1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Read this first! Example of a BAD thread

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by killatron46, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

This our technique is best.

screen-13-04-06-13-56-38.png

Quarters must be built effective.

Attached Files:

I3lue, blukey, Beef and 8 others like this.
  2. looks very good but its not very good against many bombs and catapults, i improved it four u:
    asdf.PNG

its for not noob only bcuz they die on spikes on the door

I3lue, Force, Beef and 4 others like this.
  3. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Okay I added V2:

screen-13-04-06-14-33-51.png

I added more bridges and spikes + what you had at the bottom because yours is better like that.

I3lue, Beef and jerloch like this.
  4. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Two bombs and that thing is going down (if you don't have a spike pit in front).

I3lue, killatron46 and kl4060 like this.
  5. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

And second one kills your team

I3lue and killatron46 like this.
  6. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

resource heavy and it kills team and it waste resource and its pretty useless and its week to bombs.

I3lue and killatron46 like this.
  7. -_-

Ignorant peasants always roam the builder section.

1: His section post is obviously troll/satire or whatever you want to call it.
    2: If you inexperienced noob builders (am I refering to you, sir?) do not study the mechanisms of the bridge spams carefully, you will never succeed in becoming a top tier builder. Learn to evaluate.

Sure the bridge spam at the top provides an insta-death for any bomb-jumper that's unfortunate enough to land in it...(yes guys study your spikes and bridges more, you hit the spike before you deactivate the bridge, and you can't control your bomb-jumping-flight very well).

But considering the cost of wood, you rather just line it with notches and spikes or just spikes on a wall. They should die from rebounding off the spikes and landing hard due to gravity. Also you need not elevate the quarters, its a waste of a few wood. It's a quarters not a bomb shop gees...

Other than that, adding a bomb chute 2 or 3 deep preferably to the first tower will improve the front much more. Give the tower a bit of back wall to decrease the complaints about being able to bomb this. (You can bomb anything that doesn't cost a lot in resource or time.)

And Ej's tower's actually pretty bad. The collapse is useless because you have a spike pit. I can spam arrows through the gaps and fuck up your bomb workshop. I can still throw bombs into your kneecapper that isn't really a kneecapper anymore due to the awkward angles and the unsurprisingly limited amount of archers that will use it. At least two of the spikes underneath the overhang are useless. Your collapsible doesn't collapse in 1 hit and I can still bomb it from the ground. A catapult will murder people standing behind your so-called anti-bomb-jump wall. The crappy angle of archer holes through the overhang will never be used, and even if, will be useless. I'm also pretty sure, your tower will get bombed through the middle as people repetitively leave doors open or fall to their respectable 1/2 heart damage death from the back of the tower, as there are no trap bridges that allow players to back up fast enough without taking damage. Now do not answer to any of these above criticism if you cannot answer all of them successfully, they are, in a way just constructive criticism even though I may sound a bit harsh.

Hi. Bye. Don't reply if you tl;dr.

I3lue, arcanecat and DubstepMonkey like this.
  8. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

I make better:
    screen-13-04-07-15-08-59.png
    Please critique it and I make better(hopfully)

I3lue and Beef like this.
  9. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

WARNING SILLY POST!

bitch please
    Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 4.08.42 PM.png

rocker2, I3lue, Guitarman and 3 others like this.
  10. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

those structure are bad, no ground door

Beef and kl4060 like this.
  11. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

I know this is like the insane fun thread.

12. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

I will take that into my considation when bilding my next tower kl. thank u very mutch. lots of spike and trap door and ground team door good, OK?

I3lue, Beef and kl4060 like this.
  13. Hello people, using this thead, I will explain how NOT to use this forum.
    Starting with the first post, we will take a look at all of them and explain why they are bad:
    1. As you can see, killatron posted a horrible structure. That doesn't matter. What matters is, he didn't say anything about the structure, didn't describe its purpose and why it's more help than halp.
    2. I (Ej) replied to this thread, claiming that I improved this design. Whether it's improved or not, is not relevant (it's shit though). The point is: I didn't say anything about my structure either. I made a couple of changes but didn't explain the reasoning behind them. You shouldn't do it.
    3. Then we have a couple of posts stating obvious stuff like "oh its bad and dies to bombs". What is wrong about those posts is: they aren't thought well (if they had been, they wouldn't look like their authors were succesfully trolled) and, what is also relevant to posts of mine and killatron, they provide almost zero feedback, the author of the structures wouldn't know what he exactly did wrong, only "bombs can bring it down".
    4. Crying need of punctuation or/and grammar in posts disscused above.
    5. Then we get to soulrealm's post. He starts, with a direct insult to the people who tried to be helpful (even if they didn't succeed). Pointing out someone's lack of helpfulness is ok, calling them "Ignorant peasants" or "inexperienced noob builders" is not. The rest of his post is pretty okay, until the part when he becomes an "ignorant peasant" himself and goes into writing big-ass paragraph about my structure.
    6. Every next post is bandwagoning. People noticed the trend of posting bad structures and started doing the same. Their posts aren't helpful in any way and don't contribute to the thread.

I hope this thread will somehow explain to you, people, how you shouldn't act in this section and how you should.

delankski, I3lue, Contrary and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.