1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Australian RTDM Server - {Back up - 03/05/16}

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by kaizokuroof, Nov 17, 2012.

Mods: jackitch
  1. thesnake7422

thesnake7422 Shopkeep Stealer

why is there unlimted lifes on the server?

2. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

It's a new feature implemented by Kaizo and Lava; it brings back some old ctf memories (where it was all about the flag capping), and it discourages camping.
    That's my take on it, anyway, and I think it's a good addition.

kaizokuroof and Ruleral like this.
  3. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Server is having a hissy fit :3 Hopefully be back soon :3
    </br>--- merged: Apr 4, 2013 10:34 PM ---</br>
    Hi Guys, we're back online, sorry for the delay, but it's for the greater good of the server and our future servers. We've now migrated over to, two servers costing me less providing you a better redundant setup :) I did run into a snag but spent the better half of my morning not sleeping so I could get it running for you guys. <3

I did however, not manage to get some cool new features (that I will not disclose) setup, just yet. But rest assured by the end of today (fingers crossed) we'll have some if not all of them implememented, failing that (because we all know how KAiOzkUROOF is with timeframes) I'll have it done by the weekend.

For funsies/testing purposes the server is now at 64 slots, so lets see some carnage! This will be changing soon, I just want to see what kind of resources the server uses under pressure, if it's getting unbearably laggy and what not, PLEASE let me know and I'll reajust the player count and stress test another way.

Once again, appreciate your patience, I've had lots of people hassle me to get this running and I apologise for taking so long! May you be saved from the bomb spam :D

Happy kagging,

Kaizokuroof.

PS I might add that the RTDM server is now up again, with SOME features that you RTDM fiends might like, so check it out and be sure to <3 Master4523 for all his help.

4. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

Oh man I've been waiting for a reprieve from the bomb spam for soooo long ;-;
    This is gonna be great, thanks again Kaizo!

5. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

He forgot to mention how he failed and lava had to pick up the broken pieces that is the Debian OS.

soulrealm, zollie20 and Canadian98 like this.
  6. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

Ouch... looks like AUS CTF took a massive hit from RAVE CTF... :/

arcanecat likes this.
  7. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Not really, generally the population just depends on who joins which server first.

soulrealm and zollie20 like this.
  8. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

I guess so, but I like RAVE CTF's 10c bombs because then I can get twice the amount of practice with bombs (provided that I don't have to use my Lagscalibur)!

arcanecat likes this.
  9. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

10c bombs = bomb spam = impossible to build

also, symphony is the only owner of lagscalibur.

10. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

Nop, he's teaching others now :D

11. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

but like, king arthur cant teach excalibur ;-;

12. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

*handing out cloned Lagscaliburs
    You knew what I meant x)

soulrealm and Canadian98 like this.
  13. lavalord

@Kaizokuroof MB borked totally now, so I have to find a new one. Also I don't really like the unlim thing but w/e.

soulrealm likes this.
  14. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

I'm confused? Borked? Find a new one? :huh?: (I don't want to look like an idiot but yeah...)

15. lavalord

It is unrelated to the server.

16. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

borked= mispelling of broked, i presume. And used in that way purposely.

17. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Oh okay!

dammit, looked like an idiot......

18. lavalord

Silly zolle, borked is a word but I am using it in a colloquial way. Broked however is not a word.

soulrealm likes this.
  19. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

Well I meant it as in 'broked' like people use 'wronger', purposely but wrongly. But it's a word, so derp :D

BeasterDenBeast likes this.
  20. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Alright Australian CTF Kaggers, some recent changes have gone through, I will explain what has happened and why we were down for so long.

Server was down, due to migration to our new servers! That's right, two new servers! We have a new mumble server hosted here: http://i.imgur.com/pvHobRU.png

IP : Port 125.63.51.152:64738 //VanHuek

New channel organisation and stored on a separate server so as to not effect the CTF in any way :D (not that it was really hurting before)

We now host the BC FlatMap CTF hosted in Cali, it's probably one of the only other servers (outside of Australia) that will give you *playable* ping, so if you happen to be playing on it and notice problems, be sure to let us know. This server is also for international clan wars, so if your clan is wanting to challenge some of those tough murican clans, be sure to message their leader, with me invited requesting I host it and I'll set it up exactly how you want it :)

The Australian CTF Server, now has kill streaks. Currently it's only to 5 kills, but I hope to add in more when I get some time to look into the script. Some ideas that I've thought of and or thrown around, that may or may not be possible.

Class specific sprees

Knight:
    - Sword Spree (5 X kills with sword in a row)
    - Slice n Dice (10 x kills with sword in a row)
    - The slash mastah (15 x kills with sword in row)

- Bomb Spree (5 x kills with bombs in a row)

Archer:
    - Sniper Spree (5 X kills with Arrows in a row)
    - Sharpshooter (10 X kills with arrows in a row)
    - Be the arrow (15 X kills with arrows)

Builder
    - Hammer time (5 x Kills with hammer in a row)
    - Dream Crusher (10 x kills with hammer in row)
    - Demolisher (15 x Kills with hammer)

All classes spree

Stomp Spree (5 x kills by landing on the player)
    Senti Spree (10 x kills with cata in a row)
    5 X kills of any kind - Killing spree
    10 X kills of any kind - Rampage
    15 - Running Riot
    20 - Rampage
    25 - Untouchable
    30 - Invincible

I'll look into shutdowns as well, so if you'e on a spree and you're killed, you get "shutdown" which should add some extra sauce to all your gloating needs.

Except you didn't do anything and I fixed the problem so :bird:

pls lava, fix pc! With regards to unlim lives, I can agree it was fun for a change though, I'm sure people would agree. I'll most likely change it back to units tonight.

VanHuek, Ruleral, XyellowX and 2 others like this.
Mods: jackitch