1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Need help with settings for Zombies mod server

Discussion in 'General Help' started by AHrEJl, Sep 23, 2011.

1. AHrEJl

AHrEJl Shopkeep Stealer

Need help with zombies mode. Need settings for bots, not only commands for respawn delay and call of the bots. Just need commands that would rename the bots and throw them into the other team when you start map. Because guess what Henry under what number is problematic for throwing in another team. What command builder invetar off that he could not build?

2. ArcticSquire

ArcticSquire Shipwright

iv mad a map and i would like to run a zombie game on it. the players are on blue and will be archers and the reds will be computers and red. Any idea of how i do this?

Thanks

Arctic

3. AHrEJl

AHrEJl Shopkeep Stealer

Now only swaping when map start.

4. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

Sadly, the bots are a bit unfinished at the moment, and utilizing them is a little painful. As far as i know, currently, there is no way to spawn them on a specific team. You have to manually switch them as you have tried. The trick is knowing that bots spawn with a team in an alternating fashion. Example of \players:

id 7 Henry (red)
    id 8 Henry (blue)
    id 9 Henry (red)
    id 10 Henry (blue)

Use \players to list the henrys then take note of the ID of the first henry on the list. It it an odd or even number? Let's assume he is ID #7. Then, \swapid 7 to switch his team. If he switches to the team you want, you can know that other ODD numbers are the henrys you want to swap, so continue to \swapid 9, 11, 13, etc. You can of course reverse this process to EVEN numbers if the initial team swap was not what you wanted.

Also, in the file you are adding bots in, you can also add the following command to stall the spawn:

sleep(X); where X is seconds.
    ----
    The easiest way to do this quickly for single player use only is to modify the "Swordfight" tutorial. In your /kag/base/maps/ folder, open up swordfight.gm (make a backup of the original). There, on the the 2nd line replace the swordfight map with yours:

LoadMap( "Maps/YOURMAP.png" );

Under that, you can add more bots by using more "addbot" commands. Then you can swap their teams as I have described above.

When you're finished, you can click on swordfight in the kag main menu, and it should load up your map.

----

It's a little confusing now, but i'm confident there will be an easier way to control the bots in the future.

I hope this helps!

5. AHrEJl

AHrEJl Shopkeep Stealer

addbot not work need type addBot("");

lol

6. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

Correct, i should have been more specific.