1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Drill Water Racing scuba diving lantern and U-boote

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by JacKD, May 9, 2013.

1. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Out of boredom I made some mods to the Drill, Lantern and War Boat.
    • The Drill makes you go faster underwater and has a slight glide effect on the air based on its heat.
    • There's a U-Boot (U-Boat in english) that keeps you from drowning and submerges and stuff. Not much more. It fires ballista bolts now! It has a different hull and its easier to get inside when floating on water (from behind)
    • And finally the lantern in your inventory works as an Now there's a proper Air Tank and lets you breath longer under water.
    • There's a new Water Lantern for underwater explorations (its doesnt turn off in water and has a longer light radius)
    Props to Rubixxcube for the Drill idea, it is awesome IMO lol.

UPDATED ON: 11/may/2013 please *delete* the old folder and redownload. Overwriting is NOT ENOUGH.
    Download the mod from: http://tiny.cc/JacKDsMOD
    You can test it on my server: JacKD's U-Boot War
    Extract the files in the "Mods" folder on the main KAG installation folder.
    Enjoy!

2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Sounds good, I'll test it.
    /!\ You should have posted it in Game Modes.

JacKD likes this.
  3. JacKD

I don't think it is a game mode as it stand right now, just a couple of mods, that's the reason I posted it here. If any moderator wishes to make the move, by all means do it :)

4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

JacKD Would it be okay if I used your U-Boot script files and make custom sprites for submarine? I will credit you when I get to do it.

5. JacKD

Sure, no problem. If you do manage to make the U-Boot sprites I could add them to the mod and give you credit, win-win :)

LostPix and Beepo like this.
  6. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

nice ill try it out

7. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Alright I'm working on it now, I thought about doing a whole theme for it, like sea mines, submarines with torpedoes, I think it's all going to be difficult code wise but not so much with sprites. Heck I'll even do giant sea tortoise as long as someone is willing to do the coding.

8. Bint

Bint Haxor

Someone get this man his code!

Apronymous likes this.
  9. JacKD

BRING IT ON! xD I'd love a giant turtle... though I don't know how big it should be. Four war boats big? 12? BIGGER?!?!? It should fit in a map after all :p I imagine it like a super shark or something xD No idea how it could be code though, probably a shark mod or something...

Hey, this image shows the current "frame" of the UBoot hull, it's a bit different for the one ont he War Boat, so it would be better if you try to adjust to it so that people have an idea of where is the UBoot entrance.
    UBoot_frame.png

I've updated the mod, the UBoot can fire ballista bolts now.

Froghead48 likes this.
  10. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

The giant turtle, well if characters in kag are 16px per 16px, so two tiles wide and two tiles tall, the turtle would be at least four tiles which is 32px per 16px tall I guess, big enough to mount it.

[​IMG]

11. xnx17ts

xnx17ts Builder Stabber

how do I craft the uboat the airtank and the underwater lantern I cant find out how. Also did I do it correctly by putting the JacKDsMOD inside the mod folder or were I suppose to put the base file into the mods folder?

12. JacKD

Not sure if I understand you question. Can you rephrase it please?

Yes, that's the way it's installed.

13. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

if there is no way of crafting the U-boot, then can you spawn it? how do you spawn it? do you need to do !U-boot?
    </br>--- merged: Jul 31, 2013 9:12 AM ---</br>
    oh, and do you need to open the 7z file INSIDE the mod folder? and do you delete the 7z file after?

14. llleo

llleo Catapult Fodder

it gets me an error: unable to read scripts (when i enter sandbox or somhething like this)

15. Asu

It's too old. No more compatible.

16. llleo

llleo Catapult Fodder

oh, ok. thx
    does the fun servers have special mods? i've been looking for shotguns a long ago.

17. Asu

18. llleo

llleo Catapult Fodder

the reavy knights are just like the normal ones? and the bomber really works?

19. Asu

It's not really the place to talk of it here.
    But heavy knights are more powerful that knights but much heavier.
    And yes the bomber works, it's hidden in KAG files.

20. llleo

llleo Catapult Fodder

i mean, do they drop bombs?