1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

It’s Official - KAG’s coming to Steam!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by VanHuek, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Shad looks like MM has actually confirmed it on yt (see screenshot above), maybe he's heard something we haven't, or is just more optimistic. I think valve have done things like that in the past so I'm fairly confident we'll be able to distribute keys for steam, but I haven't heard back from them yet.

@Everyone cheers for the support :)

2. Classic

Classic Bison Rider

Hopefully arrive as soon possible! :D

3. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Got a question, if you already paid for KAG, would your gold account still work on the steam downloaded version, or would you have to stick with no steam?.

4. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

5. eamono

eamono Arsonist

This is something geti said when Steam info was leaked

what does this mean?

6. Ala-Gold

Ala-Gold Drill Rusher

Aw yeah. KAG is finally coming to Steam (I can honestly say I never expected this). Quick question, though: for those who are having trouble with KAG (i.e. running the game, random crashes, etc.), and this may sound stupid to those who know, will the game coming onto Steam fix any of the aforementioned errors (you know, what with it having to be stable and all)?

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It relates to that thread, not this thread :)
    Depends what the issue is caused by. The random crashes should be decreased at least, but issues with running the game related to hardware compatibility issues and whatnot can't really be fixed without specific debugging information and/or access to the machine having troubles.

8. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

>used steam with kag before kag + steam was ever uttered XD
    yu guyz slow as ever XD

9. Ala-Gold

Ala-Gold Drill Rusher

Ok, thanks. :)

10. eamono

eamono Arsonist

sounds like someone avoiding the questions :D jkjk

Will KAG classic be available on steam as a F2P game as well? how about account integration, will i be able to merge KAG account and steam account?

11. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

I am guessing 'KAG Steam' will have a separate sign on for when you launch it to use your KAG account, rather than Steam.

12. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Will the game be released on steam after KAG 1.0 is released?

And I have another question. What happens if someone gave you Kag?

Steam is now officially on Linux.

13. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I'd assume that, provided you have a premium account, then you will still have a premium account when it comes to KAG 1.0. If you own an account, then it won't be snatched away from you when KAG reaches it's next stafe.

Force likes this.
  14. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I think the code is more for the actual launcher then for your account. So when you enter the code on steam it will give you access to the kag 1.0 launcher. Don't quote me on this, just an assumption

Force likes this.
  15. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

The code you give will be linked to your account and will allow you to make an account. If everyone is given a steam code if they have already bought it I don't know to be honest.

Force likes this.
  16. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

What, so we need to make new accounts?

17. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

No

18. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

They will give us codes to activate KAG on steam [Full Members only], and we can play KAG on steam (officially).
    (That's what I know)
    I think it will link our KAG Account > Steam Acct.

19. Glenfield

Glenfield Builder Stabber

Will I still be able to have the Username I have now when I link the two together or will it change it to my steam name when I play KAG through steam? Sorry if that was a stupid question. :QQ:

20. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Same username and everything. Think about it this way. Its basically like launching Kag through steam. Same launcher and everything, just through steam. You still have to login with a Kag account, its just launched by steam.