1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590]The Supermarket

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Digger101, Apr 19, 2013.

?

Is this efficient?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2013.
  1. Yes

11.1%
  2. Half(Had some Pro's and Con's)

27.8%
  3. No

61.1%
  1. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

screen-13-04-19-23-40-02.png Disclaimer:This is my first ever Building Critiques Thread.Also bomb, archer shop should be upgraded to knight and archer switch-point.
    Stone Used:440 Wood Used:580
    This is the Supermarket! It is a quick front line building to provide shops and keeps the players changing between the three classes, efficiently and quickly
    It includes a basic but forgotten front door trap but very effective..(when enemy come up the trap door will switch,cause the spike to connect to the stone and when they climb,getting spiked losing 1 1/2 heart.)The spikes on top of the building are just added for bomb jumpers.
    This building can be modified,more shops(Bank,Siege....etc),more traps and ranging spots.

2. Can be easily bombjumped over

3. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Considering I don't know much about building theory I can't critique this too much. Though the thing that stands out the most to me is the door trap can be taken out fairly easily with a bomb.

CrystalClear likes this.
  4. eamono

eamono Arsonist

can be dug under quickly, knight can slash the team door and jump in, easily turned against you if the enemy gets it, but its OK as a backup tower

5. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Thanks for coming on here Digger101 to add to the forums another building for the masses to look at. Here are some of my thoughts upon examination:

The Goods:
    • 3 shops in an enclosed space is good, always helpful for the front lines.
    • 440 stone and 580 wood is a bit much all at once, but like any building this one can be built in stages.
    • Access to the roof.
    • Archer perch.
    The Bads:
    • The thickness of the tower is somewhat confusing, I am guessing the "front" is the part with the spike? If so, the back has more thickness than the front, you usually want more stone facing the oncoming enemy than behind.
    • The pathing to the roof could be improved, try adding some ladders, if the enemy gets into your base to use them its over anyway, so might as well use them to help your mates get around in your tower.
    • The main entrance from the front is hard to use, try to avoid placing doors ladders 2 tiles from the ground and instead place them 3 tiles from the ground, you can maneuver up them faster and from farther away enabling you to get away from an oncoming enemy.
    • Also a note on the archer perch, usually if you can have a safe place where archers can fire down on main entrance is good.
    Overall you were on the right track, keep up the good work! :)

6. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Thanks for all the feedback, I will work on upgrading it.

SlyStalker and CrystalClear like this.
  7. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

knights can slash vault into the main entry at the front, slash inti the supermarket, then hold a stickup and steal all the bombs and free healing supplies. then they can either continue onwards and exit left, or make a quick getaway when the knight police come and scramble away to the already open doorway.

other than that, knights could throw bombs into an open doorway, killing all archers inside. x-x
    this tower won't stop bomb jumpers, nor will they land in the spikes.

have fun making a new one.

8. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I think I should make it higher,then move the door to top store,add a trap in the front.Move the quarters shop up so enemies can't heal,add double doors at the front line entrance,add double archer perch's.

9. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Knights can stand in the doorway with the spike if careful.

10. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I was supposed to move the stone, through the tree,replace the trap with another door and move the trap forward.

11. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

The trap still is not very effecient.

12. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Not on this building it isn't but on other buildings it is usually effective and actually works very well.

13. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I agree with Cana that trap isn't that effective, ive used it for my own building, no one got hurt. Even if you brought the trap forward.

14. Force

Force Shark Slayer

You should remove the inlet with the spike on top of the trap bridge. The red are attacking in that direction so they will most definately use that inlet.
    And you should make it repairable from inside.

15. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

its so cute

Digger101 likes this.
  16. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Ignoring the fact that there are a few problems overall with it, try to never have the bombshop be the bottom shop, as someone who manages to get in can very easily buy bombs, whereas if it is the top shop it's much harder, meaning a better chance of survival for the structure if someone breaks in.

17. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I have updated the old Supermarket,to this brand new and I have considered all your feedback and this is a better version:
    screen-13-05-30-07-04-54.png
    ><><><><><><><><><><><
    To the new and updated supermarket,I will try to colour the image and explain all the parts of the building later.
    Please give feedback:dance:

Froghead48 likes this.
  18. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

>Too resource heavy to become a reliable front tower
    >Ladders on the back entrance, so bomb jumping enemies can use the ladders to easily slash down the door.

19. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Bomb jumping enemies will only occur if they have a similar,or higher building in height,they could be modified..

Also by the time the enemy/ies slash the first door,they break the shop(which requires 4-5 slashes I believe)then they have to break the next door,giving them access to nothing unless they wish to break all the stores...

20. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Did you know you could aim the slash to the team door? :)