1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Things you may not know about Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Auri, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

That's quite much already said t0rch.

2. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

Oh. I'll delete it.

3. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

37. You can experiment with charge attacks for maximum skill potential. For example, i've discovered that pulling off the double slash is actually much more flexible than what you'd expect. If you charge up your first hit, slash, then hold down your button for a little and let go again you can often perform a second charged slash literally close to 2 seconds after the first one. I like to call this delay slash. Why? You can put in your first slash with a fair and safe distance from your enemy, the delay between the first and second slash allows you to move in and get fairly close but still a reasonably safe distance, once you're at the perfect spot, you can then let go and pull off the fully charged slash instantly, guaranteeing the hit. Not only that but since most of the time the enemy expects the second slash to come straight after the first, they think you've failed to pull off the second charged attack and come closer to you, allowing to whup it right into their face. Using this also allows you to pull off another charge attack not long afterwards, like some delayed yet continuous slashing movement. But i'm likely to be getting into exploit territory now.

4. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

38. You can hold four bombs (3 equipped one unequipped). You can pick up dropped bombs with the C key after you have full equipped bombs.

5. Neat

39. If you want to suicide without dropping a bomb, drop all your bombs as loot (helps your knight friends out too) and then suicide with F+E

illu likes this.
  6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

40. Watch out for teammates that throw a bomb and then die - the bomb will kill you too. (BUG)

7. Nanaa

Nanaa Shipwright

Edit: this has been patched, doesnt work anymore

WARNING! THE FOLLOWING TIP MAY LIKELY BE CONSIDERED AS AN EXPLOIT! USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    ...tho it's the one of the most epic things in kag. Sadly, when I shout it loud here, it will propably be fixed :(

41. You can "levitate" like a boss with knights. :B): You just need one teammate who's knight to help out in this trick. Tell your teammate to stay still and hold shield upwards. Go right next to him, shield upwards too and move your knight to the exact spot as he is. When your knight sprites are stacked, you begin to levitate upwards. It's an extremely useful way to get on high cliffs and enemy walls when no builders are around. Personally, I captured once the enemy flag and it was thrilling to shake off the chasers by pulling off this trick! :p

8. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

41 should become an official part of the game. It's really an exploit, but it would be cool if stacking knights like that produced a sort of "glow" and they started floating up ;D

9. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

It may be an exploit but it's not certain to happen, I've tried many a time with people knowledgeable about this bug and it doesn't work.

10. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Valkyrie, it does work. Still it's is very unlikely to happen in a random public match since your partner really has to know what he is doing and it takes some tries. Also it's easier if you do it at a straight vertical wall. (Me and some other guy managed to float up ~10-14 blocks.)

11. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

I can't see that happening as I've just tried it with a very responsive player and we couldn't get anywhere apart from 2-3 blocks up.

12. Eric_Rommel

Eric_Rommel Catapult Fodder

37. When enemy is attacking your wall and your door is above them then open the door and jump on them they can do a lot of damange.

13. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

38. (This goes for all classes) NEVER open a door when the enemy is attacking. Use a different exit.

14. lehoon

lehoon King

I disagree. If I see a knight attacking the door to my outpost, I switch to knight and walk/shield against them past the door so that they can't pass through or damage the gate anymore. Since I'm shielded and he's taking jabs, he won't be grounded, making him easily mobile for a sec. Then I put a woopin' on his ass.

EDIT: I'd say you can effectively/safely pull this off when there are 2 knights at your door. 3 might be a gamble.

illu, Valkyrie and Neat like this.
  15. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Shield Techniques. These were referred to in previous posts but not explained.
    39. Shield Smash: When falling from a great height, shield down to afford you some protection from enemy attacks, but more importantly to allow you to perform a Headstomp with greater efficacy. Shield Smashes will not stun you on impact, only your enemy, and they have the potential to hit multiple times, dealing great damage. Shield Smashes have been known to kill players at full health. In cases where it is not a kill, Shield Smashes consistently stun long enough to allow you to jab, a guaranteed combo.

Effective in combination with wallslides or other quick downwards movements. For example if you are ascended a great ladder and are pursued by enemies, jump off to the side then move back into the ladder, you will keep momentum and hit any enemies below you on the ladders, causing them to fall to their deaths, or at least the bottom of the ladder. Collision will often absorb all of your momentum, allowing you to continue your ascent with little mishap.

Shield Smashes are also useful for forcing people into pits they are teetering on, even weak aerial downward aerial shield are effective at slamming enemies into spike pits.

You will generally want to Shield Smash rather than Headstomp in all instances, except if you are trying to Mario Stomp while charging your sword, to allow a Stomp -> Slash combo.

40. Shield Bash: When in mid air you can shield to the left or right (and sometimes up) to enter a state of Shield Bash. It will look like normal shielding, and you will retain all normal protective properties, but if the hitbox of your shield collides with an enemy, they will suffer a paralyzing stun that will prevent them from doing anything and will last until several seconds after they have hit the ground. In addition, depending on how you perform the bash, they may be launched a great distance horizontally and/or vertically.

Your momentum is considered into how far your enemy is bashed, so consider the state of your jump at the point of collision. Bashing an enemy in the middle of the upwards portion of your jump generally yields the most dramatic results. The magnitude of the bash is greatly affected by whether your opponent is midair or not.

Take note that the actual bash does no damage, use it to hit the enemy into obstacles (spikes, off cliffs) use it to stun enemeis to allow sword followups, use it to give you breathing room or put the enemy in a bad position. As Neat said this is a useful interrupt against Slash charging, being that it is a very swift move.

Another useful application of Shield Bashing is to shutdown aggressive archers. A common tactic among seasoned archers is to fire arrows at close range, using a fine mix of arrows, Headstomps, and bravado to hurt you. One of the cornerstones of this playstyle is to confuse knights by jumping over them or jumping on their heads, firing as they do so. You have a limited ability to attack upwards, and such tactics can occasionally cause you annoyance. As an enemy archer approaches you, do a shield bash and he will by caught in midair and he will be stunned powerfully and fall only a short distance from you, allowing you to ravage him with your sword.

You cannot use your sword while operating a catapult, but you may use your shield. Shield bashing while staying within the area of the catapult will allow you to remain in firing mode. Protect yourself by bashing enemies away while continuing your siege. A good combo is to shield bash an enemy then rain rocks down on his head.

41. Shield Boost: Aim your shield upwards to allow allies to step on it, allowing you to boost them up to higher places. Take note that this works even while midair, so jumping up and down while shielding up will make you an effective ladder for allies.

When an ally lands on your upwards facing shield, he takes no fall damage regardless of the height. Use this to soften your teammate's landing.

Not bomb related:

42. You can use your sword and shield while cooking a bomb. Do not be passive, do whatever you can to defend yourself until you are ready to throw. The triple threat of sword, shield, and bomb is dangerous to any enemy.

FuzzyBlueBaron, Neat and Monsteri like this.
  16. Neat

Contrary, not all of that is true.

Using shield down to bash your enemy does stun you from a very great height, but using it does allow you to drop from greater heights than normal without getting stunned. There's still a limit where you will get stunned upon landing though.

I also don't think an ally will take no damage from your upwards facing shield if the fall is extremely high, but I admit I haven't tested this one.

The rest is all very decent stuff, that a seasoned knight should be using all the time. (still practicing being active while holding a bomb, my mind can't multitask very well!)

17. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Really? I didn't know that. As you know I am more of an archer, I will defer to you on that.

I haven't exactly done hard testing but I remember from attempting to do it with people jumping off sky bridges I think it works.

18. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

I haven't seen it being done often, so I'll mention it here:
    If there already is a 1 block wide gap in a wall, you can jump into the gap and shield up.
    You won't move from the spot and thus allow builders/other knights to continue working on a way up.

19. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

If you come to a long drawbridge at the same time as a group of enemies, you can shield-bash your way all along the top of them without setting off. This is especially effective when there is a mix of knights and archers coming at you, as there'll be some knights lagging a tiny amount behind while they charge their attacks, and the archers will often sit in the doorway that is invariably at the other end, allowing you to get inside their building. If the other knights turn around to get you, the entrance is usually built in your favour. Best part is, that even if you make a mistake while shield-bashing your way along the top, you'll just fall into what is probably a spike pit, along with all the other guys on the bridge!:p

EDIT: I couldn't see this mentioned, so I'll say it.
    You can not only use the slash to get through (sometimes ridiculously) narrow gaps, but can also use it to hit through them. Great for preventing builders from breaking through stone walls.

Neat, FuzzyBlueBaron and lehoon like this.
  20. Thiel

Thiel KAG Guard Tester

43. Once a knight helped you up a tile you can immideatly return the favor, just shield up and slowly slide off the side of the block, without actually falling off. If done properly your teammate(s) can jump trough you as if you're a ladder.