1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Archers or Ninjas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ratka, May 4, 2013.

1. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Builders now a rly supports :p they need only for building (and only base actual). But if we are talking about war mode. Ofc, soon they will be others mods, where balance can be totally changed, and its will be.
    Point of this post was: dont touch devs for such shit problems... they give us open source, nice and almost well worked machine. Think its will be better to talk about new CTF (for example) for beta, so codders can simply start working on it.
    P.S. I don't like war mode :p there are too many slow moments, like arl drives more for now)
    P.P.S. Archers op

2. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Okay, this will be the last warning; I will start handing out warnings for every single off topic post here now. Learn to create new threads for other topics.

3. 16th

16th Bison Rider

Yes you right. Archers are OP. :rollseyes:

Konfitur likes this.
  4. Galen

And stop this silly bullying too, you know what'll happen else. If this continues on I'll close this thread. If you have to tell him something take it to PM. This is no place for arguing with each other.

I3lue likes this.
  5. paradoxicalenigma

paradoxicalenigma Arsonist

People just think that archers are overpowered since before they never had a knife. While it is true that a whole lot of health gets taken away from a back stab, I still feel that a knight has an advantage in 1 v 1 fights. An example of this was when a knight was able to down almost three of them in close combat. The knights shield is a such a asset that he can dwarf the archer in these situations. All he needs to do is turn his shield in the right places.

In addition, if a archer stabs you on the front, you lose like a quarter of a heart? While knight jab can do way more. Also, it is fairly easy to deal with archers without doing the charge slash. I jabbed quite a few by now. Any cases where I did not hit them was either lag, or I aimed my sword at the wrong height.

Im up for leaving the archers the way they are now. If anything, maybe take away less hearts from a backstab? However, this feature has allowed archers to contribute more in fights. Rather than spending the entire match shooting arrows hoping to hit something. Before knights would steam roll everything, now they just need to learn to cope with this new resistance.

Glenfield, Lord_bugg and Raelian like this.
  6. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Their knife isn't what bothers me the most, although it does frustrate me to see them hopping around me and stabbing me when my jabs are so freaking slow that I can't hit them.

Same thing with their arrow draw time, it's so fast that they can drop an arrow per second on you, while it takes an entire second to even attempt to land a jab on them, and that's if they didn't move out of the way because of their increased movement compared to Knights.

Kramgnauh, Beelzebub and Ratka like this.
  7. Razzey

Razzey Builder Stabber

Going for Archer.. because there aren't many players skilled enough to kill an entire team with daggers..

8. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Game is out like two days and everyone's already butthurt. Archer could in fact be the most overpowered thing ever, but the thing is that you have no way of knowing yet. I've been with this game for like, two years now and one thing I've learned is that the knowledge and skills of the playerbase affect gameplay just as much as the code itself. For example, while it was always in the game, it was months before anyone came up with the idea for door ladders. Hell, even notching itself wasn't discovered for a long time. People just built ground level doors because they didn't know anything else. Similarly, it took ages for people to learn how to shield hop rather than slowly shield crawl towards the enemy. Stuff like this changes balance completely and you have to give the game time for these nuances to things to emerge.

I'm not saying don't discuss or don't say what you think, because that stuff is good and very important, but don't be mad and be mindful that everything will change.

Evan5567, splittingred and Monsteri like this.
  9. Konfitur

Konfitur Haxor

^
    Maybe close-beta testers can tell us how to deal with archers, then ? :P

eamono likes this.
  10. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

Archers used to be OP on classic KAG ONLY with arrow spam, now they have it back but in addition they have a lot of new features unlike the knight who has been nerfed.
    I think they REALLY need a nerf (and almost everybody I saw on the beta says the same), or then buff the knight... I'm not the balance master but you have to be blind if you are not able to see they are OP.

16th likes this.
  11. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

archer is op:
    imagine this scenario: Mr. blue Archer is on his long walks through the forest he loves so diligently, when suddenly a red knight comes out of the trees and starts chasing Mr. Archer. Mr. archer starts running and hopping and climbing trees away from the despicable red knight . He starts to charge his bow while maintaining his speed away from the knight. He lets the arrow fly just as the knight tries to jab Mr. Archer, negating it completely and stunning him. Mr. Archer starts running again into the trees and the knight chases after him again. the knight tries to jab again but the mighty Mister Archer lets one fly and then a second later another. The knight is unable to shield in time due to his life lunging jab and is impaled with the arrows and dies. Mister archer smirks in victory and continues his walk.
    moral of the story
    • archer can run and shoot at the same time
    • archer shoots projectiles
    • knight jabbing is part of the character and slows him down

Evan5567 likes this.
  12. doomman117

doomman117 Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Archer needs to have his knife nerfed, the charge time extended and his charge movement speed reduced.

Archers are meant to support you from a distance, not rush at you with a butter knife of doom.
    Make a separate class for that stealth bullshit, and make a system for the stealth combat.

I am sick and tired of getting arrow spammed because an archer is bouncing around everywhere.

13. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

Archers are only OP in melee combat if you don't know how to kill them.

Their 2 hearts backstab against knife is OP, but hey, a knight get's a double slash on you and you're doomed. Their range of arrows is under-powered, much less than it was in classic, melee seems to be compensating for that

14. eamono

eamono Arsonist

"over"-compensating

15. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

Without the knife, you would all be crying about the archer's range being under-powered

paradoxicalenigma and Lieber like this.
  16. eamono

eamono Arsonist

and with the knife we are all complaining that the backstab is overpowered, it's a lose-lose situation

17. Galen

Beta has lots of modding possibilities. AngelScript isn't that hard to modify from what I've heard, and you all have access to the game's files. After all, Beta is just a beta, and it's out to get way more feedback.

18. eamono

eamono Arsonist

You can barely call this game a beta, I think this is more like a pre-beta, but not in a bad way.

but i don't think that saying "if you don't like it you should fix it yourself" is a good solution to balance issues

GloriousToast likes this.
  19. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

Stop complaining about it, look at the goods, not the bads.

20. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

You don't have much experience with games that are still being made, do you? Stop being an ass, and actually contribute to discussion on how to improve the beta, which, incidentally, isn't the full game, thankyouverymuch, and then proceed on the short and simple path of no longer acting like a moan-some asshat.