1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

State of the beta

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

People these days.. :(

delankski and Guitarman like this.
  2. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Can't you (complainers) guys just wait for the release and stop complaining those things that won't help the game.
    "State of the beta" not "Guess the release date, you can win lots of moneh because this is a lottery."

3. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I would put in my 2 cents, but it's something I've already said.

Testing isn't a privilege guys, it might as well be a part-time job. Sure, it's neat seeing new shit, but after a while of dealing with the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (this can go on) it isn't as fun anymore.

delankski likes this.
  4. Joefesok

Joefesok Builder Stabber

Getting into the beta is basically a curse. It sounds like fun, but it's not. First off, you need to be playing kag much more than anything else. If you don't they might just revoke your pass. Otherwise, this will simply ruin the game for you. You will get bored doing the same shit on the same testing map to find the same bugs, and then you'll hate the game. It's not fun when you have to kill 5 bots in a row within 20 seconds using a combat system that you've been using for the past 6 days.

5. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Whut. Noone is being paid :/

delankski likes this.
  6. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I didn't know you were a tester. And I did not know that the other testers were getting paid?! Unless you are pulling this out of your arse. I would test 10x more then what I do if I got paid, no matter how boring it got. Money is money, and money from video game is better money.

-
    I've had little experience with actual finding and testing of bugs, especially compared to hellas or thebonesauces experience. But I would have to say I really enjoy it, it feels good to help the devs, and it feels even better to tell the devs what they did wrong. Maybe it's because I'm still a new tester that I lack this some-what negativity towards it, maybe over time I will grow bitter and grouchy. but for now I enjoy kag 1.0 and am Looking forward to be able to play with others. (and not on a 500 ping server ;-;)

7. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

The testers for KAG dont get paid. They just take a chunk of their time out to help test KAG out of the goodness of their hearts. Simple as that.

8. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

You make it sound gay. Everyone knows we do it for early access c:

Cerbercre and eamono like this.
  9. Joefesok

Joefesok Builder Stabber

I had assumed some testers if not all would be paid. Was wrong. I'll just edit that out.

10. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

testing is fun. i only feel frustrated when something i reported that has been fixed already gets reborken by a different fix. then i feel like a nag reporting it again. ugh. but like others said: we mostly have to play alone which is very tedious and eventually we get sick and go play classic with the rest of you.

eamono, Schizoid, delankski and 2 others like this.
  11. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

B-but we had mods to make CC fun. Pixel physics are like nothing in any other game I've played.
    But yea, the final update added a turn-based campaign with small skirmishes instead of the epic battles we no doubt expected down the road of development, which totally killed my hope for the vanilla game.

12. paradoxicalenigma

paradoxicalenigma Arsonist

I died reading this, too funny.

13. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Wait, there is no cheque at the end..? I knew SirSalami seemed too nice! So I guess becoming becoming a dev isn't on the table either, along with my own head?

Dammit.

Mazey likes this.
  14. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I just think that, KAG is a great game and whatever the Devs do to the game could only improve the game even more.
    Brilliant game! :)

15. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

That's an extraordinarily vague statement. What if the developers decide that they want to remove competition from the game, limit the playerbase to the Democratic Republic of Congo, and remove all classes apart from the archer?

feet, BlueLuigi, Lord_bugg and 6 others like this.
  16. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I didn't mean it like that, it was ment as a compliment to the Devs, they know what players like in the game and so they wouldn't remove them, but I didn't mean it how you interpreted it, it was just a compliment.

17. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

he's basically saying "based on their work so far, i have full confidence in the developer's decision making regarding the future of this game" i.e. everyone be patient, it's gonna work.

18. eamono

eamono Arsonist

His is how it took it, just like anything EA could do to simcity will probably suck, anything team ninja could do to any other game will most likely have some type of stereotypical views on woman (Samus has a Spazz attack when she sees Ridley? The same boss she ALWAYS fights? I'm not even going to mention EBV), and anything MM could do to KAG would be pretty good.

19. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Shopkeep Stealer

20. Slojanko

Slojanko Shopkeep Stealer

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

i AM SO HAPPY!