1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Xbox One: The Next Generation

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Lieber, May 22, 2013.

?

Excited for the Xbox One?

1. Yes.

18.8%
  2. No.

68.8%
  3. What the hell is this?

12.5%
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

So the new Xbox, dubbed Xbox One, was revealed yesterday. If you don't feel like watching the whole event or haven't read any news about it on video game websites, here's a video to sum it up:

2. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

I dont like the name, but it sounds like its going to be great. better than the Ps4 anyway.

3. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

yeeeeee http://imgur.com/cn9ckRM

[​IMG]

4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

:flex: Playstation master race.

Aphelion, delankski and hans_02 like this.
  5. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

i only care about controllers i can use on the pc

xbox one pad does not look better than Razer Hydra or Leap Motion

6. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

I used to call my original xbox, xbox 1 ;____;

Kramgnauh and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  7. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I am excited for this I was gonna make a thread for this but,you beat me too it.
    Also they added awesome things and better experiences:
    • 64-bit OS,8GB ram,built in Wi-Fi and 3 USB slots
    • Blueray dvd player
    • 1080p hd camera for kinnect
    • Multi-tasking
    • Switching between game, TV etc is faster using voice control
    • No more Hard Drive it's all cloud controlled so when you(buy,go over to a friends house)you just log in and then download...
    • You can play find a best connection server on (COD,any multiplayer game),while playing another game...
    • Capture Card inside the xbox one.
    There is more but I can't remember but I will update them when I get to it.

8. Lieber

Now to the bad stuff:

- You have to pay a fee to play used games, as they tie to one gamertag.
    - Hard Drive is not replaceable, you can only add them by USB 3.0.
    - Apparently you would need to connect to the internet every 24h for your console to work.
    - Forced Kinect integration.

Microsoft employees are contradicting their colleagues, not sure what they confirm and what they deny because this reveal was so disastrous.

9. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Yes, Xbox One by M$ Corporation. :D

10. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

I only care about using the controllers on a PC and this new model doesnt seem to have any significant improvements over the 360 pad so guess I don't care.

Rayne likes this.
  11. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

This console is just awful, you have to connect to the internet every 24 hours and if you're one of the many in areas without good internet connections your Xbox One is just a box. Also used games fees, plus required installation for every physical game you buy. Then mandatory kinect is lol. Why even make and ship physical games for this thing?
    How did I miss Liebers post?

Ej likes this.
  12. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

How often do you not have internet in 24h, and how rare is that?
    So what if you have to pay a fee, it is good that you can trade virtual games when you normally can't; e.g. Steam.
    Swapping a hard drive isn't that necessary?
    What forced kinect integration?

13. Lieber

The 24 hours thing is reasonable, but it's still the next step towards an always online console.

We're talking about a console that's becoming more like a PC, but nowhere near as good. The 360 games didn't have used games fees. You had online passes sure, but it didn't lock you out of the whole game. Now they want to force you to pay if you want to play a game that's used, effectively fucking over retailers.

Swapping Hard Drives is necessary when the hard drive for the Xbox One is only 500 GB and you are forced to install every single game, save files, DLC, gamer profiles and everything on the hard drive.

By forced Kinect integration I mean that you cannot use your Xbox if the Kinect is not plugged in. It will listen to what you say and watch what you do during your use of the console since it simply has to be on for it to work.

delankski and MechaTrickster like this.
  14. I know people who do not have stable Internet connection because of where they live etc.. It is not really uncommon if you aren't American middle class.
    Who cares about virtual games, paying Micro$oft for used games is literally putting DMR for real life. Again, some people who are not American middle class tend to buy used games because it's around 5 times cheaper (if you actually looked out of UK that is, console games are insanely cheap there already, twice as cheap as in other parts of Europe while Brits get decent salaries too).
    You would actually be surprised on how many people swap hard drives in their consoles because getting a 1TB HD is really cheap and you could just put it into a 10GB console. I believe it's kind of troublesome with USB.
    Not sure on that one but I'll risk saying that the console already comes with Kinect so you can't get one without. It's just more pennies for Bill Gates and his mates.

e: actually ninja'd by Lieber
    e2: actually mecha ez'd vanhuek before the latter one even started defending this jewbox

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    delankski likes this.
  15. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

would they really buy this overpriced mini pc

16. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

It is for virtual games you buy on the store as well, which I think is a great idea and understandable and royalties will be paid back to the developer.

I can see what you mean but there is cloud storage and why isn't it as good as a PC? It avoids bloatware, viruses and the like and remains fully optimised for games. Currently I find games work much better on console than PC and why can't you use the xbox when it isn't plugged in? And you can opt in for things with the kinect and most likely disable 'kinect on' although I really could not care if it recorded everything. Whilst I think some things maybe questionable I prefer the all-in-one system but it will be interesting to see what happens at e3 with more news about the xbox, if anything has changed, and the ps4. The technology of the new kinect though I think it amazing.

Digger101 likes this.
  17. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

im more interested in https://www.leapmotion.com/

18. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Looks awesome and fairly priced. Will be interesting to see reviews.

19. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

>Using Cloud Storage on a Console
    >Disabling Kinect when it's required
    >Not caring if it catches you doing private stuff and is then sold on the internet
    >Asking why? and implying people know why the fuck M$ is doing this shit

delankski likes this.
  20. probably not, because of numerous reasons that we just shat on here

Mods: BlueLuigi