1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action! Unlimited

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Rayne, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. MrIcarus

MrIcarus Arsonist
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

From my point of view, I think Markboy doesn't want to be assertive to the players because he actively wants to try and be nice to people. I do agree that he should be stricter on the rules, but I don't think we have to berate him for not being an asshole to players just because.

rocker2 and Alpaca like this.
  2. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

The only thing I follow when being an admin bus on the server is that I follow one rule.

1) Don't fuck with other admins and their decisions

If they ban some guy for some reason, cool, they can explain to the person why they were banned. If I see someone freeze someone, alright, that was your call and it was probably a good one.

icarus and i have the same amount of messages / posts, i think were brothers

rocker2, Alpaca and MrIcarus like this.
  3. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester

Ninja'd by Yagger, but I'll post this anyway:

May I jump in on this issue?

Admins of Action Unlimited,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!! do NOT intrude when another admin is dealing with someone. That includes freezing / muting / etc. There should only ever be one admin dealing with someone at a time. When there are multiple admins trying to solve a problem, more are usually created.

thebonesauce did what he thought was best to deal with the situation. I support that 100%. Markboy did not believe that it was the right choice /action to be taken and may have acted differently. That's fine too. What is not fine is that the disagreement was voiced openly. If he disagreed, that's ok. But openly (on the server) creating a rift between our server administrators opens a massive can of worms every time it happens.

I am going to suggest (not demand, but strongly suggest) that if you disagree with a decision / action taken by another admin, that you PM me and/or Rayne and the other party explaining why you felt the issue was not handled properly and what could have been done differently.

Again, to make this crystal clear, please do not argue with another admin about a situation that was, in your opinion, handled improperly. We can still be 'The server that tolerates no taurus dung' but we should at least be prepared to deal with it like good parents. (Don't let the kids see you argue)

Thanks for reading

thebonesauce, Alpaca, Radpipe and 2 others like this.
  4. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

i did, and i'll tell him to fuck off

UnnamedPlayer and Radpipe like this.
  5. Make sure you get ramen noodlez he likes those.

Alpaca likes this.
  6. Oximus

Oximus Arsonist

Im sure that if we give Markboy enough time he will eventually lose his soul and become bitter and hate society like the rest of us.

On the other hand.
    That works too.

UnnamedPlayer and Alpaca like this.
  7. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

oh, so many comments that I agree with,

1)
    me: *freeze griefer, ask griefer to explain actions, etc. etc. etc.*
    griefer: "bullshit bullshit bullshit I was totally griefing"
    Some1 w/ admin pwrz: *unfreezes griefer*
    griefer: *leaves server*
    me: "WHO THE FUCK DID THAT?!?!?!?! I WAS ABOUT TO BAN HIM"
    some1 w/ admin pwrz: "I wanted to see if he was actually griefing"
    me: *>_<*

The moral of this story is that, the holy rule of admining (at least for me), is don't mess with another admin's business.

2)
    I bet saucy does like ramen noodles, who doesn't?

3) lol oxi, that's what happened to me after i got admin here '-'

8. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

stop it people, useless posts here. everything is fine now, just keep posting some random shit like before

[​IMG]

9. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Okay. (link to random shit)

10. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

I SERIOUSLY need to stop clicking links posted on this forum

11. Vanguarde

Vanguarde 'Most Hated' 2013

When I admin on the server ( with a well known alt of course ) I am very fair and just. I only freeze people if they are griefing. I ban them if they continue griefing. I do not punish people for insulting me as I am above that kind of behavior as I do not give 2 fucks who insults me online as everyone online is government developed A.I. routines.

12. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I agree, Vanguarde, and all those government developed A.I. routines will, someday, be forced to use their real names online!

Contrary, UnnamedPlayer and Ej like this.
  13. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Just for the record, my scripting is prettier than all of yours.

14. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

15. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

This this this. I don't care that Markboy disagreed with my decision. It has happened countless times before... But when he openly questions me and my actions on the server it makes us look weak. It shows the players that we can't even keep our own shit straight, so what makes us think we can run a server? It just irritates me sometimes. I berated Kalikst on this issue a little while ago and since then he's been great.

16. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

Alright then, any more admins caught undermining any other admin's authority will temporarily/permanently (Up to the super admins' discretion) lose their administrative powers.

One and Guitarman like this.
  17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Barking up the wrong, tree, retarded, etc.

A cross is also a very offensive symbol yet it pervades almost every section of life. How many people did the Church kill that they didn't have to? Among the three Abrhamic beliefs Catholicism (Christianity basically included) are/were by far the worst, whereas Judaism and Islamic beliefs were actually quite open. The difference? People up play the Nazi's cause it was rather recent and the Germans lost the war so it seems everyone just won't let them live that shit down, Christians/Catholics however can spend tons in PR to make themselves seem like they were always givers and their god is a good god (unless you don't believe lol).

Also even mold can be symbolically offensive, the point of the matter is, what you take offense to is all in your frame of reference, your point of view, and often times it is heavily skewed.

So before you go wrecking someone's swastika, think twice.

Noburu, CoughDrop, Wolffkran and 3 others like this.
  18. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Also, mold, It just means that some people may like swastikas and hate crosses.

19. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

I find crosses highly offensive. I'm allergic to stupidity, and while there are a lot of religious people who are not absolute morons, any of those die hard followers has enough un-intelligence to send me into anaphylactic shock.

Guitarman and Ej like this.
  20. Vanguarde

Vanguarde 'Most Hated' 2013

Possibly! I am glad you seem to understand my humor.

No Admin should ever interfere with another admin. I never do it on this server when I use my alt who has admin powers on this server or any of the other servers I donate my time to to keep the play free of hackers and griefers.

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.