1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about bomb jumping?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SUKIDESUYO, Nov 25, 2012.

?

How do you feel about bomb jumping?

1. I love it.

160 vote(s)
    87.0%
  2. I hate it.

24 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

then go builder, get some wood, make an arrow shop and then buy arrows from that. its faster more helpful and you can give your wood to another builder to help them

2. Azuroth

Azuroth Builder Stabber
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

Its really nice bomb jumping gives advantage to knights in getting flags although it may be hard to learn it (not for me).:p Shows how a noob knight could look badass.

3. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Personally, I find bomb-jumping awesome! In CTF, as contrary said, most people are simply wasting useful bombs, however in RTDM they are the pinnacle of fun. :D

Also as Rayne said
    ^^This also 25252525

Besides knight are pretty helpless when it comes to mobility, therefore bomb-jumping allows flight! It's just too awesome a thing to remove.

4. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Except when on unlimited lives servers, where structures are worth way more than lives or kills. Well placed bombs can destroy towers, and a bomb jump can get you free positioning for that. And sometimes, that archer just needs a well placed dropkick to the face.

zollie20 likes this.
  5. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

if the tower is made well, you can do approximately 1 extra bomb's worth of damage, assuming there is no same-skill-level knight there waiting for you. basically i fully agree with contrary. if you are good enough to be massacring every enemies with bombjumping and maybe capture the flag, you were probably going to just drain the tickets without it. one way is very exciting, for both teams, the other is very boring, for both teams.

as previously stated, skilled archers are an excellent counter to bombjumpers. more consistent and more common, a skilled knight is a perfect counter to bombjumpers. that's pretty much how i got good at knight. whenever i saw a bombjumper on the enemy team, i would start camping inside my walls and kill him when he lands, over and over. ensuring he did little to no damage. and since most of the people who bomb jump are pretty decent knights, this meant i was 1v1ing skilled knights consistently.

it's been argued in this thread that knights are op against archers, and that any "good knight should never take a hit from an Archer". well as a knight, i am a threat to even the best knights in this game and i find knight vs archer very frustrating. without bombs it is impossible unless the archer feeds their self to you. there are times where even retreating to get bombs is impossible because the archer keeps the arrows flying and you can't jump without letting down your shield. even with bombs the best archers are a serious threat to the best knights. there are archers that are very good at dodging bombs and bomb jumping is the only way to get close enough to these archers to do anything about it. and even then, it's usually the same archers who are good at shooting down bombjumpers. so if you're frustrated as archer, either learn to use your knights as a support barrier, or just learn to dodge better.

6. FKYOU

FKYOU Catapult Fodder

i love bom jumping ! you can get over wals , out of traps and other cool things without bom jumping its boring to be a knight ! knights just need to bom jump!

7. Shadza

Shadza Knightmare Donator

What the beauty moment when you kill someone while you bombjumped <3

Guitarman, Varion and vampo like this.
  8. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

100th Vote For Yes!
    I prefer builder most of the time, but the only thing that makes me go on knight most of the time is bombs. I love bomb jumping off a super duper tall tower and landing in an enemy base, grabbing the flag and killing several builders as I leave. If I was without those experiences I'd just go builder all the time.
    How I feel about bomb jumping?
    :heart: :heart::heart:

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Bombjumping is great if you know how to use it effectively and know more then one jump style, especially if the opposite team has a bunch of archers camping in a tower or builders stopping you from pushing forward.

All we knights can do in these builds is bombjump, its too dangerous to go onto the battlefeild and get wasted by archers shooting through shields and builders spamming their hammer on your shield but still dealing damage, we have to resort to bombjumping and risking fallin to death to kill a bunch of campers in the tower your aiming for.

Bombjumping is cool in my opinion because it gives us knights an advantage over all the other classes in the air, while the knight class being the weakest of all classes at the moment.

Conquerer likes this.
  10. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

Refrain from spamming emotes. You have no discernible point to make, so either don't post, or at least think before you do. If you're new (which it appears you are, 1 post count), please visit the beginner's box, accessible via the main forum page. Thanks.

11. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

My eyes. My poor, poor eyes. Die post.

{edit}
    The post zollie & I are talking about was deleted. It was horrible. If you're curious, here is a screenshot. You were warned.

blukey, zollie20, Guitarman and 5 others like this.
  12. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

every bombjump costs them 10 coins.
    every death costs them 20 - 50 coins average.
    if they die thrice, they won't be able to bombjump, because they have by then spent all of their money on bombs.
    I think its more efficient to just build a little wall to stop them.
    lets see what they will do about a little linepiece. in midair.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  13. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I just want to be able to bomb jump with my laggy connection.

14. eamono

eamono Arsonist

i love bombjumping in current KAG but it feels redundant alongside the cata

In the RTDM video it looks like the boost given from bombjumping has been reduced (alot)

Gofio likes this.
  15. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

what the fuck?
    Knights and archer have the same jumping height, the same speed, the same vaults, and the same climbing speed.
    The knight can slash to boost himself up one more block.
    He can also glide, which can get him three times as far as a normal jump would, and at least ten times if he uses a bomb.
    His shield can be used for laddering, and a skilled bunch of knights can even use the bottom of another crouching knight to climb up, so no one is left behind.
    They also don't slow down when they jab, and an archer has to load his arrow before he can shoot it.
    The archer can climb trees and arrows.
    Who is the mobile class, I ask?

arcanecat likes this.
  16. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Knights are like tanks, as long as that tank can shoot at the ground and go flying, jump off a cliff and start gliding, and can form a tank ladder with other tanks.

now that i think about knights aren't really like tanks...

Contrary and Arcite like this.
  17. I think you've just answered yourself.

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  18. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

yup.

Knight

19. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Sure bomb jumping's fun most of the time, but it ruins the idea of a siege, instead of grabbing some catas, and charging the base you can just bomb jump over the tower grab the flag and bomb jump back. Pretty dull honestly.

20. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I think the solution is obvious, bomb jumps send you to the moon

but if you get a spacesuit you could do a siege from the moon