1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[748] Squeal's Auto-Saw

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Squeal, May 4, 2013.

1. Squeal

Squeal Shipwright

After witnessing a log roll down a hill, I had an epiphany. So I present to you my the concept of the auto-saw. The idea is simple, when the tree is cut the logs roll into the saw, saving time. [​IMG]
    To use it, simply plant trees along the sloped edges, and cut them in the direction of the centre. This early version has a couple of bugs:
    • Larger trees (as illustatrated) may not fall into the funnel or have issues with logs rolling
    • Construction is very time consuming. (Drill may fix this)
    • It uses up a fair amount of land
    • Perhaps a storage room could be added at the bottom to hold the wood.
    EDIT: New version.

This one works quite differently, when the tree hits the wall, the logs are dropped down into the saw. I also added a storage room to collect the wood.
    [​IMG]
    This one has it's own pros and cons
    • Far quicker/cheaper to build
    • Far more compact
    • No tree-height issues
    • As the trees get further from the wall, more logs do not fall into saw (Can be quickly thrown in instead)

2. Mexer

Mexer Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. No Control - to be deleted. inactive

I love the second one. Right into the storage! Nice!

Awesomer and Digger101 like this.
  3. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Looks pretty good, and as mexer pointed out it plops it into a storage which is nice.

However, a few points about your thread for consideration:

• As far as I know, this section of the forums is under these rules: >CLICK<, I should probably ask Hella to move a copy of them into this section.
    • Under those rules, one of them is to add the current build number which is important for tracking these designs. In this case it is [748].
    • Also, there is already 2 other threads with sawmills... Next time check if anyone else has posted the idea first.
    Thanks for your time making this thread. However, in your next thread follow the above please.

BlueLuigi and I3lue like this.
  4. Squeal

Squeal Shipwright

My apologies, I'm not sure how to change the title so that will have to be left out for now.

5. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I just changed the title for you, dude. I'm also putting those rules that Killa prompted into the main placey-thing of this subforum, and Killatron is a beautiful person for suggesting it.

UnnamedPlayer and killatron46 like this.
  6. Mexer

Mexer Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. No Control - to be deleted. inactive

but but... I have posted before and included the build number... that means I have acknowledged the fact that this is a copy of that main forum and the same rules should apply... doesn't that make me a beautiful person? :(

7. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

And fluffy. Also, [728]?:huh?:

8. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

The second one is quite efficient, tried it out myself. The best way to make use of it, from what I've noticed, is to build it on ground level (even in the middle of your base) and add a door to the wooden pillar so you can pass through. Because of how it's constructed, there is virtually 0 risk of getting gibed when passing over it. (tested!)

As long as you have plenty of trees on the side opposet of the pillar you can literally just grab trunks, run a bit towards the saw and throw them a very long way. Very efficient and quick if built right.

If you want to make it in to a trap for unsuspecting enemy players, switch the two wooden blocks above the saw with trap doors. :p

9. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Brilliant

10. eamono

eamono Arsonist

i didn't relize that things will get sucked into storage 0_0

awesome