1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

WAR Mode, Full KAG and the fairly immediate future

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Anyways, I'm not old to complain about the full release of KAG.
    Meaning there's so much time left for KAG to fix everything and make it awezsome :D
    I will just wait for it.
    For the meantime I'll just derp around servers.

It's a bad luck if the devs are old like a badazz grandma or grandpa.

2. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

I have been waiting since november 2011 for kag 1.0, which is longer than you have been around.

3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

After 1.0 is released, maybe peeps will be asking for the upcoming release, which, as usual, will have to be wonderful. Can you imagine the day when there will be no more updates from the devs? I believe we will have plenty of new things and releases from users and scripters with that script thingy, and devs will come up with other things, or even games, leaving KAG behind. As it happened to Sodlat, which, afaik, is no more being worked by MM, but there's a dev team making a new version, which might be out soon, and scripters or serious guys hosting good servers (Beo from Beos KAGserver for instance).
    Can you think of that day, when MM adn Geti say they're involved in other projets?

4. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Have you got any idea about how long game development actually takes, especially when for the most part only 2 guys are involved? I don't have any idea personally, however it's almost always a much longer process than people that get pissed off with what they think is a lack of updates think. They have posted at least 5 videos of the new version in past months, a few screenshots, and geti has been on the forums telling us what's happening with various bits of the game on many occasions. This isn't a AAA game made by a huge studio, you don't get a game being developed for ages with no insight into what's happening, then to get a shitstorm of trailers and other updates in the few months before release, geti/mm will just release little bits and pieces just for the sake of keeping us informed because they want to. It's generally only with these kinds of small indie games that you get treated to such updates during development anyway, but personally I think there have been a fair few and we've just got a bit spoilt and some of us now expect updates alot more often, and you also have to take into consideration that they don't wanna give every sodding detail of the game away before release.

5. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

That is actually very true. Game development does take a fairly long time, and that's just updating/adding new features. A complete re-write will take a pretty long time. I can wait, but the problem is the multitude who apparently cannot. Addressing you lot now, those who literally cannot wait any longer, go and design a game like this yourself. See how long it takes. Then complain about how long this takes.

Teerere likes this.
  6. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

It seems every time I make a post like that about hoe people should be patient due to not having a ridiculous frequency of updates one comes out the same day :B):

7. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

SlayerSean is saying right.
    It is impossible to recode a entire game in 2 months.
    It can take about a half of year.

There are so many features to recode : Poor dev's!
    Also I do not think moving KAG to Steam is a nice idea...

8. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I don't think we can possibly get a worse idiot/non-idiot ratio then we currently have, hopefully we will just have more players and therefore be able to have more server diversity so you can get a good game at last.

9. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

This is the main thing for me. More players, more servers, more modded game modes, etc. Also means a lower chance of being on a server with only 3 others.

10. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

Kag with steam is good its like tf2 all over again. It will get more new players to kag but likely to see more noobs (No offence) :p Kag will get more money which goes to the devs which might mean more cool updates and stuff. With Steam and 1.0, they all have their cons and pros but wait till we find out it will be a real journey through kag and some people aren't ready for that. But i know i am.

11. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

KAG On Steam.

YES.

12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Froghead48, Guitarman and Mazey like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.