1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ArL - Arthurian League

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Freddex, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 16th

16th Bison Rider

Well, that shit. We have a chance to not play with 300-400 pings, and not even know about it :(
    </br>--- merged: Mar 17, 2013 11:25 AM ---</br>
    Here it is! As u wish
    [​IMG]
    Hope u happy now

killatron46, vampo, Stevedog and 6 others like this.
  2. Surprsingly enough, it's not filled with grammar mistakes.

Did someone help you?

Canadian98 likes this.
  3. 16th

16th Bison Rider

Nah it's pretty simple sentence. I handled myself. You should not be angry at me for bad English. In school we studied the AK-47 instead.

vampo, Stevedog, zollie20 and 6 others like this.
  4. Cpa3y

Cpa3y Shark Slayer

Let me quote this again.
    And then Freddex have confirmed that this wasn't against rules. So I didn't saw any choice for me and don't see it now.

5. 16th:
    Yeah. I don't know why you guys didn't notice it, it maybe the language barrier, but yeah we gave you a choice :(

6. 16th

16th Bison Rider

This proposal was not clear. You had to ask Cpa3y whether Faith can play with such high pings, and if not then propose a US server.

7. Freddex

Freddex Haxor

So, 3:1 it was? Sorry, wrong info I got there.
    And, to confirm, I by then didn't think the problem with the ping would be this bad. It then turned out it was.

Domis likes this.
  8. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Please stop your bitching, you consented to it Cpa3y. We were also very prepared to go play on a syberia server when you said thats what you were going to do, you could have done that, but from what I understand you din't choose I syberia server, because the rest of your players aren't close enough. also i'd like to point out that merc this last round had the same ping that we had when we played EU matches. I can show screen shots if you like. therfore NA -> AUS = NA -> EU otherwise I think the solution is bann all the servers :P because we had multiple people over 400 ping

Karpovich likes this.
  9. 16th

16th Bison Rider

Nah we don giv a shit about all dat. Dont start new срач.

10. Cpa3y

Cpa3y Shark Slayer

1. I'm not 16th and only talking about that we hadn't choise.
    2. I consented to it because it was your home match
    3. Syberian server was a joke as I said early
    4. We could easily host server in Moscow ang get at least 3 players without latency(almost) but we didn't.
    5. I don't care about pings. And I was silent until Symph said about choice.

11. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

So here you guy, why are these pings unacceptable for everyone else, but we have to deal with it? Yes we have a player with 66 ping in like two of those matches, so we should be discounted for that? You guys can get players in all regions as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the first one ream disconeected, he was back in the second picture but stayed in spec, I swapped with symph.
    --
    Here are my suggestions:
    allow
    NA -> AUS and NA -> EU but not AUS <-> EU
    or change the home away system so it must be the same players or players with similar ping for both matches.

Alright well that's good enough, make a moscow server next time we want to fight you where you are best. We played on some of your russian FAITH server's briefly it was pretty fun. If you consented to it because it was our home match you consented to it. We feel the same way, you can have whatever server you like as well. We don't care about ping either, but we are tired about people bitching how terrible the ping is and how they can't do it when we have ping issues as well, we don't have perfect ping like everyone seems to believe.

Karpovich likes this.
  12. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

Nah NA to EU is not the same as NA to AUS.
    My ping on EU when I was in Canada was like 166 usually, while my ping on Australian servers are 266.
    Now I'm in France, and my ping in US beats my ping in Australia by a TON.

Edit:
    Btw this message is directed to Verra's previous message. And when I posted this, Verra's post to Cpa3y was last

Guitarman likes this.
  13. Verrazano

Yes but not everyone has the same ping as you in NA if you have noticed.
    [​IMG]
    this is from last nights game. looks awfully similar doesn't it?
    [​IMG]
    another, huh that ping kinda looks like matches we played in EU don't it? xD

14. Freddex

Freddex Haxor

I don't see what you are trying to prove. The only relevant pings, the ones from EU to AUS, are not displayed here.
    It is a well known fact that EU to NA and vice versa mostly resembles to something around 200 ping, and that AUS to NA is pretty similar, while AUS to EU gets you something around 400 ping.
    My personal scale of ping:
    0 - 100 : Normal game, lag barely noticable.
    100 - 200: Slight lag, small disadvantage.
    200 - 300: Kinda less fun, more teleporting.
    300 - 400: Close to unplayable.

So, we want to avoid that ANYONE has to play in the 300-400 range. If you pick an Australian server for a match vs. an European team though, you force them to play there. And completely throw that "Get more international members" argument away. Not everyone has a clan of the same style that POWER does, and both ways are fine. Just find a middle ground instead of forcing change on others.
    Therefore, I filtered out the only constructive part of your post:
    That makes sense and I agree to it. I'll add according rules for the next season.

Domis likes this.
  15. 300-400 is close to unplayable?
    Ask symphony his ideals on ping, he'll tell you that 3000 is kinda more fun, extra teleporting.

16. Freddex

Freddex Haxor

I know about Symph, but that is an exception to the rule, which does not disprove the fact that most people hate playing with that ping. They're not used to it and it feels unfair since stuff is teleporting (including bombs) and slash timing is non-existant. Equally frustrating for the builder who can only slowly place blocks.

Domis likes this.
  17. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Yes, 300-400 is even more than close to unplayable. Don't take Symph as an argument, he lag everywhere.

justi01 likes this.
  18. Eh, I find 500 is close to unplayable. 300 is when you take a bomb and slash whilst throwing for sweet quadruplekills and complaining.

19. Cpa3y

Cpa3y Shark Slayer

It is not related to ArL: All our servers hosted in Germany. And I know only one server hosted in Russia. This is 'Soviet Russia' and Faith is not related to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.