1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

WAR Mode, Full KAG and the fairly immediate future

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

No, a complete lack of comprehension of what these ridiculous suggestions are more likely, and probably also a musing of why they are occurring in this completely nekromanced thread.

feet, illu and Worm like this.
  2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

RIGHT, MY PRETTIES! NO MORE TALK ABOUT STUFF THAT'S NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO A VIDEO OR I WILL HAVE TO PUT ON MY CRANKY PANTS!

AnRK, AcidSeth, Aftermath and 3 others like this.
  3. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

I want to see a map that doesn't have middle island - naval battles :D

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Funny you should say that, the middle island was removed shortly after testing started because it made getting boats to the enemy much more difficult, which wasn't particularly fun, so uh, wish granted!

However, damn this topic is old :/ moving discussion to a newer topic would be a good idea.

5. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

Make a new blog post then. ;)
    fire

Guitarman likes this.
  6. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I'm eagerly awaiting that fire video :)

Classic likes this.
  7. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

im sorry for the question and im think yes but anyway, will be WAR a premium mode?

Grindle likes this.
  8. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Don't be sorry for asking questions! And yes it will be a premium mode.

9. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

It's been the "Immediate Future" for nearly 6 months now. The future is bland.

10. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Yeah with all the updates recently it doesn't seem like anything's happening, seriously what are they playing at?! Don't get me started on the whole rebuilding the engine thing so we get a really solid game, and one that we can build fucking shitloads of content on so the game lasts ages. What pricks, I mean taking about 9 months longer then they were going to, scraping by with hardly any cash because they wanted to do things properly, I wish they'd done what I gave them my very small amount of money to do and hack some fire and boats into an already bug filled engine with no real modding possibilities...

feet, Classic, delankski and 3 others like this.
  11. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

Hm...I'm not very good with scripting, code, or anything like that, but, could the devs release unfinished KAG 1.0 right now, and then update as time goes on? I mean, right now, the videos make it all look perfect to me. This way, people would be less irritated and stuff, and the devs could still work on it, and release updated clients.

IrishSmalls likes this.
  12. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Or, if WAR is not completed yet, a half release or something only giving out RTDM, which, judging by the video, appears to be complete. So while everybody joins gold RTDM servers to try out the new RTDM, you can keep working on other parts like fire, shops, bug fixes, etc. and people will not be as impatient because they now have 1.0 RTDM to amuse them while they wait for the rest.

Perhaps? Not likely to happen, but would stop people being so impatient :P

Ninja12 and Classic like this.
  13. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

It's more that you are asking for public test build, since a lot is being recoded because it wasn't fun.

Canadian98 likes this.
  14. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

You might have seen a video of RTDM, however that's no indication of the game being playable, that's just a filtered view of the game without seeing the bad gameplay elements that aren't balanced, glitches, bugs and crashes (pretty sure at one point you can see someone saying about their game crashing in the chat bar). Thing is the average gamer, or human being even, is a proper fickle cunt, and if they see something that's really unfinished it they'll rip it apart like a complete fucktard, despite the many disclaimers about it not been ready. We've already seen this with the current KAG, many a total cretin has complained about their beta game playing like a beta because of being severely brain damaged, and it's not something that's gonna give the release of what is a complete re-write of the game very good press if it isn't of a certain quality. Some people will take a very buggy alpha/beta release for what it actually is, but many more incredibly stupid fucks won't.

Anyway, this thread is starting to get really irrelevant to it's topic...

15. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Why don't devs release a Public Beta Version of it? differ from the version that we're having now?
    So we can help them fix the bugs ? Why don't they focus from one by one adding features for the game?
    Like having a new things for the game every week or every month? Instead of having a just full release for the game?

16. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Because the game has been built from the ground up once again, bugs still plague the development, Delankski. If, and I mean if, a public beta were to be released, then it would at least be logical for it to be in a more playable state than it is now. As it is, it's a closed testing group, which has been perfectly functional thus far.

In reference to adding things to the current game, not only does adding things to Classic require considerable effort, but there is a high likelyhood that changes such as additional features could very well screw up the build. Updating Classic to the full game was something that was previously intended (seen from the addition of zombies, water, kegs, etc.), and, arguably, the game was broken by those additions.

Rebuilding the game allows for a lot more flexibility in development, including the scripting aspect, which allows a lot more content to be implemented than by simply throwing bundles into the Classic mode as was previously the case.

illu and delankski like this.
  17. Classic

Classic Bison Rider

^ This.

I can't wait anymore, I bought the game to play and not to wait.

18. Hella

Ah, well, it's a shame that you can't play any kind of KAG until they've finished the full game, right?

Monsteri likes this.
  19. Classic

Classic Bison Rider

Yes, :/

I say this because I have waited a long time to play kag 1.0 or at least stay on top of updates, etc...
    the developers instead post usefull things they just post screenshots that promisse a thing but never fulfilled.

20. Hella

You say that as if they will never ever release 1.0; yes, they've made promises in the pasts which haven't come to fruition, but way back in the then they were akin to children playing with concepts that had, using their imaginations to create the wildest dreams. Even if we haven't gotten everything that they thought of nearly 2 years ago, it's still been a time that has been damn well worth the money spent.

I understand the apprehension about not having much released to sate your appetite for the future, but there's a lot of work going into various things as they make this game. Patience is key; that gets said a lot, but it's true in this situation. The full version will be released, in all it's glory, in time, and no-one can particularly hurry that process up.

Froghead48, Riflemancdr and Classic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.