1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[748][Gen] Differences of Builder, KAG to KAB

Discussion in 'Builder' started by killatron46, May 3, 2013.

1. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Here are a few things I noticed that are different about the Builder from KAG to KAB:
    • No more hammer, has a pickaxe instead.
    • Less useful in combat.
    • Can now hold more resources, before you could only hold 250 of each thing and that was it, with inventory you can hold up to 5 stacks of 250 of any resource, (4 in inventory and holding 1), for up to 1250 of one resource!
    Again, just laying out a base line here, help me to fill any gaps you guys think I missed.:B):

2. 16th

16th Bison Rider

:QQ: Nooooooo!!!!!! Why, MM??!!! Whyyyyyy!!!

Gofio, Anded, CrystalClear and 2 others like this.
  3. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

killatron46,thank's for uploading the changes for each class,from KAG to KAB.

4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Acually I disagree with what he said, it's maybe even more effective but you almost can't control them at combat

5. Chaos-Knight

Chaos-Knight Bison Rider

Builder is really absolutely useless in combat now, what a shame... he should be at least halfway decent in combat the way he was in KAG classic :(

Anded likes this.
  6. killatron46

Its really alright though, because builder has a ton more useful things to be doing than attacking the enemy. (Laddering over enemies defenses, building defenses on the front lines, making factories with seige equipment, ect).

7. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Builder is not really useless, the drill is quite good for defence, and you also get plenty of new toys to use, knights go fighting when you can use siege equipment, it's all balanced.

8. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Builder is now serving it's proper use: building and being important tools in a siege. Not a guy that can kill a fully armored Knight with a hammer.

9. Chaos-Knight

Chaos-Knight Bison Rider

It's incredibly hard to cross the water as builder without being gibbed by the other team. If you have two roughly equal teams then you'll pretty much always encounter an enemy boat and usually a bomb that will blow you up in no time.

If you are confronted by enemies jumping over and on top of your boat you essentially can't even scratch their paint as a builder. I found the builders in the classic build very well balanced in terms of power, a good builder usually had no chance against a good knight but could still win if he was sly and quick-witted.

Today I had the situation that the enemy was in our base and spawnkilling my team. In earlier builds 2-3 builders could at least handle it together and push back (if no bombs were involved) but there was litterally one single knight squatting around and killing every builder without even losing energy.

ComboBreaker, Gofio and 16th like this.
  10. Lieber

That's the problem with the win condition, although I do think a pack of builders should be able to kill a Knight.

11. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

Also just a note, the digging speed can be severely increased (almost doubled) if you repeatedly hold the Right Mouse Button (releasing as soon as a sound occurs)

Get the timing right, and you mine so quickly.

Not sure if bug, but it's certinly a lot faster than Classic.

Chaos-Knight and Apronymous like this.
  12. Lieber

Not a bug, the devs purposefully left it in.

13. 16th

16th Bison Rider

Builder was balanced in classic. All classes was balanced. In beta we see total disbalance, especially whis that ridiculous archer class.
    </br>--- merged: May 4, 2013 5:19 AM ---</br>
    Whats wrong with that? Dress the metal armor and I'll hit you over the head with a hammer.Than see whats happen.

Cpa3y likes this.
  14. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Catapults now auto-fire when fully powered.

killatron46 likes this.
  15. Lieber

The builder doesn't have a shirt on, I'd like to see a Builder getting close to a Knight before having his head sliced off. And again, as I said, Builders are not offensive classes. While I believe they should be able to defend themselves if they are in a group, they shouldn't be able to defeat a Knight.

16. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Builder was balanced in classic? It's not even true, builder in classic is glitchy, try to hit the builder who holds M2 and keeps on hitting you, it's impossible, when you have 2 builders doing that and nobody helps you, you are screwed, unless you have plenty of space around you to move and dodge their hits, not to mention ridiculous lag in classic which contributes to massive unfair balance for whole game.

Archer was underpowered in classic and was useless in most situations, you would notice rounds without people playing archer, everyone would be knight or builder instead, knight has so much better maneuverability, now in beta both archer and knight is very much the same, the only thing is archer's backstab and ability to spam arrows that allows him to hold anybody at range too easily.

Knight changed a lot because it takes skill now, I saw a knight kill 7 players without breaking a sweat and it was other knights and archers, builders took care of economy, which is what they are meant to do, in any case there is an attack you run to barracks to change class or to nearest defence spot. The attacking part I might agree that builders are more vulnerable, no way to defend unless you have the drill, I think builders should be able to produce shield/buckler for themselves that wears off from damage or some weapon like an axe or short sword.

//Left this in because this makes good comparisons, although not limited to builders. ~ Hella

17. killatron46

I think I'll add this to the misc mechanics thread as that seems to fit better there than here, because any class can fire a catapult.

Canadian98 likes this.
  18. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

-Stone doors cannot be slashed by knights.

19. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Can normal wooden doors even be slashed?

20. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

They can be slashed and damaged with charged arrows.

Gofio likes this.