1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[753] Hella's Super Epic Sub-Oceanic Uber-Port (Pat. Pending) [v. 01]

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by rocker2, May 14, 2013.

1. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

So I was playing with Hella this afternoon, and I watched him and NinjaCell build the greatest invention in the Beta so far: Hella's Super Epic Underground Port of Epicness (v. 01) Hella's Super Epic Sub-Oceanic Uber-Port (Pat. Pending) [v. 01]

Screen shot 2013-05-14 at 5.35.24 PM.png

The basic concept is that if you create a drain from a body of water to a cavern, you can build an underground stream and connect it to a lake. When you unpack a boat in the cave and ride it into the lake, it'll float up to the surface, almost as if out of nowhere. Then, you can launch surprise boat attacks from the bottom of the lake under the cover of night! It'll scare the shit out of them, just as it scared me the first time I saw it.

Screen shot 2013-05-14 at 5.38.09 PM.png

Keep in mind that this is not a trap, just an ultra cool way to have fun with the beta. Yeah, it's minecrafting, but it's an awesome way to attack another team and works 100% of the time.

//I totally agree. :D ~ Rocker
    //Fixed the title. It was highly necessary. :3 ~ Hella

illu, BlueLuigi, XyellowX and 8 others like this.
  2. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

I like underwater kegs, or bombs, or anything that explodes.

Translation: MOAR DOORS.

3. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

If it hadn't been an entire island away from the main action at the time, more doors would have been added. As such, I also built a canal through the next island, the central island on Arcrave's SHARK War server. Needless to say, it was a beautiful thing.

Digger101, Apronymous and killatron46 like this.
  4. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

The only sad thing is about things like this, is 4 seconds with a drill and its toast. :(

I still think Drills shouldn't work under water.

5. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

That sounds like a pretty good suggestion, actually. If they were cooled by water, but couldn't work in it, I could still maintain my habitual watery tunnels for drilling speed, but the ridiculous flooding using drills would be impossible.

I like it. I like it a lot.

Apronymous, Kiofspa and killatron46 like this.
  6. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

However, then water bases would just be completely OP, as the only way to get at them then would be suicide keging (have to hold the keg while lit because it floats). So one archer camping in your base and its set for life... Oh and cata rocks do enormous damage underwater too so idk.

7. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

ill most likely make drills not work in water anyway, this design was very effective as long as there is a builder to defend it... it was destroyed after you left because your team lacked decent builders

8. eamono

eamono Arsonist

wait, you built a tunnel large enough for a boat to get through halfway across the map?
    [​IMG]

Apronymous likes this.