1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone give me tips about the knight?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by KCx13, Feb 25, 2013.

1. KCx13

KCx13 Catapult Fodder

I have been a member for a long time, but I have never really focused on fighting as a knight until now, any tips?

2. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Try to stay one step ahead of your opponent, anticipate their every move. I try to coax them into attack first, then sword slash while they move back.

Piano, butterscotch and rocker2 like this.
  3. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

read the manual, you´ll find some "tips" there.
    </br>--- merged: Feb 25, 2013 11:51 PM ---</br>
    at least it helped me

4. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

Do you have to jab spam all the time.Jumping and jabbing.If you press the button "2" and the button "5" repeteadly you get critical hits.

Kramgnauh, Guitarman, Piano and 4 others like this.
  5. KCx13

KCx13 Catapult Fodder

I know all the basics, I know how to bomb jump, even double bomb jump, but I would like go know more advance techniques

6. Chaos-Knight

Chaos-Knight Bison Rider

What else is there to know then?

I don't think the knight is all that deep - know all the movement quirks of the current build and use them in combination with good situational awareness of your environment to their fullest potential to stab people before they stab you or shoot you or hammer-time you.

I don't think there are "more advanced" techniques for a knight, unless you talk team strategies and tactics. Apart from that I think you don't get much better as knight by knowing stuff, only by playing relentlessly, until that tiny shielded guy becomes an off-screen extension of your body and your soul and the game's mechanics seep into your blood.

So the only tip I can really give you is to play RTDM on the "beginner" servers and get your ass handed to you until you become as good as the other regular players there. Without all the builder stuff you can focus much more on the game's movement mechanics and thus learn them faster in that "simpler" environment. And by learning I mean of course making them stick on an intuitive level.

Sometimes you may see people do crazy shit there you maybe didn't know was possible, then imitate.

7. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

Thanks guys, I'm a much better knight now though, lel.

8. Playing inf. Bombs Redux can really help you practice your bombs. Other than that, playing knight a lot will increase your skill over time.

9. Glenfield

Glenfield Builder Stabber

I would be more Worried about trying to learn how to fight with the new knight Combat system when the 1.0 update comes out, Down thrust, Shield bash sounds like being a knight is going to be a whole lot harder to learn... :QQ:

10. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

But think about all the skill involved!
    Hmm, this might make lag more noticeable though.

11. Glenfield

Glenfield Builder Stabber

If that's the case then I can see a lot more restrictions in servers for people with low ping and getting kicked from a server for having low ping and I'm one of those people with a Potato broadband, I'm screwed.:eek:

PinXviiN likes this.
  12. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Against jab spammers sheild and occasionally drop the sheild quickly jab the back then put the sheild back up, through you have to be quick. Timing is very important when it comes to knight, you need to watch your opponent time their slash and yours so you get them. Another thing I find that helps me, is when your on your last life and can't/ don't want to go heal, don't show them any hint that your on low health because most of the time they don't know, I just find it helps.

These are my tips, they may not be useful be they may be useful.

13. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

if you need some advanced techniques i recommend you to the knights parkour servers which helps you get the hang of the knights movements. Also timing is a major factor in combat the wrong timing will end you face up on the ground and possibly to be slashed up into lil pieces. Try practicing deathmatch also i also recommend not to go on the servers with lots of people on. Because i doubt you'd even reach the main fight archers would've got you. Also watch your opponents moves carefully. And hopefully you will find your own smexy way of fighting as a knight. :huh?:
    </br>--- merged: Mar 12, 2013 7:55 AM ---</br>
    Thats true but when i go on its laggy as.

14. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Practice throwing and timing bombs accurately. It is very helpful (Trust me).

15. -Q

-Q Donator

Ah, here's one thing yall haven't touched upon, pretty common technique: Does anyone know how to spam all three bombs in a row?

16. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

ffffff?

17. -Q

-Q Donator

Not quite. I see people using it on Infinite Bombs Redux to spam bombs faster than what would be possible by hand. I also occasionally see people dropping items at a faster-than-normal rate in some ctf servers.

18. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

F, then half a second later esc

-Q likes this.
  19. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Slash...

yep, thats it

20. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

things people didn't touch on:
    vault slash jumping
    squeezing through gaps like this
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    to go down this hold Left and while slashing press esc: the result is you are double slashing without hitting requiring a target and you should be able to slash down this
    learn to cook bombs

norill and -Q like this.