1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Working On?

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by LostPix, May 9, 2013.

1. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

This thread here is to show things you work at the moment and also to serve as a general thread for this purpose.

I cleared the op as the things already presented here were outdated.

2. xnx17ts

xnx17ts Builder Stabber

Nice mod but to be more exact what type of mod are you trying to make. A mod which adds in more content or one that makes kag look better?

edit: Also you should add some sushi into the game. Fish plus seaweed plus rice

startselect3 and giggiggiggiggig like this.
  3. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

I thought i could make ice blocks, and penguins, but to test my skills I will try to make some natural stuff first.

4. Piano, kaizokuroof, Makara and 12 others like this.
  5. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

6. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Yeah, because the server side mod built around vanilla sprites is going to require players download custom sprites.

7. I agree, feel free to fix/improve it and i'll put it in. I'm not much of a Spriter.
    </br>--- merged: May 9, 2013 7:35 PM ---</br>
    It actually is a custom sprite, that is modded from the core one. So you have to DL it to use the mod anyway.

Apronymous likes this.
  8. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Textures/Sprites files are incredibly small in terms of capacity so it's pretty much seconds to download all of it, you won't even notice.

More content for map editing because variation is always nice to have, so many things are possible now, such as new biomes, it's also very nice that you can use one texture sheet and have variations of entities and it will randomly switch up in game, and you can mod it so when you edit map png you can use colour codes to place them. I'm not happy about seaweed at the moment I can't seem to get the right result, KAB has this more chunky art direction now with lots of round shapes. I also need to work on blocks that will go for seabed such as mud, I think it should automatically make blocks wet on contact with water and turn dirt into mud, I hope it's possible to script.

9. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Anything is possible. just some things are very hard to code ;3

Apronymous likes this.
  10. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Could someone tell why it takes so long to see changes in kag while modifying files on the fly? Is there some sort of a preset command that does make it take so long or is it dependable how fast the computer is?

11. From autoconfig.cfg:

g_reloadfiles_count = 5 # How many files to tick forward the file reloader each frame. High numbers will cause filesystem rape and lag.
    g_reloadfiles_wait = 5 # How long to wait between updates to the file reloader.

12. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

That is fucking sexy.

Awesomer likes this.
  13. Nefrylion

Nefrylion Shopkeep Stealer

i'm in the yellow submarine yellow submarine :D

14. ewox250

ewox250 Shark Slayer

well done guys :thumbs_up:

Agnar and DobryMurzyn like this.
  15. xnx17ts

xnx17ts Builder Stabber

how do you modify the files ingame?

16. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

You don't actually modify the files "ingame", but modify them using some text editor and then, they get automatically updated ingame after a while.

17. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

And here I was restarting the game after every change.

Working on art for Quarters. I don't know anything about coding, however.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Asu, Piano, Guitarman and 5 others like this.
  18. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Pix, you should ask JackD if you can add your stuff to his server. THAT would be awesome.

19. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

I think with images it doesn't work. At least the times I've made changes to some sprites they do not get updated. Maybe I just need to wait some more time... if it works for you, let me (us) know please :)

BlueLuigi likes this.
  20. LadyHawk

LadyHawk Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay