by exploding bombs, but still stays pretty damn floaty.

Boxpipe likes this.
  11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: the support from that other video - we decided it was less fun that way because it was very hard to "instantly" see where blocks would start falling off. We've been forced to rely on the tilemap instead of everything being blob blocks for network performance reasons as well, so the calculations would have to either be cached per-tile (increasing memory overhead in proportion with the map size, not just number of constructed tiles).

As a sidenote the collapses are still work in progress as they have a nasty tendency to shred actors all over the map if something large happens. We're unsure of whether we'll be having a rubble block or not.

Re: damage balance - we're still iterating on that at the moment, knights are likely to be a little more sturdy than archers though, since archers have (reworked) tree climb and arrow climb for increased mobility.

Re: wall jump - every class has it and it's being added as a more or less fundamental movement skill, much like the now-absent notching from classic.

Re: fall damage - it's on, it's just turned way, way down for TDM because with those trampolines and the fast paced movement we were spending more time on our collective arses saying "ckr-OW" or dying outright on landing than fighting each other. The reduced fall damage allows you to focus on slapping each other around rather than being super careful with your jumps - I'm sure some servers will be turning it up again.

Interesting how divided people seem to be on the appearance of actors, haha.

@Worm: it's a little more nicely animated than that "walljumping" was though, considering that one was the product of a nasty bug ;)

NinjaCell, Boxpipe, MooCowMan and 8 others like this.
  12. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

I still can't get over that archer walk cycle. Makes me smile every time.

I love the new bombs, and everything seems to have more 'weight' to it. Also, I love the quicker, more mobile combat. And trampolines. You can never go wrong with trampolines.

I half-want Geti to just troll everyone and make the walljumping Metroid-like so it'll be like re-learning how to bomb jump for everyone.

NinjaCell and Boxpipe like this.
  13. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Watching the Team Death Match video just looks like insane fun, i kinda cracked up at some points cause im geeky when it come to KAG kills.
    >Someone gets a kill
    >Uses smiley :) , :D , :)

Boxpipe likes this.
  14. samus0000

samus0000 Builder Stabber

I would Hate [love] for him to do something this horrible [great] as that. ;)

NinjaCell, Boxpipe and Cirom like this.
  15. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Find me a person who doesn't do that.

16. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

Hello.

Kinda saddified that the "notch jumping" thing is gone, but eh. :< Wall jumping is the new notch climbing!

Does make me wonder what towers people will make now, as the "door wall climbable thing" shouldn't work anymore.

Boxpipe likes this.
  17. 16th

16th Bison Rider

climb on spike, baby :skull:

Boxpipe likes this.
  18. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I'm sure there will be things what will replace notch climbing or something similar

Boxpipe likes this.
  19. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

Wont people just use the trapdoor method? or do i remember someone saying that all upward team only movement is out...

Boxpipe likes this.
  20. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I miss this. :(

Boxpipe and GloriousToast like this.