1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

It’s Official - KAG’s coming to Steam!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by VanHuek, Mar 17, 2013.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Saoblol, let me clarify.
    When you purchase the game on this site here (The "buy" option on the main page). You will add that to your account now and you will have premuim, you wont need to re-add the key into steam because when kag hits the steam market, it will obviously analise your account to see if your a paid user or not.

So you wont have to re-enter your key into steam, the devs will have made it simply to use. THANKS DEVS! ;)

2. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

The question he is asking is can he get the game now but have it on Steam when it comes out: it is possible but not certain so if you are adamant you want it on Steam perhaps the best thing to do, for now, is to wait until we get official confirmation of all the details.

3. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

YES.

Source on that statement? How would the devs know what your Steam account is?

delankski likes this.
  4. Saoblol

Saoblol Catapult Fodder

Source?

5. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Ilaks please note it has not been confirmed if it is possible and if you buy the game now you won't need to 'auth' it with Steam, so Tj is correct in that regard.

6. ilaks

It states pretty clearly (to me atleast) that once it's out on Steam, if you already own the game, you won't have to repurchase it; meaning there will be some kind of way to add it to your library.

7. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Wait I read this
    Untitled.jpg

8. Saoblol

Saoblol Catapult Fodder

To me, #1 reads like:

"Diablo 3 is now available on Steam! You won't have to repurchase it, you can now play it by either loggin in with you battle.net account OR your Steam account!" - but it does not say that you can take the D3 key from battle.net and add it to Steam, only that you will be able to access the game via one of the two ways.

(that example is of course fictional)

9. ilaks

I've already answered your question. It's up to you if you belive me or not.

10. Saoblol

Saoblol Catapult Fodder

And I will wait for an official confirmation and not rely on an assumption.

11. ilaks

If #1 and Delankskis screenshot isn't enough for you, I don't know what will..

delankski likes this.
  12. Saoblol

Saoblol Catapult Fodder

The youtube comment is indeed assuring, the blog post however is not IMO.

13. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

If you ONLY Buy (or Bought) the game then you will get the steam code.
    That's what I saw on a thread here at KAG Forum. Actually Geti said that (Idk ,I really saw that post).
    And I forgot the name of that thread. :\

14. mtorromeo

mtorromeo Builder Stabber

Great news!
    I only have one question: Is linux going to be a supported platform on steam?

15. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

if release will support modding, will KAG be involved with Steam Workshop?

didnt expect it answered so quickly

16. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

steam is not compatible with linux (i think).
    Unless if wine can run steam .
    edit: wait its compatible ! haha nooby meh.
    maybe you can run it! cause linux can run anything.
    edit again: sorry i didnt know that linux is supported on steam. KAG was released on 3 platforms, Windows. Linux. OS X. surely, the devs will support steam linux.
    i really dun know about steam linux for my whole life! I'm derp.

17. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Ofc it's possible https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steam_under_Linux
    Anyways, I like it, give no shit about new community, we'll find eachother if we want.

:')

18. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

This is awesome! :D

19. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Great marketing idea.

Awesome

A whole lot of new players are coming our way.

20. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Okay so I think its about time things got cleared up regarding steam keys:
    1. You don't need steam to play kag so anyone that's bought kag will be able to play it the same way they've always played it
    2. We *want* to give everyone that's already bought it a steam key. However, we haven't had this confirmed by steam yet and therefore are not making promises that we could fall short off. That said, we're optimistic that this will be possible and we'll let folks know once we have confirmation one way or the other.

FuzzyBlueBaron and VanHuek like this.