1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] In and out

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Vicinity, Apr 12, 2013.

?

What do you think?

1. Useful

13.6%
  2. Useless

68.2%
  3. Who knows?

22.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Vicinity

Vicinity Catapult Fodder

• added build number
    Red goes in from the bottom, and Can come from the top.
    Share your thoughts Below....
    screen-13-04-12-14-55-21.png

2. faygo94

faygo94 Catapult Fodder

A skilled knight could either get into the structure, or around the structure, or both with one or two bombs. The first bomb could be placed on top of the door with the trap bridge next to it allowing access to the structure. The second would be the wall of stone beneath the trap door allowing access below the sturcture. I feel this structure doesn't accomplish much as of defense, once the enemy team gets around or in the structure nothing is going to stop them from moving forward. I don't really see a use for it.

Edit: Kind of resource heavy, for the doors and trap doors added up equals 450 wood, I'm not even going to add up the stone. You could eliminate some of those double doors there is really no need and it only complicates things when you try to get in. i suggest adding a bottom your just allowing the enemy to walk by your defence when they break one stone block. You don't need three blocks of thick stone unless you are being fired upon by a catapult, I would not build this structure on the front lines. In the area you removed the three thick stone block wall i would expand the structure and upgrade it more adding more workshops (bomb, arrow, and bed, maybe even a mini tower on top once you've gathered more resources).

Edit Edit: I will go on sandbox and try to show you what I mean. I'll upload a picture ASAP.

3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Knight bombing a block > Knight in your base > Knight with flag > FUU.
    Instead of
    Knight bombing > Knight falling on trap > Knight raging.

Hmm wait... In the chat, you can see someone called xDownburstx ...
    But the real name of him is Downburst... And clantag does not allow to suffix a name... Ok, username usurpation.
    Raroooooon? :>

4. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

a knight with a bomb could get past this simply ;-;
    also, you could parkour that whole thing

5. How would you parkour this? There are two block intervals between the doors + the spikes. You could slash at the door nearest the acavado spikes and then break in but I don't think that's considered parkour.

soulrealm likes this.
  6. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

But hey, a knight can bomb a single block, your tower is died, if he does not have any, he breaks a door, he jumps to your base, he slash your 2 principal and you are done! Repair these points and maybe we'll have a better comment.

7. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

use the block above the bombpit, with the ladder in it (why is there even a ladder in it?) to vault up,
    then use the momentum to climb, vault, jump, on the edge of the block with spikes on it.
    It may seem impossible, but it actually isn't!
    It just takes a lot of skill, and some parcour experience.

soulrealm likes this.
  8. Jesus that would take forever.
    I see it now though, thanks Gofio.

Gofio likes this.
  9. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I honestly don't see the point of this, it is resource heavy considering that you can only place 1 shop in there and it can be easily bombed into, and a skilled knight could throw a bomb into the fort through the 1 block entrance near the spike (i beleive this is true, but i have no comfirmation)