1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

International Team Doubles Tournament [CASH PRIZES!!!]

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by kaizokuroof, Apr 24, 2013.

1. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

No comment, lets just leave the Kony topic where it is. :)

As for the team suggestion, it is a good idea, running it with points but I think it'll be too long. I'm not trying to make a league, just an elimination tourney with some finals at the end and I don't think you're derping, I think it's me derping with words ;)

@demon + errone

On Wednesday (for me) May 1st, I'll have the match draw up, explanation of finals, maps and rule set. After May 1st I hope to have some live servers up, so people can have a go of the maps and "Train" for the event should they wish to and shortly after that, matches will start.

I know I'm being very vague and I do hope to answer all your questions once things have "officially" kicked off. I won't start the event till everyone knows exactly how things will proceed - hopefully it won't be rocket science, just turn up to your matches and win monay $$$$$$ ;3

2. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I think commentators need mics and should be funny; not to mention should not have a squeaky girl voice. No offence toffee

3. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

KFC Clan > KFC Chicken

4. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I thought judges were different to commentators, didn't think judges needed a mic. Plus look on the first post there are two groups: commentators and judges.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  5. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Well if no one applies, then this isn't going to happen :D We have some Aus Commentators. I'll give it a go commentating if I can't find people, but this mostly applies to the finals, rather than every match.

So to re-iterate, commentating will be done case by case, except the for the finals, which most definitely should be commentated, at least for that extra kick of excitement?

I will try and record ALL of the matches, or have someone on to record them, they might not be live, but it'll give people a chance to watch them back and say, "yeah I kicked ass that day :D"
    </br>--- merged: Apr 29, 2013 6:49 AM ---</br>

Correct, judges will be ruling over the match. Every match MUST have one judge, to call the shots and defuse disputes. They will have over ruling authority, over everyone, except myself and other judges. (They will have some guides to follow, fear not of biased judges)

GloriousToast and toffie0 like this.
  6. sagakeren

sagakeren A relic from the olden days Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

what do you mean by commentator, like live stream or just typing in the game or what?

7. Harlekin

Harlekin Haxor

You can shorten it to "Van." we will use this tag anyways :rollseyes:

kaizokuroof likes this.
  8. kaizokuroof

Commentators, do exactly what it sounds like, they comment on the match at hand. While I would live some live streamed matches, this adds an extra layer of organisation to them, so matches will probably only be recorded (and commentated live while recording) so you still get the sense it's live, but it's not :D

EDIT: Apologies, to explain further, comment in VOICE CHAT of the match at hand.

That said, the finals are a different story and if I can organise it, will be live :)

Anymoar questions?

9. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

He means something like this: http://www.twitch.tv/superwandermark/b/337099433

Every time I hear commentating at all now I'm disappointed if he/she isn't wondermark.

10. kaizokuroof

It will be very hard to match dat commentating skillz, it must be in Wondermark's blood :D

Harlekin likes this.
  11. sagakeren

sagakeren A relic from the olden days Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

so the tournament is going to be live stream?

12. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

A typing commentator? Eugh you are already boring me.
    We need to hire totalbiscuit

13. kaizokuroof

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. ALL of the matches, EXCEPT the FINALS will be recorded and commentated at the same time (if possible).

With regards to the finals, they will most likely be live stream (unless resources doesn't permit it) IE, if we don't get enough commentators. If this is the case, then it will continue to be recorded/commentated as it was done in the preliminaries, if fate permits it.

Superblackcat likes this.
  14. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

Can we switch classes between the rounds? Or is it, you pick a class, and stay that class until the end?

15. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

I just hope my match is worthy of commentation. :)

16. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

wandermark*

jack-o-saurus likes this.
  17. jack-o-saurus

jack-o-saurus Shipwright

<3 Grammar <3
    edit: WAIT WAIT WAIT ZOLLIE, WHAT THE HELL IS THE APOSTROPHE EMITTING IN "t'was"????
    </br>--- merged: Apr 29, 2013 8:28 AM ---</br>
    Will an overly British voice be funny enough?

18. coolmonkey54

coolmonkey54 Shark Slayer

Team name: Skilz
    Members: Mwahahahaha, coolmonkey54

kaizokuroof likes this.
  19. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The list of who's recording/commentating should be updated, so I can know if I should offer my services (see my YouTube channel for me recording and commentating the three or four final ArL matches).

20. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

He probably wouldn't anyways. He isn't exactly enamored with KAG, when you get down to it.