1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Gather - Matchmaking on IRC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tmewett5, Mar 1, 2013.

1. tmewett5

tmewett5 Shark Slayer

So we have a thread here about gather which outlines the basic principles and examples of the Soldat version in use, but now that we have a (mostly) working bot I thought I would make another thread.

Gather is essentially a matchmaking channel, with a bot that manages the matches. The channel is #kag.gather on Quakenet. KAG gather works differently to Soldat, so listen up:
    1. If you want to play, you type !add and join the queue (post-auth and linking)
    2. When there are enough players, teams are randomly allocated and a match is started
    3. All participants get PMed the (empty) server IP and password
    4. Profit!
    So, if you want to play, #kag.gather, !add. See you there :dance:

EDIT: We have a social forum here, anyone can join. [user]Kalikst[/user] has written an awesome FAQ for anyone who is unsure how to use gather, so check that out!

EDIT by splittingred: There's now a website for Gather, at http://gather.kag2d.nl/ It has all the information you need regarding how to play in a Gather match.

2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Easy way to join it, just need to fill in your nick
    *click*

Kalikst and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  3. Freddex

Freddex Haxor

This could be fun! I approve, keep it going. People, just join for a match or two and see for yourself, it's quite good.

butterscotch and Kalikst like this.
  4. We definitely need more HYPE. I'd say we're still in alpha or beta stage. We got so far only working bot. By tomorrow we will have uploaded ArL settings and maps, so you people, would have a chance to try by yourself how does it feel to play Arthurian League match :D. The rules for KAG Gather are going to be uploaded as well. By now, stay tunned, join social group, suggest ideas for development, don't let KAG Gather die and THANK [user]tmewett5[/user] for making properly working gather bot within one week time!

Aoi and illu like this.
  5. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

I tried it and it's pretty awesome! If your not in a clan or if you want a match that looks like a real clan war match, that's the same here. I'm pretty much used to ArL rules and they are pretty cool, the fact we can't change classes make it harder and funnier.

I just hope to see more players in this (well it's new so), and maybe an American server.

6. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

It's a little bit rough atm but still looks very promising.
    If you ever played a gather (in Soldat for example) you do know how much fun it can be. For you newbies, a very short explanation: It's basically a clanmatch without a clan. You can play a competitive match with some more experienced players but don't need to join a clan for that. There are fixed rules and the same serversettings everytime. So it's more serious than a public game but not as "serious" as a clan match. Still, you should only !add to the gather bot if you are really willing to play it during the whole "best of three" matches. So, leaving the match during the gather is frowned and could lead to punishement. Of course it's not that strict atm since it's still early beta and needs more work and also more players.

So, don't hesitate to join #kag.gather and try it out! :)

7. Yeah, it's already 3 am and I'm still discussing our match on #kag.gather with these guys. We have just finished one of the most serious gathers played so far. And even though it became 3v3 from 5v5, it was still pretty god-damn fun! I really recommend it to everyone who would like to find out how is it to play match likewise Arthurian League, and maybe even get yourself to the clan, since most of us are in clan already! I just want to highlight one important thing, that hasn't been mentioned yet so far - KAG Gather is and will stay as a project dedicated to PREMIUM USERS only as well as Arthurian League. It mayb e pretty obvious but I just wanted to highlight it before someone starts complaining. And why? Because we believe in KAG Gather that if you love this game and want to get into competetive KAG gaming, you have already bought it :). Stay tunned for more KAG Gathers and hope to see you on our IRC channel!

nkChehov, tmewett5 and illu like this.
  8. tmewett5

tmewett5 Shark Slayer

Just wanted to say thanks for your feedback guys, and I'm glad you like it :migrant:

Kalikst likes this.
  9. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Sounds fun as long as the server is good.

Kalikst likes this.
  10. This was good awesome =D Great work dude something to do so I don't get bored on BC's server all day long

Kalikst likes this.
  11. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

We played 2 matchs today,both were awesome.
    This is a really good way to get in a match with less retards,and,it's like playing a clan war.
    If you want to know what a CW looks like,play it.Seriously.

Kalikst likes this.
  12. Sniips

Sniips Haxor

Let's play with clanwars rules ! Best public training ground !

Kalikst likes this.
  13. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Good old time, it reminds me so soldat. If this gather goes popular, we could imagine a system for confirmed players (voiced players on #soldat.gather).

Kalikst likes this.
  14. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I played one game.
    I plan on playing more now.
    This is For Teh WIN!

Kalikst and Mazey like this.
  15. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Just played a fun set. Shoutouts to Titmaufive and CC for their shooting and Mav and C-Drop for bambs.

I can see this taking up many afternoons for me.

Varion, Kalikst, Titmau5 and 6 others like this.
  16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Frontpaged and tweeted, pressure's on.

illu, tmewett5, LucasTT and 3 others like this.
  17. Titmau5

Titmau5 Bison Rider Staff Alumni

All this needs is a server located in the US and then it will be PERFECT!!!(:

Kalikst, LucasTT, Guitarman and 3 others like this.
  18. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Some how, I'm no longer part of the group and when I try to join, the page refreshes :huh?:

19. ditto

After first few games when it was only starting I got discouraged very quickly but later it got my love again. I always happen to get a team of competent people who know what they do and I guess I'm gonna spend a lot of time there only training to actual clan wars.

Kalikst likes this.
  20. tmewett5

tmewett5 Shark Slayer

I :heart: you

Kalikst and Mazey like this.