1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

NKking's maps. [WAR]

Discussion in 'Maps' started by NKking, May 21, 2013.

1. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

3 of my maps so far. I am planning on doing more.
    Mines and Pirates
    [​IMG]
    Cliff
    [​IMG]
    Islands
    [​IMG]

Invaders, Hawxx, Canadian98 and 4 others like this.
  2. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Mines and Pirates:
    The rugged ocean terrain is an intriguing concept. I'll have to try it out in-game. The amount of gold on this map needs to be heavily reduced, there's probably more gold then stone. The landscapes next to the spawn should either be expanded upon of flattened to an extent, for easier construction of fortresses.

Cliff:
    Such that the game can progress teams need to be able to enter the enemies base. I can't help but notice that in this map, that would be quite hard for both sides leading to long stalemates. I would rethink those openings to account for the above.

Great effort, the maps do have a certain beauty to them. :)

3. NKking

Thx for advice.
    But on cliff map there is bedrock inside of the cliff, so any ship can just swim across and get to the opening in the cliff(small opening) near the big gold supply. Once I was playing on beo's and there was that map with mountain at the front line. As you said the bottom of the cliff was destroyed by kegs so it was a floating base. When tested that map I spamed kegs out there ; it is still possible to get up.
    I will fix mines and pirates.
    </br>--- merged: May 22, 2013 10:40 AM ---</br>
    Fixed both maps and added trader stands to the mines and pirates.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    </br>--- merged: May 22, 2013 8:53 PM ---</br>
    Made a new map.
    [​IMG]

Apronymous likes this.
  4. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

You should add a Wisent to the top of each Cliff

BlueLuigi likes this.
  5. NKking

I don't know how . :c

6. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Check the stickied thread for this forum?

7. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I think you misunderstood me, I was suggesting that the two cliffs made attacking the enemy's base hard, as they could easily block off the small entrance with stone and you would have nowhere to go.

As for the new map, it's quite nice. I would decrease the number of scrolls and reduce the island sizes slightly.

8. NKking

Ok, will do :3
    Sorry I have tones of work so a bit derpy from time to time.
    </br>--- merged: May 25, 2013 12:36 AM ---</br>
    Updated Cliff map.
    [​IMG]

9. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

This is a really cool map.
    </br>--- merged: May 25, 2013 7:48 AM ---</br>
    This map is very tedious to play.

LostPix likes this.
  10. NKking

No, that one is a fixed one. if you play it smart with a normal team you will win fast and easy, but if you have a dumb team any map is tedious to play.
    You probably was playing on another version of that map, which has no island in the middle.

11. Agnar

Agnar Catapult Fodder

:eek: Very huge maps

12. NKking

These are standard once :3

13. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Whichever version was on Beo's server lasted a horribly long time. I joined in the middle of a match that had apparently been going on for an hour or more, one team had even built doors along the entire seabed.

14. NKking

Again,if you play it smart with a normal team you will win fast and easy. My record is 4 hour and 34 min match on vanilla KAG Beta map>my team had a F**ing Citadel same for the other team and then people started to leave and dominating team won, so yeahhhhh 1 hour match is normal for KAG.

15. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

that was only when i joined. it last for like another 30m to an hour, intolerable

16. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

After playing these maps for quite a bit on BEO's I have to say they are very tedious to play, massive stalemate on both sides all the time, not much space to grow plants, underground is easily flooded and it cuts away most resources, signatue on the map is really unecessary and it ruins it, I really despise signatures like this and this carries over from old days of counter strike, having you posting these maps on forums is enough of the proof that it's your creation, unless you want to stick your signature somewhere where it's not that visible, every painter would tell you that not just a mapper per say.

17. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

i think the stalemates are from there being only one path and no islands in the middle to take over. boats sailing from one main base to the other.

the map with pillars is by far his best.

18. NKking

Thx for complement, but there is island in the middle????
    I played it yesterday. the other problem that people are not using it. That island is made so if you open water people will be able to reach the bedrock covered gold spot from the boat and if they have builder they can build up or continue swimming. If offensive team will destroy the frontline of the def in the beginning the defending team's mines will be flooded and they have most of the gold.
    That how that map should work, but people are not cooperating to win it. Every man for him self. Sadly.

19. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Islands = plural of island. Also your island is way too tiny for either team to establish a foothold.

20. NKking

Hmmm, ok I will think of something.
    </br>--- merged: May 27, 2013 12:50 PM ---</br>
    Here is the fix for both maps.

Cliff
    Added large island in the middle with gold. reduced gold amount in the main base.
    Made so who gets to the island first has bigger chances to win.
    Now tunnelling will be a possible strategy but not effective.
    easier way up to the enemy base.
    [​IMG]

Griffer and noob protection. and small island in the middle.
    [​IMG]