1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Gather - Matchmaking on IRC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tmewett5, Mar 1, 2013.

1. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

Sounds like an awesome idea! How many servers are up and running and how big are they?

2. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

2 europeans servers, 14 slots each (10 for players, 4 for spectators).

3. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Sounds good. I haven't tried it out yet but I'm going too soon.

4. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

whats the command?

5. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

6. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

7. SpideY

It was a suggestion of Kalikst : "Deny webchat users from using gather. They're mostly randoms and webchat tends to disconnect quite often and very easily. Besides:"

An irc client is better.

8. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

I'm not random,and a few other guys use it too.
    All the IRC clients are so ugly.I haven't find a good one yet

Contrary likes this.
  9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

xchat

10. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

I'm not going to pay 20 bucks for a IRC client

11. SpideY

You dont have to pay for mirc for example and you arent alone too lol. On soldat gather, webchat was also not allowed.

12. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

ummmmm, you dont have to. Xchat2 is completely free, its Mirc thats paid.

Xchat download link should you require it: http://www.silverex.org/download/

13. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

14. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

I'll keep using the webchat.If they really want to deny webchat users,then I'll use a client.

15. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

I recommend HexChat. It's also based on XChat but is still under active development.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  16. KAG Gather is getting bigger. We're now expanding to North America! That's right! We have just got a sponsor who is hosting our North American server! :D By now IP for the server isn't implemented yet to the bot, so when you will be willing to play on NA server just tell your team-mates to go there. Password is the same as on the previous servers. All haild goes to [user]durdom[/user]. I'm not sure if he's using forums but you can find him and thank him over IRC - he's there under nickname You.

Our next goal to achieve, besides making Gather better and more popular is server in Australia!

As a KAG Gather PR man, I'm going to tease you - [user]Ardivaba[/user] has joined our little dev team and is working on new bot which is going to take Gather to the entirely new level with loads of fancy commands and making Gather more user-friendly! Be patient, and you will be rewarded! Stay tunned, and see you on #kag.gather! :D

fyi, KAG Gather NA (TBP - stands for The Blue Pill, a gaming site and provider of our server) is located on East Coast!

Bint, illu, Guitarman and 3 others like this.
  17. Sigismund

Sigismund Catapult Fodder

This sounds awesome, can't wait to try it out :D

18. All right, now we're all around the world! [user]lavalord[/user] is now hosting KAG Gather server for Australian part of the community! Hope to see you aussie fellas on #kag.gather! :D

Neither Australian nor North American server are not yet added to the bot, so if you want to play a gather there, just ignore the message with PM from bot and go to NA or Aussie server with your friends! But I'm assuring you that we'll be working on it to put those servers to the bot as soon as possible.

Bint likes this.
  19. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Yay! my Australian gather dreams can finally be fulfilled (haven't even played a gather match yet!) Aussies! get on the irc! :)

20. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

KAG gather is quite the success :), well done Tom

tmewett5 likes this.