1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Marvel vs. DC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SMASH1413, May 31, 2013.

?

Marvel vs. D.C.

1. Marvel

83.3%
  2. DC

27.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Now I was wondering whether people preferred marvel comics, films etc. to DC comics, films etc.
    Please post here and your reasons.

Personally I have only really seen marvel films compared to DC films but, I still find that I like marvel better.

!!!Also who is your faveroute superhero???!!!

2. Shadza

Shadza Knightmare Donator

Who's best...hmmm i don't know realy. There's few best like black panther,hawkeye,black widow,hulk,iron man,cyclop,thor,capitan america,wolverine and daredevil. :)

3. feet

feet Bison Rider

Great. Now I can get my nerd on.
    Why Marvel is better.
    Marvel has more well known heroes than DC. Sure, they have Batman and Superman but Marvel has (as said above)
    as well as others (cuz I'm too lazy to type).
    Most of people will know superheroes, not through comics, but through movies and television. Marvel has been quite successful in this endevour, with many superheroes released. Many people have seen 'The Avengers', 'Iron Man 1/2/3', 'X-Men', 'Captain America: The First Avenger' and such. The list goes on. Many Marvel movies have been released and many more are to be made. Shall I mention that Superman hasn't been featured in a good movie yet? Marvel heroes (and their villains) are more well-known to the world. Anyone heard of Vixen? Or Animal Man? Thought so.
    Even those who are involved in the creation of Marvel comics are more well known that those in DC. Two words. Stan Lee.

Despite my views on Marvel, I have to say my favourite character is Catwoman.

Canadian98 and Shadza like this.
  4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Vertigo.

Kalikst likes this.
  5. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

The only really good movies DC has put out are Batman, and Superman assuming it lives up to the hype. I've heard rumours that superman will lead into a Justice League movie though c:

6. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I think that most of the Marvel films are really good, and I have heard lots of good things about all of the Batman films for DC,
    But I would still stick with marvel.

Thor is the best!!!

7. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Y NO IMAGE COMICS.
    They have spawn, the walking dead and some other stuff.

8. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I just picked Marvel and DC because I was interested in which one people preferred, I just picked them so it was a narrower competition and to be honest I have only seen marvel and DC stuff so that's what I like more.

9. This + Batman. Honestly, Vertigo imprint is one of the best things that happened to comic book industry, just think of Watchmen or V for Vendetta, not to mention many others.

Speaking of Marvel, I don't really like their comics with some exceptions of course but in my opinion they're better at publicity than DC - as making successful TAS (Spider-Man or X-Men) and blockbuster movies. While DC has potential for good movies but somehow they're managing to screw every project except Batman. We'll see soon how did they manage to put Superman on screen, gonna be interesting for sure.

feet and Shadza like this.
  10. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

DC have done extremely well with their newest creation: Man Of Steel, personally if I could I would give it a review of 10.5/10 or a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review!!! It had action, adventure, brilliant puns and romance but best of all a brilliant story line, I would recommend anybody to go and see it especially in 3D it is great, go now, yes go get your coat, keys and wallet and go out to your nearest cinema to watch it hurry!

SMASH1413 :)

[I think I may have gone a little bit over board with this review but who cares :)]

11. Pecola1033

Pecola1033 Drill Rusher
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Fuck that Feet you noob. DC is so better then Marvel because jst look :
    DC has the two greatest Heroes of all time, and the two greatest villains of all time. Batman and Superman, and Joker and Lex Luthor. Batman and Superman have ALWAYS been the two most popular and well recognized super heroes of all time. While Joker and Lex Luthor have always been the two greatest arch rivals of all time.Look at all te gret movies they have had like the Green Lantern and Batman 89, Batman Returns, Watchmen and the newest Batman trilogy. Dont forget SUPERMAN.

MArtain Manhunter would defeat Captain America for two simple reasons: First, Captain America is FUCKING useless. Secondly, Martian Manhunter has way more powers than him, including telepathy, shape-shifting, projecting energy, x-ray vision, phasing, invisibility, flight, and super strength. That's to much for someone as weak as Captain America to deal with.

Hulk vs flash and the greenlantern. Even though Hulk is the mst well know MArvel hero He WOULDLOSE. Flash would ditract hulk while the greenlantern would use his ring and lock him in a bo and throwhim into space. No even hulk could servive the vacumm of space.

Hawkgril would murk the black widow. All widow is is a special trained government agent with a gun I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK. Hawkgirl would fly around killing widow with her beast weapon and powers.

FINALLY : BAtman vs Iron man: Batman would use his EMP on Iron man and make him 100% useless.

I stand to my conclussion taht DC superheros are way better then marvel heros. Oh yeah who would forget SUPERMAN VS THOR. Superman would defeat thor becuase thor does not have kyrptonite FUCKING obviously and superman would defeat thor with his awesome skills and powers including heatvision and that SUperman is basically indestructible. Face the fucking facts bro face the fucking facts...

12. Discovery Channel all the way.

13. Pecola1033

Pecola1033 Drill Rusher
    1. Delta Force - Delta

IGN not discovery channel x3

14. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

delete this

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  15. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Superman would easily get beat by Thor, first look to Imawsomes post superman is weak to magic am so Thor would thrash him, secondly Thor is a god and that trumps superman anyday and well apart from a few who can kill a god?!?!

16. feet

feet Bison Rider

This is partly the reason why I prefer Marvel over DC: DC superheroes are waaaaay overpowered.

Let's take Superman for example. What would he be like if he didn't have a weakness to kryptonite and magic? Nuff said.

Weakness and hardship makes things interesting. If superheroes can just beat everybody up in a single hit, the what's the fun in that?

Also, in this fans voted more Marvel characters than DC ones to win.

17. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

There are many likeable Marvels but Batman is the only DC anyone really gives two shits about.

"Nobody gives a fuck about Superman. You don't give a fuck about Superman, even if you think you do."

18. Pecola1033

Pecola1033 Drill Rusher
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Never trust Wikipedia

19. eamono

eamono Arsonist

When someone ask's you to think of a superhero what do you think of? probably either superman or batman. DC

20. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

"With great power comes great responsibility." - probably some DC character

Mods: BlueLuigi