1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Questions? Post here

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Kouji, May 8, 2012.

Mods: Gurin
  1. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Only the person who created the social forum can promote members. Ask one of the forum admins to promote someone if you need it done.

2. Illuminate

Illuminate Shark Slayer

The problem is that the creator accidentally left the social forums and I was one of the mods. I accepted him back in but it wont let me make him the mod again

3. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

4. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

??? How do i insert an image from my documents, or how do i get its URL???

5. blukey

blukey Finest Moustache in the Kingdom Donator

It depends what type of file, and where you want to insert it. If you want to insert something like a jpeg or a gif into your post, simply click Upload a File, then depending on what you want, click either Thumbnail or Full Image, and then position it.

If you want it in your sig, go to a site like imgur.com, follow the instructions, and then paste the URL.

6. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I want to insert a jpeg into my clan page.
    I looked for a way to insert it but I needed a URL so how would I go about doing this?

7. blukey

blukey Finest Moustache in the Kingdom Donator

Go to imgur.com, you will see Upload images to the right, click on Computer, then select the file you want to upload. Click Start upload, at the end, copy the code that says BB Code, then paste that.

8. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

9. Mexer

Mexer Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. No Control - to be deleted. inactive

One thing I'm wondering is that, if their policy is that if one image does not get at least one view per 6 months, the image will be deleted. Accessing these forums automatically "sends" views to that image if it is used as a signature?

... just a curiosity of mine.

10. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

no

Unless maybe there website/where the image is located is actually embed into the photo/banner.

11. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

12. Mexer

Mexer Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. No Control - to be deleted. inactive

Uhmmm why not? Your browser downloads the image from their server. Even they say that "An image view is counted each time the image is loaded. This includes images that are hot-linked or embedded on third-party sites."

It would make no sense otherwise..

13. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

PS. If you want images to be hosted for a long time I would recommend uploading them to the KAG forums itself. Most picture hosting companies remove the pictures after a few months/if no one downloads them for a few weeks.
    edit: oh I read over fuzzy's post.

14. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I run the clan Echo, & if I add one of the members as a moderator would I still be in full control, & he would not be able to remove me as a moderator from the clan?

15. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

He will be able to remove you as a moderator if you're talking about the forum groups.

16. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Yes I am talking about the forum groups, social forums, I originally thought that as the founder of the clan I would still have over all control, but this is going to make me think even harder about picking a moderator, thanks.

17. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

I have a quick question....

If i were to make a texture pack of sorts, that removes tree leaves and bodies, and possibly some other things, is it considered cheating?

18. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

There's no actual rules against it, but deep in your heart, you would know. You would bear that guilt for a lifetime, and every time someone looked at you, even so much as a glance, you would feel their judgement, their disgust at such a befouling presence, and you would feel truly dead inside.

But go right ahead, it's just that some people might consider it bad sportsmanship. If you're going for full coverage, get rid of grass too. :p

19. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Thanks for your opinion Hella, i might actually do it now :P

20. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Enjoy having a soul whilst you still can, friend, because using dirty texture packs is an action second only to bartering with Satan or lawyers.

Mods: Gurin