1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Viridi Militis == Sandbox Survival & KAG beta Projects

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by VanHuek, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

[​IMG]
    == Our forums
    dev.viridimilitis.com
    == #VMD on irc.quaketnet.org

What do we do?

We are working on a project for King Arthur's Gold, KAG 1.0, called Sandbox Survival and are creating a single player experience in which you spawn in a massive world with your friends or with online co-op and go off and explore, having many adventures and quests.

We also provide a place for other KAG 1.0 Project managers who are interested in starting their own project and wish for their own place in which they can manage the project and get others to join their team. Everyone has to apply to be masked for their relevant skill and the project they want to help and then receive a forum banner, revealing their skill to everyone.

Who are we?

The Team at Viridi Militis and working on Sandbox Survival is made up of Developers, Staff Members, Members and Registered people. Members have enlisted to a project and are part of something and will have applied, with a banner and a gold name, whilst registered members will only have grey names.

Staff members are people with Red names and they are just to help moderate whilst members with green names are Developers and in charge of something at Virdi Militis, and are major contributors although there will be a credits list which will include everyone who has helped out from the smallest thing to the biggest. As the Lead Developer I have a purple name myself.

How can you help?
    For the project we are looking for a broad set of skills including scripting (C++ AngelScript), sound,spriting and general art; or people to help finance the project. If you think you can help apply today!

The current list of developers is:

VanHuek - Lead Developer

Anded - Lead Spriter
    Xiaojin67 -Lead Artist
    Ardivaba - Lead Coder
    Verra - Coder
    FuzzyBlueBaron - Lead Advisor, Writer
    Jackitch - Market Manager
    Shadlington - API Master

Frequently asked Questions

Q. Will KARPS/Sandbox Survival be released with KAG Beta?
    A. Sadly not it will take at least a month, to allow for non-tester coders to start helping, and get enough features for it to be released; although it will be far from the full version.

Q. What will happen between KAG Beta's released and KARPS 3.0's?
    A. I plan on hosting other servers and recreating my old Dwarven Halls concept but I will keep everyone up-to-date and will decide on what is a good time to release the first version.

Q. How are Sandbox Survival and KARPS (King Arthur's Role Play Server) different?
    A. Sandbox Survival will be focusing on providing a Single Player for KAG and so will feature a SP/Co-Op game mode and be centred less around factions and contain larger worlds, mobs and AI. KARPS will be multiplayer only and will be multiplayer only and centre around factions.

Q. How will KARPS factions work?
    A. Before creating a faction you have to create a group, by going up to someone and clicking invite to group and by them accepting and then you getting 4 other people to join you, you can then upgrade your group to a faction where your sprite automatically recolours, you gain a faction base, vault and registry, join team chat and no longer collide.

Q. Will it be pay-to-play?
    A. KARPS will definitely not be pay-to-play however it is possible Sandbox Survival will be for the smallest donation amount, but this is unlikely. All donations are used to help the project, to donate: http://dev.viridimilitis.com/account/upgrades

Q. What progress has been made so far?
    A. Currently it is very early on with a lot of character animation done and scripting started but there is also a whole new launcher to make, a lot of scripting (so far two vehicles are done and the race/group/faction framework, but not UI).

Q. Can I see a sneak preview?
    A. You cannot see videos but I can show a little teaser of the character concept arts!

[​IMG]

Q. Will there be new classes or races?
    A. As you can see above there are at least three new classes, there are a few others (race locked) that you cannot see, although you can only have a guess at what the new classes are (above and not shown). With races they will be released later on and we have two new races in the first 'expansion pack' planned, although provided complimentary.

Q. How can I find out more information?
    A. Visit viridimilitis.com, which is the website (needs updating) or dev.viridimilitis.com, the forums for more information and updates.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  2. eamono

eamono Arsonist

lol i was just poking around the viridi-whatever forums like, an hour ago, pretty neat stuff.

I would love to help with this but I'm bad at art and really bad at coding, but if you ever need someone to write the most basic, bare-boned webpage the world has ever seen, i'm here.

Anyways this is a very ambitious project and i can't wait to see it out :)

3. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Froghead48 likes this.
  4. IrishSmalls

IrishSmalls Bison Rider

Can we offer some suggestions/ideas?

VanHuek likes this.
  5. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You can register on our forums and post some suggestions in the appropriate section.

6. ewox250

ewox250 Shark Slayer

Wow this is fantastic ! Can i make graphic for this project ?

DobryMurzyn and Ciasteczko like this.
  7. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Will roleplaying be required?

OoC brackets, incompetent admins and the regular rulesbreaking of KARPS would be pretty obnoxious in an otherwise interesting looking game.

Ej likes this.
  8. Lieber

The main project is Single-Player/Co-Op, so you can play it as you like.

Multiplayer portion will be KARPS with the features from the main project.

9. luckyfrost

luckyfrost Shopkeep Stealer

AMAZING! I'm really looking forward to playing it, or maybe donating if i have any money spare. Stunnishing!

VanHuek likes this.
  10. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

According to the picture, the lineup appears to be...
    Goblin Builder, Goblin Archer, Goblin Warrior, Goblin Brute, Builder, Archer, Knight, Wizard, I don't even know, Cooler-Looking Archer, Less-Armored Knight (Fencer?), Assassin, Dwarf Peasant, Dwarf Miner, Dwarf Fighter.

Yeah, this is gonna be cool.

11. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Most likely going to be an OOC button but the main thing is it is going to be a lot more controlled with the faction system although I do need to consider some things like permanent deaths, leaving the server etc..

12. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Now ppl will start to RK whne they do not like somebody...

hans_02 likes this.
  13. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

That's why I need to consider it and it is the same as the new life rule although killing someone will have knock-on effects and change your 'character path'; or something like that. What I need to think through is if you die what happens to 1) your level 2) your faction 3) other things (like if there is armour or upgrades you have bought.

14. Lieber

If it's like New Life Rule, then you'd have to literally start a new character and lose all your previous progress (level, faction and all ownerships and upgrades).

15. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

If new-life rule is coded it should only apply to death by combat, losing everything from drowning or falling would be awful.

If new-life is honor system then dont include it. Too easily abused.

Guitarman and Lieber like this.
  16. luckyfrost

Honor is the only meaning of the life of a legend, and if a warrior don't have honor, he's not living at all!
    ENOUGH OF MY IDIOT SPEECHES.
    I don't know, it have to be something solid, so people actually HAVE to follow it.

17. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

When developing, choose proactive over reactive. Better to have a system that encourages desired behavior than one ripe for abuse that requires policing (which may or may not be competent)

18. luckyfrost

As you said, it's hard to be followed if you don't force people to do so.

19. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Will it be permadeath? Please say yes.

Guitarman likes this.
  20. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

If there really will be permadeath, losing all the stuff, faction, and even banned from the server, there will be loads of RKers and only few players from 10000 can only play along...

luckyfrost likes this.
Mods: Downburst, Mazey
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.