1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

International Team Doubles Tournament [CASH PRIZES!!!]

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by kaizokuroof, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Kaizo, you still haven't added me and Snareslash

2. Does it matter? You have applied for the tournament so you're basically in it already. You don't need to remind him of adding you to OP on every page. And it doesn't concern only your Karpovich but everyone who wants to have his name in OP. Kaizokuroof is busy guy and he doesn't have time to add everyone of you just when you post here. Instead of buggering him to add you to some faggy OP (OP is fag, obv) you should be thankful that he's organising such tournament for you.

feet, Bammboo, LucasTT and 3 others like this.
  3. I did apply, but you never know when it suddenly starts and they just miss us out, I don't want that to happen.

4. I don't think kaizokuroof is that kind of guy who starts tournament out of the blue. Sooner or later he'll add you. No need to post here nor worry about it. And if you want to be so badly in OP then keep pinging him on IRC until he does it instead of posting here. It's easier, quicker and handier for you and for him as well, as there's already shitload of posts he needs to go through.

5. Siroinkalot

Siroinkalot Bison Rider

team name the void walkers
    players P.S.V siroinkalot P.S.V xnx17ts

kaizokuroof likes this.
  6. master4523

master4523 Masterful KAG Guard Global Moderator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Team name: M&M's
    Members: magnum357, master4523

Piano, Domis, XyellowX and 16 others like this.
  7. jack-o-saurus

jack-o-saurus Shipwright

^ Actually amazing!

8. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

This team should be called 3574523. Now say that fast three times.

Domis, feet, Conquerer and 4 others like this.
  9. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

I asked him on irc, he said that you can't switch during the round.

kaizokuroof and Froghead48 like this.
  10. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Hey guys,

I will update the OP on May 1st, with the official rule set, which will include all the questions asked here, hence the reason I've not replied. So rather than answer the question and watch it get lost in the void that is this thread. :D The same goes for the teams, I'm actually working out of local applications rather than managing it via the forums. It's easier for me to plan and sort out matches.

If you do have questions though, keep posting them here, I will answer them eventually. :)
    I'll try and get a preview of the maps/configs up, so you have some idea of what to expect, no promises though! anddddd we still need judges/commentators, so don't be shy, sign up :p

At this stage, with so many teams entering, it looks like only the top matches will be played out for 5th place through to 1st but I guess that's something that I'll need to finalise once all teams are signed up.

In the event of odd numbers (of overall teams), I may just cut the last team joining off, unless I can think of a suitable alternative.

ANYWHO, thanks all who've already signed up to help/participate, I'm excited not only to partake in this, but to see who comes out top dog :B):
    </br>--- merged: Apr 29, 2013 12:36 AM ---</br>
    ALRIGHT Double post for the win.

No problem, I'm happy to make changes BEFORE the matches start, after however is a different story.

Glad to see you guys entered, but did you have to glorify that man by putting him in your name? You do realise what he has done?

Love the name guys :D Good luck!

What the actual fuck? I'm not opposed to names like this, but I will be shortening your name when saying/writing in matches, hope that's cool. If not, pick a different name :D
    Cheers.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 29, 2013 12:38 AM ---</br>
    Oh btw, 47 teams participating so far :O It might take longer than expected to get through all the matches.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 29, 2013 1:05 AM ---</br>
    it occurred to me that I've been using the incorrect structure for the event, it will not be "Round Robin" it will be single match elimination, in the following format:

Team A -
    -----------Winner -
    Team B -
    ----------------------Winner A/B -
    --------------------------------------------Winner - A/B/C/D
    ---------------------- Winner C/D -
    Team C -
    -----------Winner -
    Team D -

So there will not be a points score. Winner moves on to the next round and loser is eliminated from the event. The only exception to this is play offs fo 5th - 1st place. Sorry to all those that signed up thinking it was a round robin tourney, I still hope you compete! :)

Cheers

Domis, XyellowX, feet and 11 others like this.
  11. Bammboo

Just going to post so he doesn't have to get all them mergetimes. And so, he can get more likes.

12. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

From Depths of MOLEaria,
    We will come for all of you.
    To steal crappy flags.

Team: killa_try_again

Members: killatron46, Tyngn.

In the end we win,
    So there is no going back
    Just to fail again.

EDIT: Failed on last line of Haiku, ugh. Fixed.

magnum357, Ruleral, feet and 5 others like this.
  13. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

Well. Kony is not the first, nor the last.... Or even the worst Child soldier recruiter guy. And im creating more awareness of him, if your one of those ppl. :P

For the tournament thing.
    How about have your elimination shit go on until only 5 teams are left or so. Then a round robin and calculate the winners using matrices?
    (unless that is what u meant and im derping away :P )

14. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

Team: KFC swag
    Member's: Eden, Mjolnir
    Bribing everyone with free Hot 'n' Spicy Chickaeeen.

Piano, Domis, magnum357 and 4 others like this.
  15. Bammboo

What? No chrispin?

Canadian98 likes this.
  16. Eden

I shall add, my current job is a KFC burger maker, we handle the Frys, Burger's, Boxing, Handling, and also customer service. If you have any query's, ask me.

Superblackcat likes this.
  17. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

so many unnecessary commas and apostrophes xD
    By Chrispin he meant the player. T'was a joke :P

jack-o-saurus likes this.
  18. Bammboo

I'm talking about the player Chrispin. The maker of the KFC clan in kag...

19. Eden

n0 u3

I know what you're trying to imply, but i was just saying i work at KFC so, that is the name good day. Danke!

20. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I'm happy to judge any ones I'm not in, if you need another AUS judge.

kaizokuroof likes this.