1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Let's make our own balanced KAB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ardivaba, May 6, 2013.

1. Cpa3y

Cpa3y Shark Slayer

It make the game different.

2. 16th

16th Bison Rider

Noup. Same shit on every server. Jumping like in weightlessness with quite difficult to land on a certain point.

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

People will learn to jump into them better in no time, it hasn't been out long enough for people to bitch about this. IT's a hard jump but if you wiggle forward/backward you will get there in 1-2 tries once you've had a little practice.

AnRK and Chrispin like this.
  4. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Crates should be watertight. I should be able to throw a crate in water, get in it, and float there almost indefinitely.

5. eamono

eamono Arsonist

If this were to be inplemented I would prefer that crates floated (giving you air to breath by being above the water) instead of supplied you with air, that way if you get run over by a boat you wont just roll around underneath it, you may have to get out

6. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

- Classic Style Team Tickets
    - Current win conditions are terribaide and lead to stalemates most of the time, being able to set say 1-10 tickets per player on match start would be wonderful and the best option (as of now) until CTF and/or proper win conditions are implemented.

Digger101, 16th, Mazey and 1 other person like this.
  7. eamono

eamono Arsonist

10 or even 20 tickets seems a bit low, considering how all enemies get to be convientently grouped together in boats for you to toss a keg into,

I think that the win condition should be a KoTH style capture and hold this area(s) until you win, or at least not tickets. I always hated it in old KAG when some dumbass on your team would break your tower and you would lose half your tickets right there, especially now considering how many people accidently blow up kegs the base.

Beelzebub, Froghead48 and Chrispin like this.
  8. Hella

Maybe take some inspiration from the original Incarnum server, which I remember fondly; on a full match of 64 players, there were about 1500 or so tickets. A large number of tickets would allow for the various movements of gameplay to do their thing, but also would actually have an end.

Also, drills shouldn't work when submerged in water. They should still be cooled in water, but simply not do the drilling part. This means that the sheer power of being able to drill infinitely in a half submerged tunnel would be limited to maintaining a water pool to cool the drill in. It would also mean that it will be impossible to simply smash through some underwater doors without explosives and such.

9. 16th

16th Bison Rider

Reversed bridges allows the archer to freely shoot and do not get arrows of the enemy are so so wack. Need to do something with it.

10. Hella

That's where a fire arrow comes in handy; a ballista can just punch through bridges as well, making it even more effective that fire arrows.

Froghead48 likes this.
  11. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I think they should add global warming,for when more factories are produced and being used,the water level rises in the ocean and increases.
    E.g maybe something like every 10 factories the water level rises by 2 this is just a minor change to the game but it would make the game realistic.
    :noburu::dirt:
    :noburu::dirt:

12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

That sounds more like a specific mod thing not a general balanced version thing to be honest , too niche without actually doing anything to specifically add balance.

13. eamono

eamono Arsonist

*squints*

dont take this the wrong way but part of me wants to punch you right now,

whats with people and "realism" these days? and half the "realistic" games aren't even close to that, "oh whats that you fell out of a helicopter and landed on a land mine? its fine cause this guy has a defibrillator", or even unrealistic games trying to be realistic, "oh what you wanted some porkchops? TOO BAD! you have to breed animals now! if you went stab-happy and murdered the surrounding wildlife you get to have fun guiding autistic pigs 6 miles through the snow"

14. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

I seriously don't understand how everyone accidently blows up a keg.

Perhaps the drills will break ALOT faster while underwater, and also do 1/2 as much damage when submerged?

15. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Have you ever seen someone 25'ing while spam-clicking drill on his way out of the base? well little know fact: drill + keg = boom

Chrispin likes this.
  16. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

eamono,I'm sorry i getting what your trying to say.

17. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Basically KAG is in no way a realistic medieval simulator, and there's no way it should try to be.

18. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

but my ~realism~
    </br>--- merged: May 17, 2013 10:50 PM ---</br>
    brb mining for gold 10 feet underground in solid, unrefined form

Apronymous likes this.
  19. TreeMeister

TreeMeister Catapult Fodder

I think that buildings are too weak. I was on a server once, and my team took out a 3 stone block thick wall with only a couple shots from a boat mounted catapult. Either making stone harder to destroy, or nerfing the damage of catapults could fix that. (I have a few more suggestions niggling about, but you know, one idea per post :P)

20. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Scrap half of the ideas suggested in here and scrap half of the original game features; make it really simple and build up extra stuff from there. You can't balance things by just adding a clusterfuck of stuff.